Skip to main content

Sick of Skye

Basically Skye: "What are you all talking about? I don't understand... this is too scary... oh my god! What's going on here? I just can't do this right now... [storms of and talks to the cameras herself] oh, you wanna see strategy, you're going to see strategy now..." etc.

Basically Skye: "What are you all talking about? I don't understand... this is too scary... oh my god! What's going on here? I just can't do this right now... [storms of and talks to the cameras herself] oh, you wanna see strategy, you're going to see strategy now..." etc.

Truth bomb

tumblr_lf3tgkjVQX1qevvk7.gif

Her behaviour on last night's episode was a result of the other housemate's suspicions of her putting on a dumb act being confirmed by that video, so subsequently her defences were way up. Playing the innocuous, innocent bimbo is a good way to win people over and provide a thick smokescreen to your real intelligence and motives, not just to people in the house, but also the public, and judging by her popularity and reactions both online and in the votes, it's working.

David’s “Strategy Skye” comment made her go into damage control; she responded by going to the stairs with Jason and Cat in tow, and turning on the waterworks. Sandra, David, and Ryan coming over throwing their 2 cents in made her very uncomfortable with the additional attention she was getting as a result, especially with Ryan trying to discuss her comments about him in the video, and also trying to find a middle ground. She double downs by doing everything she could to avoid having a conversation, and telling him to “fuck off” among other things, which just exacerbated the whole thing even more and highlighted her cracking veneer. She then triple downs trying to misdirect by putting the spotlight on Sandra and her behaviour in regards to being nominated, which made her look like a massive bitch, as well as exposing herself even more. She came off looking pretty bad here.

As much as I dislike him, good on Ryan for persevering anyway despite Skye’s little tantrums, and he’s pretty much nailed her; “A spoilt brat who gets everything she wants”. She’s no doubt been doing this act long before she entered the house, so she’s pretty much got it down.

I think Sky has become up herself a lot as the show has progressed.

She has become somewhat of an expert in how people should act towards others and gained an enormous head for thinking she is the front runner to win BB all because she got a loud crowd when crossing over Sonya. Its taken over her original personality which we all thought was cute and innocent (dumb and daddys girl to others).

I think she has a good heart, but the game and the confines of the house are getting her to behave differently. After all she is still only 20

Well thats my take on it

You’re right about her putting big tickets on herself, and the letter she wrote betrays exactly that. She said "When I win Big Brother, me, you and my sister are going to get on a plane to the destination of our choosing." (paraphrased). She didn't say "If", she said "When". She thinks she's already got it in the bag, which up to this point, she may very well have had. The question now is do the public want to reward someone for “playing the game”, or do they want someone who also has genuine qualities?

Honourable mention to Priya by playing on her insecurities at that moment by lighting that little fire in regards to Leo. More of that, please.

Both ryan and company and Skye annoy me in this fight... Skye for being unable to hold a conversation without an "OMGOOOOWD" interjections and Ryan and Co for framing everything skye says and does as typical for a "blonde bimbo."

Sandra pissed me off the most in the aftermath when she tore down skye just to be one of the boys. She's not an individual at all. Hence why she was shattered when Same left- she has no identity to fall back on

I think Skye is right on about one thing- Sandra overreacting to being nominated. She acts like such a toughy but when push comes to shove, Sandra is a blubbering mess.

I mean look at Trav or Priya- They've been nominated many more times than Sandra you don't see them being defeatists. Sandra has said multiple times that she wants to leave, she doesn't want to be in the house, she hopes its her on eviction night.

It's like... don't apply

Back