Skip to main content

Sandra and Her Inner Goddess

I like her. She fits under "adorkable".

I was put off when brought up Justin Bieber as one of her least favourite things. I don't know, it just seemed random? She's 30, who cares about teenyboppers and whether you like them or not? It was so irrelevant.

And hating on that kid is so 2010 anyway...

When I saw her she immediately reminded me of someone mentally unstable and then I realised who she reminded me of

Libby from lost!

anyway ..

9xQCEpg.jpg

For all of my STANdra's

resizer.aspx

It's all about the bass for 30-year-old budding erotic fictionist and underwear oracle Sandra.

A self-confessed ‘good old-fashioned country girl’, Sandra recently relocated from Brisbane to Wagga Wagga to be close to her parents and inadvertently ended up back living with them.

She admits to being one of the boys (just don’t call her ‘mate’), spends her days ‘trunk-fitting’ as a manager for underwear mega-brand Bonds, and has an unquenchable thirst for knowledge.

She’s single too, and not averse to a romantic rendezvous in the Big Brother House!

On living with her parents at 30:
I like to describe my parents as housemates who are just really interested in what time I’m going to be home every day… Weirdly, obsessively into what I do all the time. I’m like, ‘Ugh, get off my back guys, we’re just friends!’

On writing erotic fiction:
If I wanted to write a serious in-depth novel, I’d actually have to be quite talented at writing, whereas I can just churn out tawdry trash and get a book deal. Mine isn’t racy, mine’s like… I’m going to say PG-rated in the erotic novel genre.

On growing into herself:
I was a very ugly child so I had to develop a personality at a young age.

On conquering her fears:
If there are things about me that I don’t like or things that I’m scared of or things that I don’t like doing, I’ll keep doing them over and over again until they become normal.

On her curls:
I’m not high maintenance, but my hair is … when I do it. When I don’t do it I just chuck a beanie on and it’s fine, but when I wake up in the morning I look like a freak.

On feeling the feels:
I feel like I think more deeply about things than the average person ... I like to think that I’ve got quite a bit of insight when it comes to how I live my life, and dealing with things that have happened to me and processing things like that.

On being a serial student:
I did a year of psychology, I did a year-and-a-half of arts, and then I actually finished a degree in pharmaceutical science. And I did a year of physio ... I’ve got another, well hopefully another, good 50 years on this Earth; why shouldn’t I keep learning and bettering myself and keeping my brain active? So, yeah, go the uni degrees! I’m gonna do six more.

On living dangerously:
I once thought that someone was following me home from school in their car, and I pretended that the house I was walking past at the time was actually my house. I walked up the driveway, onto the porch and opened the front door. I turned around and the car was actually waiting to turn into the driveway because it was their house.

On the L-word:
A lot of people probably say that I’m unlucky in love, but I probably wouldn’t say that I’m unlucky, because I’m the one that chooses to date jerks – no, they’re not all jerks. But yeah, I make bad choices.

On her personal creed:
There’s a quote that I always think about, and it says, ‘You are far more than words like pretty or skinny, you are a fiery heart and a wicked brain and your soul shoudln’t be defined by its shell.’ I like to think that’s what I stick to these days.

Loved that the producers (and Sonia) were not scared to mention her passion for erotic novels.

Feels like we are getting a bit more grown up BB than the previous 2 years.

Anyway Sandra seems like a loveable dork. Just like me!!!! :thumbsup:

While reading the comments from the barely there people on fb, a few people commented that Sandra was their boss or they worked with her and that they think she's awesome and is truly in with a shot. Of course some of these comments have been deleted now but a few remain.

Back