Skip to main content

Survivor: Heroes v Villains - Episode 21

What do you think of the Producers?… they should…

• Total voters
God, there is crab shit on that island that has more game than Gerry and Matt. Was quite clearly early on Gerry wouldn't budge, but they dangled the carrot yet again. Must be half the episodes that have used the prospect of George going to keep viewers watching. Surprised really George didn't use the isolation time (god, they really didn't have the budget for exile did they?) to lock in a three with Liz and Matt and somewhat cover his tracks with them rather than assume only Nina and Gerry will share notes with each other.

Simon though showed how to play the game with good grace and respect - I doubt George would have been as respectful to Simon if the roles had been reversed. Shame he didn't quite win immunity but after Matt was screwed over last time it was only fair he won again. Enjoyed that challenge too - one of the best in a while.

I'd quite like Nina to win now - indeed she's the only one I can support in any way as the only person to really get there without just playing George's game.

Yeah, at least Nina is fighting now.
It took her way too long to wake up (not just to how to play the game, but how to have any presence at all), but her end game has been better than George's pawns. If she can articulate that argument at the final tribal, she deserves to win over the others who are left.
But still, a pretty poor contestant who was only there through connections.

I don't think she was sleeping, I think she was just keeping a low profile - and it largely worked until they screwed up the idol play. Remember Nina was the instigator in the cancelled pre-merge vote which would have truly blindsided Hayley.

P.S. Having caught up on the jury villa episodes if you're not winning anything going out early in the jury stage is pretty much a prize in itself.

It's also pretty ironic that Gerry is now attributing his loyalty to George to how much he respects him as his mentor and how much he's learned from him. But he clearly hasn't learned a thing, or he would have taken the lessons and then blindsided George last night, in the same way George cut Shonee and Hayley when it suited his game.

I haven't posted here before. After this episode I just had to post something.
All of these contestants are supposed to be Survivor fans and I find it extremely frustrating to watch so many of them following along like sheep to whatever George tells them to do. If they were true fans of Survivor they should know you can't win Survivor acting that way, and you can't wait until the last few days and then finally pop out of "Pawn" mode and make 1 big move that probably everyone else that helps you make that 1 move will all claim as their own.
Gerry is a great guy.... I respect him allot. But he is an awful Survivor player. He pretty much bowed down at George's feet in front of the jury saying he is his teacher and he is his pupil. How do you expect to have any chance of winning doing that??
Liz watched him stab her best friend in the back and immediately fell back into step with whatever George told her to do. How do you win Survivor doing that? How can you think you have any chance of winning doing that? Matt is the same way, his big move has been becoming one of George's followers and letting George protect him. How do you win Survivor with that strategy? He wasn't even brave enough to go after George while wearing the immunity necklace for TWO tribal councils. Instead he just followed George's orders as usual.
At this point if the 3 of them FINALLY decide to come out from behind George's coat tails and make a move right at the end of the game... I don't see that as worthy of being named "Sole Survivor". George is the only one right now that has the resume. Nina has a chance since she has actually BEEN trying to make moves unlike the 3 pawns. Even she has a very long shot of beating George sitting next to him this late in the game since she doesn't the big moves or control that George has had for most of this season. She needs George gone to win I think.
Nina at least understands what is needed to win, she just hasn't been able to pull of the moves to earn her status to win.
Simon was right on about Liz, Gerry and Matt. He was disrespectful to them in the way he said it and I personally did not like that and I don't think he would have won any votes from the jury in the way he said it.
Simon could have said the same thing and still showed he respected them for who they were outside of the game. To be honest I don't respect their game play either...You can't spend 21 episodes following orders, sucking up and laying low. I don't know how anyone respects that kind of game play, and would vote for them to win Survivor.
I hope in future seasons they screen the competitors better because watching followers follow a dominant player for weeks is not very entertaining. This season has been one of my least favorites because of that.

Last edited:
I haven't posted here before. After this episode I just had to post something.
All of these contestants are supposed to be Survivor fans and I find it extremely frustrating to watch so many of them following along like sheep to whatever George tells them to do. If they were true fans of Survivor they should know you can't win Survivor acting that way, and you can't wait until the last few days and then finally pop out of "Pawn" mode and make 1 big move that probably everyone else that helps you make that 1 move will all claim as their own.
Gerry is a great guy.... I respect him allot. But he is an awful Survivor player. He pretty much bowed down at George's feet in front of the jury saying he is his teacher and he is his pupil. How do you expect to have any chance of winning doing that??
Liz watched him stab her best friend in the back and immediately fell back into step with whatever George told her to do. How do you win Survivor doing that? How can you think you have any chance of winning doing that? Matt is the same way, his big move has been becoming one of George's followers and letting George protect him. How do you win Survivor with that strategy? He wasn't even brave enough to go after George while wearing the immunity necklace for TWO tribal councils. Instead he just followed George's orders as usual.
At this point if the 3 of them FINALLY decide to come out from behind George's coat tails and make a move right at the end of the game... I don't see that as worthy of being named "Sole Survivor". George is the only one right now that has the resume. Nina has a chance since she has actually BEEN trying to make moves unlike the 3 pawns. Even she has a very long shot of beating George sitting next to him this late in the game since she doesn't the big moves or control that George has had for most of this season. She needs George gone to win I think.
Nina at least understands what is needed to win, she just hasn't been able to pull of the moves to earn her status to win.
Simon was right on about Liz, Gerry and Matt. He was disrespectful to them in the way he said it and I personally did not like that and I don't think he would have won any votes from the jury in the way he said it.
Simon could have said the same thing and still showed he respected them for who they were outside of the game. To be honest I don't respect their game play either...You can't spend 21 episodes following orders, sucking up and laying low. I don't know how anyone respects that kind of game play, and would vote for them to win Survivor.
I hope in future seasons they screen the competitors better because watching followers follow a dominant player for weeks is not very entertaining. This season has been one of my least favorites because of that.
Agree with every word. Gerry basically made George's winners speech to the jury and you could see they had no time for it.

On the one hand George has controlled the game but on the other with every passing vote it's clear that is only because of how dumb the others are and not because he is a master strategist.

Back