Skip to main content

So...Back In 2015?

So the Big Brother Unleashed Facebook page is stating that "Big Brother has been CONFIRMED for 2015" yet fails to identify any sources. And I can't find anything on this. Have I missed something?

That's my guess. A slightly risky move, but by no means the biggest April fools prank out there.

Let's be positive though - they might be taking the chance to test the waters and gauge the reaction and it could be a good sign for it returning later :)

Damn it! I was coming in to start the rumour myself!

I'm staying optimistic, plus channel 9's reno bullshit is going to fail. Everyones sick of see Scott Cam, sick of seeing reno shows ect. It's getting boring and it's going to die. They'll be like, how are we going to get ratings back. Ohhh lets go back to Endemol and revive Big Brother again haha. Anyway my point is, look at the social fan base of big brother. More then then a lot of other reality tv shows, and yes they may have ultimately killed it but fans want more. You can always start fresh after a break again. Look t BB 2012, was a pretty decent start for ratings. Anyway i'm staying positive, its a huge money maker in terms of sponsors and in-house advertising. So if they spend less on the house, go back to old school bb, I reckon it'll stay :). I quietly hope 10 has it in its grips.

I'm staying optimistic, plus channel 9's reno bullshit is going to fail. Everyones sick of see Scott Cam, sick of seeing reno shows ect. It's getting boring and it's going to die. They'll be like, how are we going to get ratings back. Ohhh lets go back to Endemol and revive Big Brother again haha. Anyway my point is, look at the social fan base of big brother. More then then a lot of other reality tv shows, and yes they may have ultimately killed it but fans want more. You can always start fresh after a break again. Look t BB 2012, was a pretty decent start for ratings. Anyway i'm staying positive, its a huge money maker in terms of sponsors and in-house advertising. So if they spend less on the house, go back to old school bb, I reckon it'll stay :). I quietly hope 10 has it in its grips.
What do people see on those shows (i.e. The Block, MKR, MasterChef etc..) anyway? I swear they're so f****** cheesy, repetitive and annoying as f*** after a short while. It's obvious that they're heavily geared and edited with a family audience in mind and why the footage shown is sanitized beyond recognition to cater to that demographic. The whole structure of those shows is so contrived, it is sickening. Can't believe anybody can sit through 2o minutes of watching that dull pap, I know I can't.

At least with Big Brother you're getting real human interactions between people stuck in a house 24/7 who they would normally have to deal with in their regular lives. That makes for interesting viewing because you can't script and fake those human interactions unlike the contestants from the other reality show who get a break from each other and able to present their best 'selves' every time they get together to film the show.

I'm staying optimistic...

For what exactly??? @Goon has already said BB is a no go in 2015... Nine are unlikely to reconsider it for 2016 as well regardless of how there other shows are doing... I've yet to hear any substantial rumblings either way on whether Channel 10 is seriously considering it... Further more I think a move to alternative media would not be suited to a show like BB...

http://www.endemol.com/programme/big-brother

watch the video on this website and if you look on the top of the page who is there Sonia it will be back when who knows but it will be give me time and ill show why i think it will be back.

You're really reaching for it on this one... The fact that obviously someone at Endemol liked that particular picture of Sonia really has nothing to do with whether or not BBAU will be back...

Now please spare us your crackpot theories... Unless you have some real knowledge of the subject and want to avoid a tongue lashing by yours truly you may want to just keep quiet on this one...

As I said above @Goon has already said BBAU will NOT be returning in 2015, nothing substantial has surfaced on the Channel 10 front, and BB is not suited for delivery on alternative media such as Netflix... Any sort of reply beyond factual evidence or insider knowledge is just grasping at straws... BBAU will NOT be returning for the foreseeable future... End of... Now go play in traffic little one...

Last edited:
So here's what I know:

* BB production staff are majority freelancers who have been advised to seek other opportunities where available if they haven't already (some of the QLD staples have been involved in Pirates of the Caribbean 5 for a while and a fair few of the mix have been referred for Reno Rumble). It's a bit of a gypsy-ish industry.
* Nine are viewing BB as a warm format; it hasn't been axed and it's not necessarily dead but it's highly unlikely anything will happen this year.
* If Reno Rumble tanks beyond all measure, the favored plan would be to abbreviate the series, push forward The Block (which shoots several months in advance anyway) and rush BB into pre-prod for Q4. The chances of this are very small but it's considered a relatively practical Plan B.
* Assuming Reno Rumble survives its first series, Nine will assess if, how and where BB fits into their schedule for 2016. This ultimately depends on RR's success as well as the next series of The Block and any new formats that they might consider for '16.
* Nine have not discounted moving BB (or a large portion of the airtime at least) to Gem, but that in itself is not a straight forward concept.

This information comes directly from the mouth of someone who has worked on production during the Nine era. Doubter's gonna doubt but my track record for inside info is good.

Seriously how hard can that be?

You literally have to pay me to sit down and watch that steaming pile of crap. Watching grass grow is more entertaining. Surely it's just old people and children under 10 who enjoy that rubbish?

Tell us how you really feel Con :p

I can't say I was rushing out to watch them before. So weird to think about kids ever watching a renovation show, yet apparently that's their main demo.

So here's what I know:

* BB production staff are majority freelancers who have been advised to seek other opportunities where available if they haven't already (some of the QLD staples have been involved in Pirates of the Caribbean 5 for a while and a fair few of the mix have been referred for Reno Rumble). It's a bit of a gypsy-ish industry.
* Nine are viewing BB as a warm format; it hasn't been axed and it's not necessarily dead but it's highly unlikely anything will happen this year.
* If Reno Rumble tanks beyond all measure, the favored plan would be to abbreviate the series, push forward The Block (which shoots several months in advance anyway) and rush BB into pre-prod for Q4. The chances of this are very small but it's considered a relatively practical Plan B.
* Assuming Reno Rumble survives its first series, Nine will assess if, how and where BB fits into their schedule for 2016. This ultimately depends on RR's success as well as the next series of The Block and any new formats that they might consider for '16.
* Nine have not discounted moving BB (or a large portion of the airtime at least) to Gem, but that in itself is not a straight forward concept.

This information comes directly from the mouth of someone who has worked on production during the Nine era. Doubter's gonna doubt but my track record for inside info is good.

The thing is though the contract with Nine ran out last year with the option to renew it this year. In an interview with the head of programming at Nine back in *I think* late Jan, they said that they would have to make the decision on it very soon (within the next month or so). That time has now passed and I think any negotiations for BB to be back on air on any network now would result in it returning in 2016 at the earliest.

You're really reaching for it on this one... The fact that obviously someone at Endemol liked that particular picture of Sonia really has nothing to do with whether or not BBAU will be back...

Now please spare us your crackpot theories... Unless you have some real knowledge of the subject and want to avoid a tongue lashing by yours truly you may want to just keep quiet on this one...

As I said above @Goon has already said BBAU will NOT be returning in 2015, nothing substantial has surfaced on the Channel 10 front, and BB is not suited for delivery on alternative media such as Netflix... Any sort of reply beyond factual evidence or insider knowledge is just grasping at straws... BBAU will NOT be returning for the foreseeable future... End of... Now go play in traffic little one...
You really are a negative Nancy arn't you kingston! What makes you think you have real knowledge? Lol most things you say are outright risible and quite supercilious. I swear you disagree with everyone haha

The thing is though the contract with Nine ran out last year with the option to renew it this year. In an interview with the head of programming at Nine back in *I think* late Jan, they said that they would have to make the decision on it very soon (within the next month or so). That time has now passed and I think any negotiations for BB to be back on air on any network now would result in it returning in 2016 at the earliest.

I know the interview you're referring to and simple logic would indicate that their need to make a decision was not about a deadline to renew the contract for rights, it was about Nine's need to lock in their program schedule for the year. If Nine were to pay for the rights to air this year do you honestly think Endemol would turn that down? That would be ridiculous business. Plain fact is that no other network is going to pick it up this year - their large-format programming is locked in.

TL;DR BB for 2015 is Nine or bust (almost certainly the latter).

Anyway, all of the armchair analysts around here need to cool down and just wait to see what pans out. No point making (highly) uneducated speculations.

Back