Skip to main content

Survivor: Heroes v Villains - Episode 10

Newbs are being decimated!! Which of the newbs has your backing?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nah, not his fault for this case; they’ve changed the rules from previous years according to people who’ve worked with the show

View attachment 59531
That’s interesting! I was wondering, with friends on different teams, whether they could just pass an idol back and forth to whoever loses the immunity challenge until someone finally needs to play it. A single idol could potentially save a lot of skins.

George kind of set that downfall up, as Simon would have still been working with Jordie in their new tribe if George didn't expose Jordie's duplicity in that epic tribal. (Not that Simon is any great shakes as a strategist, but he might have fed him intel from the beefpeople.) I mean it's bad for numbers for the Spice Girls, but interesting to think of as a series of falling dominoes. I just can't believe he didn't play his free idol.

George kind of set that downfall up, as Simon would have still been working with Jordie in their new tribe if George didn't expose Jordie's duplicity in that epic tribal. (Not that Simon is any great shakes as a strategist, but he might have fed him intel from the beefpeople.) I mean it's bad for numbers for the Spice Girls, but interesting to think of as a series of falling dominoes. I just can't believe he didn't play his free idol.
That’s a good point! Apart from Jordie being a number, will George really care if he’s gone? I think Liz and Shonee were more personally invested when it came to Jordie. I really hope Liz makes it to merge. I thought George and Hayley would join forces at that stage, but she seems so entrenched with the OG Heroes, I just want to see the Spice Girls Reunion Tour. I think George and Shonee could work their powers of persuasion, and get people voting off the Meat Guys. I really think next time the Heroes are at Tribal, they should get rid of Flick. She seems to be a much bigger threat than Ben.

Sorry to see Jordie go.
He should have played his (well, Shonee's) idol, as :
a) Simon is shady AF
b) the girls were always going to flip back to the meat tray alliance once they were not backed into a corner.

Jordie's judgment isn't great.
I wouldn't have told Nina and Hayley about the idol at all, and I don't think Shonee would have either.

I enjoyed that tribal far more than the "jaw dropping" tribal last week - and as much as I hate idols dominating the game it ultimately came down to Outplay, Outwit, Outdumb.

So Shaun is going to end up with a fake idol

I don't get why he didn't bring his real idol into play, although ultimately I guess the gamble played off.

David and Flick hugged for way too long to go under the radar then. I hope George saw.

All the Shonee and Liz talk in the open too - are they all really so invested in the format they ignore the chatter.

Nah, not his fault for this case; they’ve changed the rules from previous years according to people who’ve worked with the show

View attachment 59531

Ah, that explains things then. I bet they'd change the rules again on the spot though if George needed it.

I actually liked that episode. I am glad that Jordie got voted out with an idol. What a complete tool.

He lost any sympathy I had for him when he sided with George. George the snake actually did something I liked and that was to spill the beans on how Jordie stabbed Simon in the back on multiple occasions... So, nothing lost when his name was read out.

He had the perfect plan, by using two idols to get one of the Heroes meat tray boys out - & then he improved on that by showing the girls both their idols and giving them the choice. If they had have stuck to their plan and used their idols then they would have had Sam out & they would have had Nina & who ever else having to vote with them - so come next tribal, they would have already had some possibility of creating a new voting block.

But, Jordie was greedy. He wanted too much. The implications of which are now decimating for both him (obviously) & Liz, she has only one tribal to save herself with & then she is gone. & yes, like many have said, what a selfish player he was, he didn't even give Liz the idol ... & it wasn't even his really, he didn't actually find it. It was given to him by others to help both him & Liz ... Yet when the shit hits the fan, he keeps it.
Liz should have also whispered to him during the revote, it can't save you now - give it to me..

That cemented it for me, how much I dislike him - he flipped on 'his best mate' to a snake who then laughed when he ratted him out.. & he selfishly keeps an idol when he knows he is about to be voted out.. He is a tosspot & glad to see him OOOOT... :biggrin:

And most importantly, I hate GEORGE... OMG, I almost muted the TV tonight, I can't stand listening to him saying how fabulous he is non stop... Oh please - whem is the Tall Poppy Syndrome gunna kick in & kick him in the teeth out the door. So, we cant have George lovers remaining in the game, they must be exterminated, like the cockroach... & Jordie was a self confessed George Lover :bawling:, so Fuck Off.... :cool:

Thanks for writing what I was thinking. Not quite turned on Jordie myself for joining with George but the fact him leaving weakens George is a silver lining.

Liz and Jordie's best plan would have been to play the idol for Jordie - and for Sam, and then the two of them blindside everyone and take out Shaun. Sam would join them knowing Hayley and Nina (and potentially Simon and David) had turned on him, and they could manipulate Simon easily enough to come back to them. Yes, risks them still being on the outs but better being on the outs than out. And for Jordie it makes great TV.

As for the other main idol switching of the episode - interesting Hayley raised the doubt over if Simon's idol was an idol, but Shaun didn't considering he's seen one. Similarly as Jordie had seen it you'd think once he saw the real one he'd have questioned Simon's idol too.

If it somehow works in getting George out it'll all be worth it though. Kind of glad now it's out of Simon's hands and for now he won't be directly screwed over by it - much better he goes out due to his own confusion and desperation to be Shaun's bitch than through a production decision to make him look stupid. And the way it's been transferred it serves it's new owner right if it doesn't work in the manner they expect.

Last edited:
I love George, but all you anti-Georgers shouldn’t worry too much about favouritism, I don’t think he’s going to win. When he made that comment to Simon about it‘s not about winning, it’s just about playing the game, I believed him. George’s entertainment value brings in the viewers, so he’s probably getting a big enough payday that he really doesn’t have to focus on the win. Clearly, the producers want to keep him in the game as long as possible.

I am now a Simon convert. Part of me still loathes him, but another part loves him. Compared to the boring meat guys he’s really entertaining. He’s like a comic villain who’s actually a hapless loser - he really does remind me of David Brent! It was so funny when he and Stevie were trying to concoct a reason why Stevie should vote for him, and he’s like “because I’m a physical threat” and Stevie’s like “because you’re so bossy”. Haha! And Simon *does not* have a poker face. He’s all over the place, and when you break it down, he’s a loveable idiot. I think now that he’s the underdog amongst The Meats, and he’s had to abandon all his puffed up self-deluded alphaness for bowing and scraping to the big guys, he’s much more endearing. Lord only knows why he idolises players who simply get by pre-merge by performing well at the physical stuff. Where’s the strategy? No wonder Simon hates George so much. I think it’s fear and confusion.

I like and agree with much of your thoughts JimJam!!

-except the David Brent analogy. David Brent is a total idiot & not that likeable, whereas Simon has some kind of innocent charm, he has been arguably the most entertaining villain I would say. Also an improvement over his previous season where correct me if I’m wrong he made some sexist comments.

I like and agree with much of your thoughts JimJam!!

-except the David Brent analogy. David Brent is a total idiot & not that likeable, whereas Simon has some kind of innocent charm, he has been arguably the most entertaining villain I would say. Also an improvement over his previous season where correct me if I’m wrong he made some sexist comments.
I like David Brent! Haha! I can’t recall the sexist comments from Simon…maybe that’s for the best. I’m sure he’s having the sexist stuffing knocked out of him by the strong female players like Hayley, Liz and Shonee! George is also guilty on that score, he called Mimi “sweetheart” in a really condescending derogatory way when she dared to challenge The King, which was disappointing behaviour from someone who should know better. I always wonder how the early evictees would be performing if still in the game, like Mimi and Anjali. It’s a pity we’ll never know.

News.ciom.au article about idol swaps

I'm confused, I found info where you can do it ????

View attachment 59534
Is there an official website about Survivor AU rules? Seems to be a lot stating you can do & others stating you can't??
From what has been said online by various contestants and Shannon on twitter, between S4 and S5 the rule came about where you could pass an idol to someone right before your torch was snuffed (like Kez did to Flick in S6). Then before S7 (blood vs water/last season) the rule was changed back. Now a player cannot pass an idol to someone once the votes have begun being read. By the time Jordie realised he was being blindsided it was too late to give it to Liz. It's not allowed to be passed during initial vote reading, tie voting or anything thereafter. Once Jonathan says he is going to read the votes the only way an idol can be passed on is if the person holding it is not voted out. Otherwise, the idol is as good as an old prop.

I love George, but all you anti-Georgers shouldn’t worry too much about favouritism, I don’t think he’s going to win. When he made that comment to Simon about it‘s not about winning, it’s just about playing the game, I believed him. George’s entertainment value brings in the viewers, so he’s probably getting a big enough payday that he really doesn’t have to focus on the win. Clearly, the producers want to keep him in the game as long as possible.

I am now a Simon convert. Part of me still loathes him, but another part loves him. Compared to the boring meat guys he’s really entertaining. He’s like a comic villain who’s actually a hapless loser - he really does remind me of David Brent! It was so funny when he and Stevie were trying to concoct a reason why Stevie should vote for him, and he’s like “because I’m a physical threat” and Stevie’s like “because you’re so bossy”. Haha! And Simon *does not* have a poker face. He’s all over the place, and when you break it down, he’s a loveable idiot. I think now that he’s the underdog amongst The Meats, and he’s had to abandon all his puffed up self-deluded alphaness for bowing and scraping to the big guys, he’s much more endearing. Lord only knows why he idolises players who simply get by pre-merge by performing well at the physical stuff. Where’s the strategy? No wonder Simon hates George so much. I think it’s fear and confusion.
I hate George as you know.. But I also realise that in this cast of nobody's - the show would be somewhat pedestrian without George stirring the pot.

However I detest seeing him in a powerful position where he continually beats his king sized ego upon his chest... I would prefer to see him scheming as the underdog.

And most importantly I don't want him to win either, I'd love to see him voted out either by:

1. Some elaborate scenario whereby he has orchestrated a blindside & it has spectacularly blown up in his face or/
2, A similar tribal to his one which he almost succeeded in pulling off a great move BUT with him being the collateral damage..

Back