• Welcome to the discussion forums. To get posting, register an account. You can also register with your Facebook or Twitter login.

Space... the final frontier...

oddjob

Battle with monsters, lest ye become a monster
Stargazing 3rd year,FANTASTIC

New space show starting tonight, @Mr Stickyfingers ......plus everyone

The Planets
'A Moment In The Sun: The Terrestrial Planets'
ABC, 7:40pm, Sun, 7 Jul 2019, 60 minutes
NEW SHOW
Trace the development of the four rocky worlds closest to the Sun: Mercury, Venus, Earth and Mars. Born together they battled the unbelievable violence of the early solar system to become stable planets.

Series, United Kingdom, English, Documentary, Season 1 Episode 1
The Planets was good. Worth watching just for the scenery.

oddjob

Battle with monsters, lest ye become a monster
Over 4000 known exoplanets. I can remember when the prevailing wisdom was that we would never know if other stars had planets.

timmydownawell

100% Free. Apply now!
Awesome site donor
Over 4000 known exoplanets. I can remember when the prevailing wisdom was that we would never know if other stars had planets.

Science is awesome. Yep, it's not so long ago that while we didn't have proof there were other planets outside our system, I'm sure most astronomers and astrophysicists believed it was highly unlikely we were the only ones. And likewise, I extend that to intelligent life as well. Given the "dangerous, savage child-race" we are, it's probably best if we never meet them, though. :D

Mr Stickyfingers

an old fart that rants at times...
Awesome site donor

...how naive and concieted has Mankind been in the past in thinking that only Earth would be capable of sustaining Life in the past eh?... great clip odd job... cheers.