Skip to main content

Survivor 41 - Thursdays on 9Go!

I would have to disagree. I find this whole cast unlikeable or mediocre except for Xander.

Eh, if anything I'd say Xander is one of the lesser ones left. He's just a generic white guy who isn't particularly telegenic but is being thrust into a bigger spotlight than he is capable of handling. He hasn't done anything besides fool Liana at the merge TC, and that's quickly turned into a Liana thing with how hilariously obsessed with him she is.

Even in this last episode alone you have the bizarrely fascinating Shan/Ricard dynamic, the Shan/Deshawn dynamic, the Heather/Naseer thing, and even Erika had somewhat of a breakout this week. If anything, Xander was arguably the weak link of last night's episode for me.

Eh, if anything I'd say Xander is one of the lesser ones left. He's just a generic white guy who isn't particularly telegenic but is being thrust into a bigger spotlight than he is capable of handling. He hasn't done anything besides fool Liana at the merge TC, and that's quickly turned into a Liana thing with how hilariously obsessed with him she is.

Even in this last episode alone you have the bizarrely fascinating Shan/Ricard dynamic, the Shan/Deshawn dynamic, the Heather/Naseer thing, and even Erika had somewhat of a breakout this week. If anything, Xander was arguably the weak link of last night's episode for me.

Those players may be featured more but they are either very arrogant or non factors except for Erika. They don't appeal to me. I can't wait for Shan and Liana to go, they are getting on my nerves.

So this is the first season with CBS' 50% POC casting rule in place. Has it hurt casting? I remember in years gone by people were sick of the casting being done on Malibu Beach. They wanted 'real' applicants again. Well, maybe this is what we wished for? Discuss.

I don't think it has hurt casting in a general sense, I like what most characters bring to the show, its the editing that needs to be fixed next. I will say however I don't really want to see every single season become race wars.

So this is the first season with CBS' 50% POC casting rule in place. Has it hurt casting? I remember in years gone by people were sick of the casting being done on Malibu Beach. They wanted 'real' applicants again. Well, maybe this is what we wished for? Discuss.
Again, the cast isn't so much the problem this season as the twists and production are. This would probably be the best season since Kaoh Rong if this cast was left to their own devices rather than being weighed down by idols and advantages and twists.

Again, the cast isn't so much the problem this season as the twists and production are. This would probably be the best season since Kaoh Rong if this cast was left to their own devices rather than being weighed down by idols and advantages and twists.
I have seen people complaining that these contestants are clueless and they don't have anyone to root for. But then, that could be because we barely get to see them interact. Hmm.

Millennials vs Gen X and david vs Goliath were both really good. MvGX didn’t have as many advantages but didn’t have the best winner. But I really annoyed DvG and loved the final 3 and winner. Winners at war was also a good season in the great scheme of things, but kinda sucked seeing all the old schoolers go one by one. The episode where Parvati and Sandra both went back to back was heart breaking. But S41 is somewhat better than most of the recent seasons, I just wish we knew the cast more. So much of the screen time is Jeff explaining the advantages. And I’m gonna preach to the choir here and say I am sick of live tribals. It makes it confusing and makes scrambling at camp pointless. Jeff needs to step in and stop this.

Last edited:
I have seen people complaining that these contestants are clueless and they don't have anyone to root for. But then, that could be because we barely get to see them interact. Hmm.
Probably clueless because rather than having a game to play they have a script to follow.

Another good episode! This cast really is able to shine and create natural, human drama when they aren't bogged down with twists. Sad about the boot but it was a great sendoff for a great player who surely has an invitation locked up to a returning players season.

I wonder how long it's gonna take us to get another female winner since now it looks like we very well might have our seventh male winner in a row? That's kind of a problem but Probst doesn't give a shit sadly.

Another good episode! This cast really is able to shine and create natural, human drama when they aren't bogged down with twists. Sad about the boot but it was a great sendoff for a great player who surely has an invitation locked up to a returning players season.

I wonder how long it's gonna take us to get another female winner since now it looks like we very well might have our seventh male winner in a row? That's kind of a problem but Probst doesn't give a shit sadly.

For me that player made too many social mistakes to be classified as a great player. Also I wouldn't be too sure about a male winner, the editing is making me think that Erika ends up winning in the end.

Last edited:
For me that player made too many social mistakes to be classified as a great player. Also I wouldn't be too sure about a male winner, the editing is making me think that Erika ends up winning in the end.
She shot herself in the foot by revealing the proposed votes of her Black alliance to Ricard. And she calls Deshawn a snake lol. Every single one of them voted for her in the revote! I was happy with this result. She was too controlling and it cost her.

And you could be right about Erika too. Just the shot of her smiling at the end there might be a hint of things to come.

I was pleased to get rid of Shan, who I found too controlling and self-righteous.
Plus I don't think forming alliances based on race is the way forward really, and I'm probably not supposed to say it but if four white people even mentioned such a proposition there'd be a huge outcry (and justifiably).

Oh I'm not saying her game was flawless by any means, but this season has undeniably been Shan's season up until this point and for good reason. She definitely didn't play a winning game, but she pulled off some impressive moves and had a really strong run for a while.

And I've been burned by this show too many times for me to even entertain the idea of a female winner at this point. I'd love to be wrong, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

She shot herself in the foot by revealing the proposed votes of her Black alliance to Ricard.

I mean technically yes, but I totally understand why she wouldn't expect it to blow up in her face. Ricard's whole thought process of "Shan just tipped me off on the fact that people were trying to blindside me....... so now I need to get her out" was bizarre and lame. Not to mention that it's certainly going to blow up in his face because Danny and Deshawn have absolutely no reason to be loyal to him.

Plus I don't think forming alliances based on race is the way forward really, and I'm probably not supposed to say it but if four white people even mentioned such a proposition there'd be a huge outcry (and justifiably).

This show has many alliances that were comprised of only white people and there was never any outcry.

I was pleased to get rid of Shan, who I found too controlling and self-righteous.
Precisely how I feel. I understand why it happened on BBUS this year. But POC players have thrived on Survivor before. Earl and Jeremy are looked at to be two of the better winners, Cirie is a huge fan favourite and is objectively the best player of all time and Vecepia won the show so early on. I don't feel theres a need to make an alliance that is circumstantial, make an alliance based on who you trust and connect with so that it's good for your game. You're 100% right about saying if there was a white alliance there would uproar. For me I'd be annoyed wither way, I don't want to see people working together based on their status, appearance or political situation, I want to see the narrative unfold and see people be voted out due to reasons within the game's meta.

This show has many alliances that were comprised of only white people and there was never any outcry.
Yes but you can't compare a lot of the pre 41 seasons where 80% of players were white. Of course statistically there was going to be alliances that do not include POCs due to there simply not being enough. However for all we know there have been alliances of white people with specific intent but we may have not been shown. Thailand comes to mind with Brian Heidik allegedly saying there cant be a second black winner in a row. But really for the first 30ish seasons of the show alliances were largely made based of tribal lines anyway.

Very controversial twist coming up next week. Its called 'Do or Die'.

Just reading about it on Reddit now:

It's essentially a coin flip.

How it works is that a very, very unlucky player will be forced to play this at tribal council. If they pick right, then they’re still in the game. If they pick wrong, then they’re out of the game. No idols or advantages can save them, even if they have one. Their torch will be immediately snuffed.

The player who will have to play this will be the first person who is out of the immunity challenge.

However, players will have the option of whether or not they want to compete in the immunity challenge

Back