Skip to main content

So...Back In 2015?

Apparently they are casting for another Farmer wants a wife series. So I have a feeling that will take place of BB this year.

The total opposite of channel 9
" You can get closer to the housemates then ever before"
" This year we'll deliver the absolute biggest, and best "
" It's everything you love about big brother but one small thing "

Actually it's kinda sad, this could actually work as a promo for BB coming back on Channel 10, but it wont probably :(

The total opposite of channel 9

Actually it's kinda sad, this could actually work as a promo for BB coming back on Channel 10, but it wont probably :(

ACTUALLY this really was the beginning of the end for BB... I was actually in Australia for 2004 and I started posting on BBBA before the site was taken down... So I have lots of first hand knowledge of how things played out...

Other than Uplate launching along side the series I can't really remember there being any additional means being launched that would bring you closer to the HM's... I suppose they had infrared camera's or something like that but I don't believe that actually played in to the overall storyline... Other than something for the renta-audience to oooo and ahhhh about on launch night it really wasn't anything to write home about...

This is such a loaded statement... I remember this series being ripped to shreds by fans from the very beginning... They did give away a million dollars that year but other than that there really wasn't anything overly special that came out of series 4... I mean it was promoted as "back to basics" but even then that was pretty much ditched after the first few days of the series... I can't be bothered to look it up but I'm pretty sure the house was divided in to rich/poor within the first or second week...

A million dollar prize... ZOOOOOOOMMMMMMGGGGGG! The bloody thing was kept a secret until half way through the series!!!! Did it really make an impact the way it was promoted? For me it had no influence on the way the HM's behaved... It had no influence on the way the public voted... It had no impact on nominations... And lastly it had no influence on the way the HM's interacted with each other...

Pretty much the entire Kris Noble era should be a case study on how NOT to promote BB... I mean the excitement level was there but the rest of it fell apart in execution... Certainly a bit more meaty than some of Nines promotion of the show in that each campaign had several layers to it... However at least with Nine they weren't over-hyping the show to the point where the actual show could never live up to the hype...

IMO, the best parts of BB04 were things that were never planned - Merlin's eviction protest and Bree's incorrect eviction. And the things that came out of Ashalea's mouth (A:"What does naive mean?" Merlin:"A little clueless" A:"I LOVE that movie!").

There was much to hate - especially Miriam. Which was basically just promotion for the reality show that was going to air on TEN. I remember that there was a stage where I got so bored I stopped watching for three or four weeks before getting back into it.

IMO, the best parts of BB04 were things that were never planned

This is likely why series 4 is still one of the highest rated series... However on the other hand it was universally panned by fans is that those things that were intended to bring excitement never did...

Sorry but 2004 was personally my favourite series of BBAU. I wouldn't say it was the beginning of the end. 2004 was the best year and had the best housemates.

If I remember right, the secret was revealed on launch night (and because launch night was filmed 24hrs ahead of airing, they filmed Gretel revealing three different reveals so the audience didn't know which it was which until it had aired) but HMs didn't know until halfway through.

BB4 was the beginning of Noble's reign of stunts, but it's one of my favourite overall series because of the dynamics between what I would label the best collective of housemates from any of the Australian series'. Ratings were also solid coming off the back of BB3 being a HUGE ratings pleaser/The Reggie Factor - definitely the peak of Big Brother's popularity.

BB5 sucked arse and Ten's run was all downhill from there imo. The whole young/sexy/single gimmick was a complete turn off and it backfired with Constance/Dean/that other guy etc lying their way in. I mean, what a stupid prerequisite. That series was also the turning point of Gretel becoming a complete sourpuss and the only enjoyable elements were Tim and Vesna and seeing if the twins could execute their task.

It's also worth noting that the promo/marketing styles from ten years ago just wouldn't fly today. Audiences are savvier of what to expect and also more cynical. It's also incredibly hard to keep a "big secret" like that anymore, especially when you put it out there there that there is a "big secret" in the first place. I remember being excited by that BB4 pre-series promo at the time though. Good times.

Does anyone know what the "fake secrets" they revealed on the launch night of BB04 were? I would really like to know.

So getting back on topic, is BB returning in 2015.

Short answer is No for a Normal Show.

Long answer is Possiblely a Celeb Show.

Getting back on topic, do you have a job selling popcorn this year? Or are you at Centrelink with Skye trying to claim your 'cosmetic surgery' as work related expenses? Or have you gone to the 'Darkside' aka Reno Rescue?

Back