Skip to main content

Sandra on making something out of nothing

I still think Sandra seems to write like CAMERASHY did. (Huge Disclaimer: Note that I actually have seen VERY LITTLE ACTUAL FOOTAGE - o/s with very random internet access).

I've got to say, that in the early weeks, there did seem to be a bit of "wiping the floor with Dave" going on.

Reality is, we'll never know exactly what was said/done in every moment in the house, and even the HM's own recollection of events can vary from one person to the next - it's human nature.

But that's why the way NINE handle the show gives me the s**ts. We're supposed to be able to see SO MUCH MORE than we are so that WE can be better informed about what really goes on in there. /rant

I definitely FELT David was being bullied and heavily put down...
I'm relatively certain he felt it - and his comment to Skye way back when, along with his said upset over Sandra being miserable with him - he was surely feeling like a doormat?
You don't have to be a Dave fan to see he was completely ostracised and feeling a doormat.

In another thread I said I've learnt what we see about ourselves is not necessarily how other people see it - I expect Sandra never thought herself a bully; but the reality probably is that universally disliking and ridiculing in a group an outsider becomes bullying... especially in an enclosed group...

Sandra is simply trying to save her reputation. She's been forgotten about, and she's probably cut that the only media mention of her of late was somewhat scathing.

You only have to watch the eviction episodes when David gets saved to see how he was treated. He lingers around the sidelines everyone ignoring him, and congratulating each other. It was awkward and sort of horrible to watch happening before your eyes. It's something I started to look for and it happened a lot. He was ostracised by the majority of people in that house for at least half the game. I noticed things only changed when Leo came in, and he seemed to give David some support.

Sandra is simply trying to save her reputation. She's been forgotten about, and she's probably cut that the only media mention of her of late was somewhat scathing.

You only have to watch the eviction episodes when David gets saved to see how he was treated. He lingers around the sidelines everyone ignoring him, and congratulating each other. It was awkward and sort of horrible to watch happening before your eyes. It's something I started to look for and it happened a lot. He was ostracised by the majority of people in that house for at least half the game. I noticed things only changed when Leo came in, and he seemed to give David some support.
It was also after Lisa and Sandra left that David seemed to become more ingrained in the BB family.

During the early days there was a high school mentality to the groups.

It was also after Lisa and Sandra left that David seemed to become more ingrained in the BB family.

During the early days there was a high school mentality to the groups.

It's funny how we talk about it this way - 'high school', I mean - at high school the most aggressive people don't get weeded out; if you're in with people who collectively take a dislike (kind phrasing), they don't get weeded out by a consensus of people's representatives... You're seriously stuck with them for umpty years... the nastiness accumulating... the derision becoming fact... No justice of outsiders deciding it's unfair or cruel...

No wonder gay people suffer so horribly in adolescence...

Big Brother is high school with (external) popular voting out - maybe high school should adopt this...?! :)

Just one big h school of attractive, vain, casually nasty types... :p

And THEN.....

They film it...!! :eek:

Sandra cracked - we've all seen it before (personally, I look forward to it, even though I don't like to see people hurt)(I don't!) (but oh gosh I freaking love seeing people implode on BB - makes me feel I'm a Good Person :p ) (bb has taught me I'm not! When will I learn.?!)(but I figure I can rationalise most nommed... but maybe that would be the final straw.. :( )

But I always know it's comin'... Watch BB bruthas! Someone always Cracks, and they're (sadly - I'm not a Monster) the first ones out..!! Have you never watched..?! Probably stay away from auditions... unless you're handpicked.. :p

It's such a relief every year that the first one out is either no use to us, and/or have never watched BB ever...!

Has anyone ever seen a first-to-go who could've gone even half-way..??

Ok I lost focus... Sandritis.. never to be reffed again (unless.... @Consuela..?)

Sandra had great potential. Probably super lovely, and I don't say that sarcastically - she wasn't IT for the BB experience, but IRL I think she's probably an awesome person.

Some people - me even :p - fall in with the popular crowd, and we participate in things we regret... (Or fall in, don't regret, love to the bits the taken guy,defend him till the end, serve burgers in Wagga).

There's No Way it wasn't worth it Sandra.!

LOL for some reason it didn't let me keep write. Writing! Travis is in the house. This is not he.

But to finish: it was worth it, Sandra. Sam is ok, lots of good points (to be fair). Never going to leave his gf; but that's part of why you love im. Right?

You weren't the worst... You also - perhaps inadvertently -made someone feel desperately awful.. It happens... It's on TV though... so perhaps shed your Sam defence and show some regret over how things accidentally turned out.. Saying Dave is The Best later on doesn't actually count if you deny you were an enthusiastic part of him feeling friendless (you remember - before you were most-nommed?)

LOL for some reason it didn't let me keep write. Writing! Travis is in the house. This is not he.

But to finish: it was worth it, Sandra. Sam is ok, lots of good points (to be fair). Never going to leave his gf; but that's part of why you love im. Right?

You weren't the worst... You also - perhaps inadvertently -made someone feel desperately awful.. It happens... It's on TV though... so perhaps shed your Sam defence and show some regret over how things accidentally turned out.. Saying Dave is The Best later on doesn't actually count if you deny you were an enthusiastic part of him feeling friendless (you remember - before you were most-nommed?)

I think Sam and his GF actually broke up 2-3 weeks ago?

Back