Skip to main content

Show your gift

peter-sheppley-deltakash.jpg

Pencils and inks by Clayton Barton, colours by me.

dghlv6y-46288b41-0ad8-4714-892c-996fb32e3a91.jpg

pencils by Clayton Barton, colours by me
Colouring that Delta Kash pic earlier last week was so much fun I asked Clay if I can do this one as well

Ghost in the Shell

peter-sheppley-gits2023-devgear.jpg

pencils by Paolo Pantalena, inks by James Goodwin (devgear), colours by me

A deliberate twin in collour scheme to this previous one:

peter-sheppley-ghostintheshell.jpg

peter-sheppley-violator.jpg

Spawn - Violator

pencils by Andrey Lunatik, inks by Jimmy Reyes, colours by me

Not for the competition (#spawnuary), but I've had the lines to this one sitting on my hDD for a few years now.

peter-sheppley-oniba.jpg

Oniba

Pencils by Paolo Pantalena, inks by James Goodwin, fan colours by me.

February 10th 2024 is Chinese New Year and it's the Year of the Dragon 🙂

peter-sheppley-animegirl.jpg

Anime Girl
Pencils and inks by Clayton Barton, commission colours by me.

So, you 've always wanted to know how I colour stuff? (Lots of you have asked over the years...!) Today I spent 3.5 hours colouring this picture for Clayton's "How to Draw Comics" and we recorded the whole process via Streamyard.

The video process will be available to buy and download on his website in the next day or so --> https://www.howtodrawcomics.net/

Alia_NewIntro_02_Pg01_BW2.jpeg

Exo - Nautilus: Prologue page 1

pencils and inks by Philip Hew, commission colours by me.

SURPRISE! SHOCK!! HORROR!!! - Sean does sequential pages!!!!

C/O Andrew wants a couple of prologue pages for his graphic novel story so this is the first of them.
West Aussies may recognise the opening panel as Fremantle
😛
🙂
. I've even added the Dingo Flour sign (admittedly in the wrong spot but hey... 'context'..!!...)

peter-sheppley-exo-nautilus-prologue-page-2-by-petersheppley-dgxzyjk-fullview.jpg
1708856394252.gif

Page 2 of the prologue to the (now) 60 page graphic novel I've been working on the for the past 18 months

pencils and inks by Philip Hew

dgzl6wq-4b9a3fc2-22cf-49e2-aa0f-a5f26ef66778.jpg

Madam Mirage

pencils by Ken Rocafort, inks by James Goodwin, fan colours by me.

I simply love this character (and wish KR would draw more...) so when James inked this one off a low res copy, I simply savored the time to colour it, not trying to do anything fancy or wildly different from the published cover colours. Just enjoying the moment.

I have 3 others of MM that I've coloured in past years (all drawn by KR and James) and have them framed on my walls around the house.

peter-sheppley-tombraider-blake2024.jpg
1709558483221.gif
Tombraider

Pencils and inks by Nelson Blake II, colours by me

7 YEARS in the making!!!

I've been colouring this one on and off for over 7 years now, doing a little bit in between other pictures as time and could-I-be-bothered-ness allowed. So yeah, the quality of the colouring suffers for the inconsistency but I left the previously coloured bits in as they were to avoid having to re-do them, even though I could do those parts better now. I wonder if you can tell which bits they are??

peter-sheppley-madame-mirage2024-2.jpg

Madame Mirage

pencils by Ken Rocafort, inks by James Goodwin, colours by me.

I think this was a commission pic as I can't find it coloured otherwise anywhere.

Anyway, there I was flatting away at a Michael Turner picture and James comes up with this one, and I just couldn't concentrate on the MT pic until I'd gotten this one out of my system.

peter-sheppley-poison-ivy-2024.jpg

Poison Ivy

pencils and inks by Eric McConnell, commission colours by me

I'm definitely a "Poison Ivy has green skin" kinda guy.

peter-sheppley-zara-djinn-hunter.jpg
1711114543248.gif

pencils and inks by Caio Marcus, commission colours by me (2022)

This is a cover I coloured almost 2 years ago. So far it's gone unused and I've lost faith that it ever will be.

spiderman_by_petersheppley_dh46mc4-375w-2x.jpg

Pencils by David Nakayama, inks by 'Martin', fan colours by me.

I'm not a huge Spiderman fan so I don't do him very often. Last time was 4 years ago. I find I can never seem to get the reds and blues of the costume just right. But this 'll do for now.

Back