Skip to main content

Survivor Australia 2016!

I never said it was the best ever. Just at that time, way back in 2001 or whatever, there had only been three prior seasons, and this was definitely better than the two immediately prior. Possibly partly because it was the location - on an island again - and also because of the alliances playing out the way they did. I based my earlier comment on my American friends raving about how good it was, and I understand that back then that sentiment was quite widespread. Coming back with the hindsight of a further 30 episodes or whatever to say it was nothing special is a bit rich. Maybe by today's standards, but not, as I have said repeatedly, at the time.

But my point is that that wasn't a widespread sentiment at the time. Borneo and The Australian Outback were national sensations, and the next season that received any sort of widespread critical acclaim was Pearl Islands. Nobody was raving about how the alliances played out because alliances weren't the focus back then. Gameplay never really took the center stage until The Amazon and Pearl Islands. Marquesas was an early enough of a season that the show was all about The Adventure and Surviving. Everything else, including the power shift, was secondary.

Of all those mentioned, Cameron Daddo deserves it the most.

If he could handle all the gimmicks of the cheese-fest that was Pirate Master without giving up; then he deserves a look-in as the host of Australian Survivor.

Would also like to see Grant Bowler if he's not contractually locked to Seven, now that it seems TARAus isn't returning.

Of all those mentioned, Cameron Daddo deserves it the most.

If he could handle all the gimmicks of the cheese-fest that was Pirate Master without giving up; then he deserves a look-in as the host of Australian Survivor.

Would also like to see Grant Bowler if he's not contractually locked to Seven, now that it seems TARAus isn't returning.

Yep, Grant Bowler is a great choice - he has the voice and facial expressions for it - he keeps his cards close to his chest.

Reactions: kxk
Yep, Grant Bowler is a great choice - he has the voice and facial expressions for it - he keeps his cards close to his chest.
Disagree about Grant, not a fan of his hosting style on TARau.... Host needs to be Matt Doran.

Most likely won't be him though :(

There is a video of them doing the "practice run" for the upcoming challenge for the next Survivor episode, and Rove competes in it and wins. Think that is telling of his potential to host the show

The application takes forever lol and for someone like who procrastinates I started it on December 1st and just finished the writing part - Now I needa do the video + photos I also got an email from the "reminding me" to finish it... I didn't need reminding I'm just slow ahah.

I don't know if preferred to actually take a photo for the 'recent' or actually get a photo but all the photos I look good in are with other people

That sounds amazing, if you make it, make sure to write a post, simply with the words:

"I'm going in"

Something simple like that, so we know a BBB member is going :D

Well after Nine's (disastrous) Australian Survivor Seven had a crack with Celebrity Survivor AU, so it's only fitting Ten should give it a go to round out the commercial networks. I think they'll do well. Just as long as Alex M doesn't get anywhere near it.

That other show you mention, however, is dead, buried, cremated.

I have absolutely no memory of australian survivor, maybe thats a good thing!!

Does anyone know how well it rated when it was first on in Australia?
Can't find stats but suffice to say it tanked enough for Nine not to consider a further season. They only produced it under contractual obligations from airing US Survivor, anyway.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...s/news-story/a7eb81e2d24b12dbcf448aca7b13ba44

This is the secret island location where it’s believed Ten will film Australian Survivor in a few months
January 2, 20166:46pm
659f332fdeb694617bb9df2acb8a3d0f

New series ... Ten is filming an Australian version of Survivor in a few months, and it’s expected to be set on a remote island off the coast of Malaysia. Picture: Supplied

Shannon MolloyNews Corp Australia
  • Email a friend
THE secret location where Network Ten will film its version of the hit American reality series Survivor this year is a remote island off the coast of Malaysia, sources say.

Contestants will endure a couple of months of rough living and endurance challenges on Pulau Tiga, west of Sabah in the Kimanis Bay, it’s understood.

The location is the same one used for the very first US season in 2000.

642b7702415ea1201efa37e4e4758d08

Remote location ... the island of Pulau Tiga is off the west coast of Sabah in Malaysia.Source:Supplied

While it will be presented to viewers as a deserted and isolated spot, the island is actually home to a resort, a campsite, restaurant and national park.

Early work is underway on the series — the first Australian instalment since Seven’s celebrity spin-off in 2006, which followed Nine’s adaptation of the format some 13 years ago.

Key production hires have been made, sources reveal, including Trent Pattison who headed up the challenge team on I’m A Celebrity … Get Me Out Of Here! last year.

2e2330fce546f172c71364cf304b2eef

Challenge guru ... Trent Pattison, who has worked on several US seasons of Survivor and I’m A Celebrity ... Get Me Out Of Here! is one of the early production hires for Australian Survivor.Source:Supplied

Pattison has also worked on several seasons of the US version of Survivor.

It’s understood filming will begin sometime in March and run for almost three months. The show will air towards the back end of the year.

Beverley McGarvey, the network’s chief programming officer, said picking a spot used for a previous series was deliberate.

“We’ll end up collecting an island location — most likely a location that has had a series of Survivor shot there before,” she confirmed in a recent interview. “Just because bringing that expertise to the table is really critical.”

d8e5454ecb560112d0eeed43f9de72cd

First season ... a shot of filming of the very first instalment of long-running reality series Survivor in 2000, on the island of Pulau Tiga.Source:News Corp Australia

Expect it to look and feel like the American show — its producers have been enlisted to help make the local version.

“They’re really involved,” McGarvey said.

“We think the purity of the concept is something that will really resonate with Australian audiences.”

I hope not. He is boring.
But...but...but...he is gorgeous! That counts for something. Doesn't it? *crickets*

I actually like the idea of Dr. Chris but for purely selfish reasons. I think he'd be better than Rove, Rove would make it all about himself.

Did I mention Dr. Chris is hot? And already hosts like everything, so why not this too?

But...but...but...he is gorgeous! That counts for something. Doesn't it? *crickets*

I actually like the idea of Dr. Chris but for purely selfish reasons. I think he'd be better than Rove, Rove would make it all about himself.

Did I mention Dr. Chris is hot? And already hosts like everything, so why not this too?

Yes he is on so many shows, I reckon he'll make an appearance , or at least would have been considered. How does he find the time to save all those animals lives I wonder?

Back