Skip to main content

Space... the final frontier...

Resolved. He got the other guy to come over and hold the panel back while he reached in for the cable. Phew!

...aw bummer!... I totally missed this... I have NASA Live TV on most days running in the background... I stay up all night sometimes to see a big NASA event such as launches etc and I meant to remind myself that this was on... bugger!... my own stupid fault... even though everything is basically in slow motion in Space I am always still mesmerised regardless... yeah I know... I need to get myself a life eh?... lol!... cheers.

...aw bummer!... I totally missed this... I have NASA Live TV on most days running in the background... I stay up all night sometimes to see a big NASA event such as launches etc and I meant to remind myself that this was on... bugger!... my own stupid fault... even though everything is basically in slow motion in Space I am always still mesmerised regardless... yeah I know... I need to get myself a life eh?... lol!... cheers.

They’re still going, they’ve got some new cameras to install yet. Just got them from the hatch. But they’re on the dark side now, there’s a bit less to see.

I love all the jargon they have to deal with.

They’re still going, they’ve got some new cameras to install yet. Just got them from the hatch. But they’re on the dark side now, there’s a bit less to see.

I love all the jargon they have to deal with.

...yes my friend... I've been watching it since I stumbled onto your post... thanks so much for jogging my memory my friend... much appreciated... aw jeez I'd love to go up to that Space Station and be doing that stuff... I'm always in complete wonderment of it whenever I see it my friend... and... it's always great fun listening to their jargon as you say lol!... cheers.

...speaking of their jargon oddjob... I was watching a Live telecast of a Spacewalk a little while back and something wouldn't work for the Astronaut and he said "aw shoot!... it won't move..."... haha!... they used to say 'shoot' instead of 'shit' back on the Apollo missions way back in the 70's lol!... they must be under strict instructions never to swear I imagine lol!... cheers.

...speaking of their jargon oddjob... I was watching a Live telecast of a Spacewalk a little while back and something wouldn't work for the Astronaut and he said "aw shoot!... it won't move..."... haha!... they used to say 'shoot' instead of 'shit' back on the Apollo missions way back in the 70's lol!... they must be under strict instructions never to swear I imagine lol!... cheers.

I’m always impressed by these guys. Always so focussed and the amount of stuff they must have to remember must be encyclopaedic. And on top of that they have to remember not to swear. :biggrin:

I’m always impressed by these guys. Always so focussed and the amount of stuff they must have to remember must be encyclopaedic. And on top of that they have to remember not to swear. :biggrin:

...this may sound a tad bit 'nerdy' oddjob but when they talk to each other the speech always sounds sort of Robotic and slightly muffled because of obvious reasons but there's no other sound like it to me... they are so methodical in everything that they do because they have practiced the routine a trillion times while on Earth... and as you say... the knowledge that they have to retain is phenomenal...

...one of my favourite missions in the Apollo era was Apollo 13's attempts to get back to Earth alive... it's not so much the story itself but I was fascinated by the way on ground crew had to invent a way from them not dying from their own breath in the capsules on the way home... they had to make some parts of the craft made from duct tape and cardboard and plastic parts of the craft to create Oxygen... they made round things fit into square holes etc...the ingenuity of the ground crew still blows me away till this day...

...and when they spoke to the Spacecraft it was always sounding as I said above... it is such a unique sounding thing to me... I love it... sounds silly I know but that's just me lol!... cheers.

...jeez it must be spooky and hard to do those Spacewalks while on the dark side of the Earth when the Sun is not shining... you would have hardly any idea of where the Space Station ends and Space starts if you get what I mean lol!... cheers.

Reactions: kxk
STARGAZING BUBBLES NSW.........near you Sticky????

transparent-bubble-in-Australia-1.jpg

Australian-bubble-tent-4.jpg

https://matadornetwork.com/read/sleep-stars-translucent-bubble-tents-australia/

gallery-7.jpg

website2-1024x683.jpg

3.jpg

https://www.bubbletentaustralia.com/

In an Australian first, we are introducing a concept which allows you and your special plus one to experience something you’ve never experienced before, sleeping under the stars in a clear and inflatable bubbletent in superior comfort and convenience in the remoteness of the country.

Bubble tent Australia is an off-grid pop-up glamping tent situated on a secluded part of a 1000+ acre working farm and nestled between Lithgow and Mudgee some 200km NW from Sydney. Overlooking the second biggest canyon in the world which doubles as one of the 50 IBA (Important Bird Area) sanctuaries around the globe for bird watching.

STARGAZING BUBBLES NSW.........near you Sticky????

transparent-bubble-in-Australia-1.jpg

Australian-bubble-tent-4.jpg

https://matadornetwork.com/read/sleep-stars-translucent-bubble-tents-australia/

gallery-7.jpg

website2-1024x683.jpg

3.jpg

https://www.bubbletentaustralia.com/

In an Australian first, we are introducing a concept which allows you and your special plus one to experience something you’ve never experienced before, sleeping under the stars in a clear and inflatable bubbletent in superior comfort and convenience in the remoteness of the country.

Bubble tent Australia is an off-grid pop-up glamping tent situated on a secluded part of a 1000+ acre working farm and nestled between Lithgow and Mudgee some 200km NW from Sydney. Overlooking the second biggest canyon in the world which doubles as one of the 50 IBA (Important Bird Area) sanctuaries around the globe for bird watching.

...aw bloody wow!... colour me impressed kxk!... that looks so bloody awesome doesn't it?... that is probably a 2-2 and a half hour drive from where we live... but how cool is it?... I'd hate to think of how much it would cost to stay there lol!... actually... I've just looked it up...

$580.00 per night

Minimum two nights stay

...they are totally booked out so there must be some sort a massive waiting list I imagine?... it's a tad bit pricey because you cannot book in for just one night but what a goldmine of an idea they have there eh?... it's awesome!... thanks for posting it kxk... cheers.

Gorgeous isn't it, I think you would feel a bit like you are in outer space/Doctor world

And that is the most expensive one...the cheaper is $340, then there is $440, $540

Gorgeous isn't it, I think you would feel a bit like you are in outer space/Doctor world

And that is the most expensive one...the cheaper is $340, then there is $440, $540

Oooooooo next new year's eve is available.....what a great way to bring in 2019

...methinks that I would have to sweet talk my sweet darling wife really well into it being that she is not the least interested in the Stars... Space etc but as I said... sweet talk goes a long way lol!... cheers.

So romantic, just the view in the day time is spectacular.......sell it as love bubble:)

...oh wow kxk!... I love your thinking style sweet lady!... and... that might just work!... lol!... and those cheaper options make it a lot easier to sell the idea too lol!... cheers.

WOW

Neutrino ‘ghost particle’ detected in Antarctica leads to huge achievement in astronomy
DETECTED deep beneath the ice, scientists have traced a particle back to a volatile galaxy in an achievement set to improve our knowledge of fundamental physics.

IN A groundbreaking achievement experts say will usher in a new era of astronomy, scientists were able to trace the origins of a ghostly subatomic particle that travelled nearly 4 billion light-years to Earth.

The incredibly high energy particle, called a neutrino but often referred to as a “ghost particle” because they’re so tiny and difficult to observe, was detected on September 22 last year by the IceCube observatory. The remote facility is located in Antarctica and has giant sensors that sit more than a kilometre beneath the ice of the South Pole.

49f2649bf9d0af4b102931552bc52970

The IceCube Neutrino Observatory, near the South Pole, under the stars. Picture: Felipe PedrerosSource:Supplied

For scientists, neutrinos can act like messengers from distant cosmic radiation. They travel at nearly the speed of light, can escape the densest environments like black holes and may be traced back to their source of origin.

Despite the fact that trillions stream through your body every second, they have no electric charge and therefore interact rarely with their surroundings making them really hard to find.

The Antarctic facility detected the neutrino during a rare interaction with an atom below the ice. Scientists were able to trace it back to a galaxy with a supermassive, rapidly spinning black hole at its centre, known as a blazar.

Scientists believe that back when the sun was a lot dimmer and Earth was still forming, the blazar spat out neutrinos and gamma rays towards our planet’s southern pole. And now we’ve managed to trace one back.
997a7981ff3068517f96ee34d800a967

Blazars are a type of active galaxy. In this artistic rendering, a blazar emits both neutrinos and gamma rays that could be detected by the IceCube Neutrino Observatory as well as by other telescopes on Earth and in space. Picture: IceCube/NASASource:Supplied

The achievement involved a team of more than 1000 researchers and was published today in the Journal science.

It heralds the arrival of a new era of astronomy in which researchers can learn about the universe using neutrinos as well as ordinary light, The Washington Post reported.

“Blazars may indeed be one of the long-sought sources of very-high-energy cosmic rays, and hence responsible for a sizeable fraction of the cosmic neutrino flux observed by IceCube,” researchers wrote.
The application of the breakthrough has scientists excited about the potential to improve our understanding of the early universe and fundamental physics.

“This identification launches the new field of high-energy neutrino astronomy, which we expect will yield exciting breakthroughs in our understanding of the universe and fundamental physics, including how and where these ultra-high-energy particles are produced,” Doug Cowen, a founding member of the IceCube collaboration and professor of physics, astronomy and astrophysics, said in a statement.

“For 20 years, one of our dreams as a collaboration was to identify the sources of high-energy cosmic neutrinos, and it looks like we’ve finally done it!”
SEE VIDEO HERE:
https://www.news.com.au/technology/...y/news-story/80e4992cd1c69fc0f1a68ae3b121bd98

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2018/jul/17/astronomers-discover-12-new-moons-orbiting-jupiter

Astronomers describe the twelfth new Jovian moon as an “oddball”. Less than a kilometre wide, the tiny body circles Jupiter on a prograde orbit but at a distance that means it crosses the path of other moons hurtling towards it. Scientists have named the new moon Valetudo after the Roman god Jupiter’s great-granddaughter, the goddess of health and hygiene. But given the impending violence, it may be more than coincidence that Vale Tudo, which translates from Portuguese as “anything goes”, is an early form of full-contact mixed martial arts.

“Valetudo is like driving down the highway on the wrong side of the road,” said Sheppard. “It is moving prograde while all the other objects at a similar distance from Jupiter are moving retrograde. Thus head-on collisions are likely.”

upload_2018-7-18_21-41-47.jpeg

Back