Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mixed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More Idols than Idol

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Well at least it isn't MAFS

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
Anyway, that was a good episode until the twist at the end.
Hayley looked like the one who would be blindsided, so production steps in to save her.
And got the other tribe ready to enter tribal council all in advance ? Hmm.. Rumours haha.

Yeah another waste of an episode. Interesting what Zcsund said about it being an improvement over the second chance thing being an unknown in previous cases, I didn't think about that, and it's a very good point. A vote out is a vote out, and should always be like that, unless it's a second chances game. I was just pointing out to my partner in the episode that it's kind of random drawing rocks and no strategy, but actually, there's like a slice of randomness and a slice of hope. Still, this episode was skippable.

…Simon looks like a complete nuff nuff!… cheers.
Well and truly screwed over by production - and all by accident too.
They are acting like spoilt kids over Simon & the non idol.
If they're dumb enough to think Simon is smart enough to make a move like that they all deserve to lose to him.
I think Simon probably shouldn’t have assumed it was an idol. He should have known better.

However, it was a bit cruel that it wasn’t explicitly explained to be a clue.
More production incompetence than cruel. Was happy how it played out last night ultimately having no impact on tribal, but the backlash is somewhat unfair.
Haha George tossed Simon’s ring. Simon’s jump up onto the net was a bit impressive tho.
George first to do it of course when it fell due to another production "error" which hurt Simon and helped George, but as soon as Simon returns the favour they're shouting at him to play fair.
Haha funny. But the problem I have is that it actually isn’t even the cookie jar lid. It was a clue to the location of a hidden idol. But usually even clues come with some instructions. So in some ways it’s understandable that Simon assumed it to be an idol.
Exactly.
What am I missing in regards to Sam?

Seemed to be playing a cracking game and all of a sudden on the outter with his alliance?
Sam clearly on the bottom of that alliance - probably too far back in the alumni to have pre-existing relationships with the returnees. Matt will take that place when they merge unless David and Sam remain strong.
I see these sort of episodes as a waste of a episode.
Could have been the best episode of the season with a true blindside that affects things moving forward, but no, producers prioritise protecting George so throw in a twist which saves his season 6 buddy and strengthens his numbers at the Heroes.

Think Liz has screwed herself too long term as she had a strong alliance building there and an idol to protect her, whilst George and Shonee didn't need her and there is clearly only one or two more votes to merge. Find her rather unlikeable too.

I do feel kind of sorry for Simon.
Why is it that people accept without question that Shaun and Flick believed it was a real idol, but not Simon?
That is a really good point, especially with Shaun's history which I think George did comment on. But George comments on everything.

Guess it's all about the psychology of the game - easier to fit the narrative to what you believe, even if what you believe makes no sense.

What would be the benefit of voting out Matt?
He's so inoffensive, he might as well be left alone until later.
He has no strategy and won't make any moves, and is a malleable number for anyone.
Flick on the other hand is dangerous.

The assumption seems to be the producers have two people they're trying to protect, George and Hayley, George because of his entertainment value and all round aggressive game play, Hayley because she's a former winner.
If so - I don't get the rationale about Hayley, I don't find her interesting at all, there are better personalities than her on the now Villains tribe.
George? Definitely, love the bloke, he's a strategist par excellence, he thinks like the politician he aspires to be.

Stop 👏🏼 fucking 👏🏼 with 👏🏼 the 👏🏼 integrity 👏🏼 of 👏🏼 the 👏🏼 game.

Australian Survivor will always be superior to US Survivor, except for the producer twists and interferences. Let the game play out organically and cut the stupid non elimination eps out.

George first to do it of course when it fell due to another production "error" which hurt Simon and helped George, but as soon as Simon returns the favour they're shouting at him to play fair.
Yes I noticed that and thought wow, very one sided..
But I did like the look of major disapproval by Geo when he lost that round...
Could have been the best episode of the season with a true blindside that affects things moving forward, but no, producers prioritise protecting George so throw in a twist which saves his season 6 buddy and strengthens his numbers at the Heroes.

Think Liz has screwed herself too long term as she had a strong alliance building there and an idol to protect her, whilst George and Shonee didn't need her and there is clearly only one or two more votes to merge. Find her rather unlikeable too.
Yes I agree, I was thinking finally, if it just goes ahead as portrayed it will be a fabulous blindside and the looks on the others faces will be priceless making it a great episode... But, no, production had to step in to fuck it all up & save Hayley WHILST feeding Geo a bonus too...
& the other thing that would have made it such a great episode is that it would have led to more great episodes as we would have seen a new voting block formed + the fallout from the great blindside ... instead we get some shit show scripted by the producers yet again..

I can see why Timmy wasn't that keen this year - I'm slowly drifting in that direction -- so many crappy edited same old story "Knock off the threat by use of a flipper, that never pans out cause its just editing bullshit".. PLUS when a great move is about to be played - the producers shuffle the deck & fuck it all up AGAIN... very very frustrating to watch sometimes...

I'm sorry that Hayley's blindside wasn't allowed to play out - not because I don't like her (I'm neutral and she's a clever player) - because she won't let them get that close again. It would have been a TRUE blindside and the look on her face would have been priceless.
Now she will be extra wary, and we've been robbed of that.

I'm sorry that Hayley's blindside wasn't allowed to play out - not because I don't like her (I'm neutral and she's a clever player) - because she won't let them get that close again. It would have been a TRUE blindside and the look on her face would have been priceless.
Now she will be extra wary, and we've been robbed of that.

Shaun - Got given a fake idol again

Hayley - saved by a tribal twist again

George - Handed easy idols again

What else has happened so far that happened in there original series?

Yes I agree, I was thinking finally, if it just goes ahead as portrayed it will be a fabulous blindside and the looks on the others faces will be priceless making it a great episode... But, no, production had to step in to fuck it all up & save Hayley WHILST feeding Geo a bonus too...
& the other thing that would have made it such a great episode is that it would have led to more great episodes as we would have seen a new voting block formed + the fallout from the great blindside ... instead we get some shit show scripted by the producers yet again..
Yes - so often producers won't let the long game play out in favour of a short term stunt.

I like Hayley and in fact I like Shaun, but Hayley going and then Shaun being in a minority with his alliance having turned on them would have been interesting, though he does have an idol which yet again would negate any strategic move. Guess Simon would be the split vote anyway but he's so hated you might as well take him to merge.

So if production told Jacqui that she could play in the next season, yet the next season is reportedly a newbie season due to popular demand, they does that’s not a newbie season? I had my hopes up there..

They really need to bite the bullet and go with a fresh cast. Sure, there aren’t Georges and Haileys around every corner, but normal people can be fun too!

Last edited:
So if production told Jacqui that she could play in the next season, yet the next season is reportedly a newbie season due to popular demand, they does that’s not a newbie season? I had my hopes up there..

They really need to bite the bullet and go with a fresh cast. Sure, there aren’t Georges and Haileys around every corner, but normal people can be fun too!
Exactly - at least bump her to the follow season. Giving injured players a place in a subsequent season seems to be their "get out of lawsuit free" card. I assume quite a few people said no before they got to her for this season anyway.

Back