Skip to main content

Survivor: Heroes v Villains - Episode 23

Is George an annoying little shit?…

• Total voters
I agree with 100% I always record the episode because I want to be able to fast forward the boring parts, last night I just watch the Tribal Council and that's all. Like you it I can't be invested in this year show. I hope "Alone" will be better
Yes, for the first time all season I wondered whether I would bother watching it last night. Usually I'm quite good at avoiding spoilers too but as soon as the twist was announced I just came here to find out who it was and moan about it.

Season 2; Jericho removed Tessa from the jury and won by doing so. Shit twist.

At least though that felt pre-planned putting every member from the final 12 on the jury so with the twist leaving a jury of 9 to vote on two finalists. It was a necessary twist to break the tie. Here going from 9 voting on a final 2 to 7 voting on a final 3 just feels like it wasn't planned from the outset.

P.S. For those who might be interested there have been two new reality shows start in the UK on C4 this week. The first Rise and Fall is their big production, from the makes of The Circle and The Traitors and playing out over 18 episodes over 3-4 weeks. It's basically a Have / Have Not scenario with 6 rulers making decisions and 10 grafters doing tasks to win the prize money the rulers will ultimately win, with of course opportunities for people to "rise and fall" and eliminations along the way (seemingly only rulers can be eliminated). TBH I tuned out after the first episode - felt like nothing we hadn't seen before and found the cast very unlikeable.

However Tempting Fortune which has arrived just a week later, and despite only being 6 episodes has three times the potential jackpot, premiered last night and had a much better launch episode which will have me going back for more. It's basically an 18 day trek through South Africa, but with temptations along the way to spend the prize money (like £500 for a milkshake, £3000 for an easy route). On the whole the cast seem much more likeable and watchable, and the producers realise conflict arises from good people dealing with dilemmas, rather than arseholes arguing for the sake of arguing.

Back