Skip to main content

Speculation: Big Brother Australia in 2019?

The thing is Endemol might be merging with ITV in the UK. Possibly the same thing could happen with the Australian counterpart then Big Brother would be part of ITV and guess who would no doubt be chosen as executive producer...

If that doesn't happen he might even quit ITV if there was a chance he could come back to BB. It is his favourite format to work on. The sad thing is the networks seem to be happy with him doing I'm A Celebrity and Love Island. I can't stand what he has done to Celebrity. If BB comes back we need fresh eyes as executive producers and Peter Abbott as a consulting producer. A revival needs to be done properly this time if it has any chance of being a success. A new executive producer is essential.

Ummm get your facts straight before you run your mouth... The ITV deal was not just the UK... It also wasn't a merger as ITV was looking at buying Endemol Shine outright... That said ITV has announced that they have no intentions in moving forward with the deal...

Ummm get your facts straight before you run your mouth... The ITV deal was not just the UK... It also wasn't a merger as ITV was looking at buying Endemol Shine outright... That said ITV has announced that they have no intentions in moving forward with the deal...
There's more about this here.

Endemol Shine, which is jointly owned by 21st Century FOX and private equity firm Apollo Global Management, has been on the block for several months.

I didn't realise this, though. Ugh.

Actually off the back of this, they said there was never any intention of them buying it! Further facts ;)

Mike is teasing on his Instagram post that this Friday night something very exciting will happen in regards to BB.

Last edited:
Yeah looking at his Facebook post it looks like it will be just some kind of reunion with him and Bree on his podcast. I think he is playing us.

Possibly but he's always been super dedicated to BB and the fans. So maybe he might surprise us. Who knows.

@sav0001 It does seem that way... :confused:. Which is by all means fine, just sell it for what it is though.

The front page article mentioned he's had Tim Dormer on his podcast, but he's also had Gretel Killen (29:39 gets a brief mention of Big Brother .. also she's in a band, who knew?) and Sonia Kruger - with the opening clip crediting (I think) @Rison for uploading her autocue slip up to YouTube, hah! :D

Anyway, it seems far too soon for something legitimate coming from Ten as their upfronts aren't until later this month. Perhaps Mike has lined up a podcast interview with an ex-BB producer... which'd tie in with his comment about meeting with said producer. Anything beyond that is just our own speculative discussion at this stage.

Ooh, the main site is looking rather slick - it's as if it is ready for something new ;)

Really think this is nothing more than Goldman trying to hook in listeners to his podcast. Lets face it - the only people we want to listen too looking back at BBAU is Vid and Vibes.

If Big Brother did come back, where do you think the house would be. As the old house is on land owned by that new project or shopping centre, whatever it is, so that's out of the question.
So do you think a network would shop around to another amusement park or go down the UK route?

If Big Brother did come back, where do you think the house would be. As the old house is on land owned by that new project or shopping centre, whatever it is, so that's out of the question.
So do you think a network would shop around to another amusement park or go down the UK route?

I would think that it would be in some kind of studio.

We said the same thing before the last BB rivival... From what I can gather the land where the house sits is more of a long term project and may not be built for years if at all...

Also I canā€™t for the life of me find the reference to the land sale that we had in 2011/12... As the project was delayed several times itā€™s also no doubt gone through some major revisions since then... Maybe the sale fell through? We were never really given a reason as to why Dreamworld was allowed to hold on to the house in the first place considering the land was apparently sold before BB was even announced...

Regardless I think itā€™s time to move on from Dreamworld... If anything itā€™s kind of holding BB back... Dreamworld makes it nessisary to appeal to ā€œkidsā€ and families rather than a more fitting audience...

Back