Skip to main content

Ryan never applied?

The whole idea of BB being a social experiment was really strong right in its first seasons, in the early 2000s. But with its new incarnation on channel 9, it's moved far from that original idea (as has BBUK). But that's fine. It's totally reasonable to expect a TV show will have evolved over 13 years. But I don't like that the show keeps on with the line about it being a social experiment. What does the "experiment" prove? Put fit 20-somethings in a confined space with alcohol and they'll eventually hook up? Sounds legit. Where's my Ph.D?
You're right, it's gone far beyond the original concept. Even the rules they had in place for housemates have gone out the window.

Can anyone who has auditioned for Big Brother or another show say whether you're asked on the forms about your details being passed on to other shows?

I guess it's like a job interview where you keep the details "on file" - if someone is remembered from one casting process they might be invited to a later campaign.

Can anyone who has auditioned for Big Brother or another show say whether you're asked on the forms about your details being passed on to other shows?

I don't think there was anything like that on the form, though it did ask about any possible prior TV appearances. It might be a thing tucked away in the terms and conditions though.

Edit: Actually, I just found a copy of the form and there's this part that says:
I understand that the Producer is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 in respect of my personal information provided in this application. I understand that the Producer collects my personal information for the primary purpose of selecting participants for the Program and use in the production of Program and may share my personal information with the Producer’s related companies and with the broadcaster of the Program, the Nine Network, for this purpose and I consent to this use. I agree that the Producer may retain my personal information as part of a record of individuals who have applied to be participants in the Program and use it to contact me to inquire whether I wish to appear as a participant on the Program and unless I have opted out any other television programs intended to be produced by the Producer and to send me information and offers about those programs.

I acknowledge that I may update or request access to the personal information that has been provided by me in this application by emailing [email protected] with my name, telephone number and email address.

So yeah, I guess they can "shop you around."

She just says he didn't apply but not that he didn't audition, I wouldn't read too much into this one, he was definitely at the auditions, but perhaps that was just for show.

Years ago a friend of mine applied for that Australian Princess show (anyone remember that?) but was then referred onto ANTM and made to go through the casting process before being selected but then bowing out due to the effed up contract that was basically selling your soul. So, it happens.

I don't think there was anything like that on the form, though it did ask about any possible prior TV appearances. It might be a thing tucked away in the terms and conditions though.

Edit: Actually, I just found a copy of the form and there's this part that says:

So yeah, I guess they can "shop you around."
Thanks - thought it might be the case. Considering casting has almost become an industry in itself it's no surprise they use these tactics.

Also note 'Leo' has already been on a reality show (come date with me) and yes he was just as annoying!!

As well as working with Sam from 2011 BB

He must have an agent!

So he shouldn't win then. Who is voting for him? this just seems like a big joke. Oh sit in a house and we will get you over the line buddy! If he was on The Block this year he would come home with less than BB.

Unfortunately this is quite common in America & it appears as though BBAUS/Alex has decided to adopt & implement this method for BBAUS 2014. Majority of reality TV show contestants then become "scouts" for the show (exactly like the Tully/Lisa situation) personally hand picking contestants to appear on the show. I personally would like to see "real" people in the house...that means people without a public profile prior to entering the house, that means no modelling portfolio, no IMDB credits, no appearances on other reality TV shows & most of all, NO links to past HMs. Otherwise, all the BB executive producers are doing is producing a D-Grade soapie (similar to what we're getting in 2014).

The media called the final 2 on day one of the season, Travis and Ryan in the final 3. Then a short time later they added Skye into the final 3.

Back