Skip to main content

Survivor 41 - Thursdays on 9Go!

I'm a JD guy, but literally everyone else is so consistent in their portrayal.

Ep 1: "Naseer is weird and overplaying"
Ep 2: "OMG we wuv Naseer"
Ep 3: "lol shutup Naseer ur annoying"

Despite the twist-a-palooza, there were some good little human moments in the last episode, though. Sydney and Tiffany hating each other after like 5 minutes of interaction is a storyline I am 100% here for.

Just reading the Reality Blurred write up it sounds like they've completely screwed things up - if a twist takes a full page of explanation then it's simple not worthwhile.

The worrying thing is that with seasons filmed back to back the Spring season will likely have exactly the same problem.

This season I just so meh. I don't care about any of the cast at all, and there is so much focus on advantages. The game has become who can pocket the most advantages rather than playing the actual social game. Xander is cute and thats as far as my interest goes. What ever happened to having players like Parvati or Cirie pull off huge moves though social manipulation and assessing situations? This has now just become real life monopoly.

Unlikeable people.
If you have to resort to dumpster-diving through people's bags in search of idols you don't deserve any respect.

I keep waiting for someone, anyone, to emerge from the edit who I can finally get behind, but it still hasn't happened.

Twists at the expense of the core format never ends well. It probably won't be a quick axing but a slow lingering decline as fans fall out of love with the show they loved as producers chase a new audience through shock moments and twist upon twist.

I'm a Yank, have gone to two casting calls for BB/Surrvivor & am disgusted w/Survivor 2.0 It's nearlly unwatchable grrr. The good thing is the ratings suck so there is hope
top 20 crazy survivor moments

I watched Survivor SA as it happened. During Covid, I''ve watched all seasons of Survivor AU & NZ. All those formats are better than this woke nuttery..

Australian Survivor has had some lows but it's never managed to be as BORING and filled with uncharismatic people as this current season.
Thats the biggest problem, this cast sucks. No one pops out, no one is really emerging as a huge player. I have no idea what many of the dynamics are because all the airtime goes to explaining the advantages. Just let the contestants create their one strategies and gameplay without needing to throw toys at them.

Twists at the expense of the core format never ends well. It probably won't be a quick axing but a slow lingering decline as fans fall out of love with the show they loved as producers chase a new audience through shock moments and twist upon twist.
Survivor has pretty much been on a decline since Jeff took over as show runner.

Back