Skip to main content

RUOK today, housemates hate getting over the top

Considering this forum is lenient when it comes to bans, you having a account for 8 years also says nothing. Keep trying though.
New management is soft ;) it was ruthless when this forum was the alternative, rather than the main.

BB has a duty to show Tully and Drew getting it on. They can't just ignore it, that's not in the spirit of the show, nor would it increase viewers.

But Alex still has a right to an opinion as a fan of the show, just like everyone else.

She's whiny, codependent, naive, and has a low tolerance threshold due to the confined space of the BB house. She's also cheating.

For most, when she cheated that's where the gloves came off and anything goes.

I'm still not entirely sure why people are getting so worked up about the cheating stuff. I mean, yeah its a dog act. But really, really it's not that big a deal. Obviously if you actually knew Tully it would be upsetting. But i cant understand why fans of the show are being so outraged by it?
It's not the first time people have cheated on people in the house...

Wow he edited this, and now he's scared???!!!And blames the weirdo world he presented this too??!!!

Personally I'm finding BB unappealing, and uncomfortable at times to watch - so I stopped bothering with the clips and scripts we are fed called live updates.

And the shows, I kind of watch, but distracted doing something else - and I find the something other is usually more interesting.

Tully is repulsive to watch - just like watching anything sick/self destructing whatever it is, they need to get her out somehow and it sounds like Alex is scared.
I don't hate her or anyone, she's just something I don't want to see, I don't want to watch a sad girl wrecking herself.

He's actually not a cartoon villain believe it or not.

I've met the guy in person - he's as passionate about the show and getting it to work as the rest of us, and shock horror - he actually does give two shits about the housemates as human beings.

funny_by_ce3design-d5d2mf2.jpg

The simplest way to solve the problem: "Tully, stop acting so F##KING SELFISH!!!!"

Or: "It's time to go Tully!"

And we are done!

I'm still not entirely sure why people are getting so worked up about the cheating stuff. I mean, yeah its a dog act. But really, really it's not that big a deal. Obviously if you actually knew Tully it would be upsetting. But i cant understand why fans of the show are being so outraged by it?

I don't like it as 'Drully' is toxic. I like Tully and voted for her every week until she started leeching drew. Drew is my fave guy in there when he's with jade or Tim. He makes great stuff with both of them, whilst having Tully leech from him is just painful.

Well Alex I took an instant dislike to this member of your core three, nothing to do with the cheating that just became the icing on the cake for me.

Can I suggest that maybe your creation of a family friendly show aimed at bloody teeny boppers is the main reason for the psycho comments? Do we really need to take semi-literate facebook and twitter comments seriously? I think not.

Agree with all the others here saying you made your bed now you can lie in it.

He seems to be the same sort of super fan as Tully i.e. one who has absolutely no f-ing clue how to run the game and what the fans actually want. I'd love to know if he did actually think that the audience would see Tully completely different to what we have, talk about a giant backfire

I'm very pleased to see Alex taking this stance against the vile subhuman scum who set up hate pages. I'm not even a fan of Tully, and I would certainly find it very difficult to tolerate her in real life, but I can't imagine what could ever drive someone to create a hate page and fill it with comments more deserving of war criminals than reality TV show contestants.

People just see her as a week target and after that they're unstoppable. Most of them just use the Drew thing as an excuse for their evil behavior. After all, we must never forget that the hate for Tully started because of her heinous crime of crying too much! The pack sniffed her out as a weak target from the start, just like they did with Estelle last year when they saw she was least popular among the group.

Last edited:
WOW….I just checked out the ‘I hate Tully FB page ….man it’s disturbing…and it’s only a couple of thousand off 50,000 likes…..and even though I didn’t fully understand Tahlia’s tweet about Tully stuffing up and not deserving the hate on FB and Twitter…I certainly can now.

I won’t pretend that at any time I found Tully in any way endearing and yep questioned her mental/emotional state…and her moral compass is a little wonky…..and felt indignation by her behaviour and then checking out that FB page put my indignation for her into perspective….the comments in there are horrendous…..and only after spending about 5 mins reading, I felt shame.

I might have to leave off BB for a while…..I can’t even put into words how sickening this whole situation has become….I don’t think the producers have handled this well and it’s only going to get worse ……for ALL concerned…..it’s getting to the point where it’s completely out of control and as a consequence the show won’t return next year….which makes me sad…I love Big Brother in it’s purest form..

WOW….I just checked out the ‘I hate Tully FB page ….man it’s disturbing…and it’s only a couple of thousand off 50,000 likes…..and even though I didn’t fully understand Tahlia’s tweet about Tully stuffing up and not deserving the hate on FB and Twitter…I certainly can now.

I won’t pretend that at any time I found Tully in any way endearing and yep questioned her mental/emotional state…and her moral compass is a little wonky…..and felt indignation by her behaviour and then checking out that FB page put my indignation for her into perspective….the comments in there are horrendous…..and only after spending about 5 mins reading, I felt shame.

I might have to leave off BB for a while…..I can’t even put into words how sickening this whole situation has become….I don’t think the producers have handled this well and it’s only going to get worse ……for ALL concerned…..it’s getting to the point where it’s completely out of control and as a consequence the show won’t return next year….which makes me sad…I love Big Brother in it’s purest form..

I don't really see how else the producers could have handled it. Sure, they've probably shown a disproportionate amount of footage from when Tully is angry or sad as opposed to happy, but that's just the way a show like Big Brother always works. If a housemate cries or snaps at someone, it will almost certainly make the daily show. If this results in Tully coming across negatively, then that's fair enough. The problem isn't that Tully is unpopular. The problem relates to the way in which people choose to express their dislike of her.

People might argue that it's all Big Brother's fault for putting Tully in the house to begin with, but BB needs characters like Tully who divide opinion and inspire strong reactions. Strong reactions are good, but hatred isn't (unless a housemate has engaged in a similar level of maliciousness as the vultures on Facebook, because that shit is worthy of hatred). The pricks on Facebook will always find a housemate to vilify. Unfortunately, we can't modify Big Brother to avoid this sort of thing from happening. Sonia has already asked people to be restrained in their condemnation of Tully, pointing out that the house is a unique environment, and this week's Confidential ran an entire segment which said the same thing.

The problem relates to the way in which people choose to express their dislike of her.

This is exactly the problem, there is no reason to even like Tully but some the things being said about her and what people would like to see happen to her are outrageous.

They could have changed the voting to evict! She would have been gone by now. People have got frustrated (not that it justifies the behaviour) because they didnt want her on the show and couldnt vote her off.
The longer she is in there the worse the situation has become. I realise they lose their bigger characters etc. But is that more important than a persons welfare and Im not a fan. I dont think she should have been in there in the first place.

It is not so much the cheating that gets to me, is the fact that she knows it is on tv for the world to see and that she thinks her gf will understand and be ok with it because she is an " affectionate person". Please if seeing them kissing and swapping mouth wash in each other's mouth and saying I love you makes my blood boils how will her gf of 2 years feel?? If she wants to cheat or end their relationship either way is not a big deal but to do it so publicly and saying they are not doing anything wrong is a bit much to take.

tumblr_mgnz1xFAui1qeo7wdo1_500.jpg

missny-frustrated.gif

Oh no, someone went out of their way to put themselves up for complete JUDGEMENT by the public-at-large might read some nasty things about her.

I know some special consideration must be taken for Tully given how she's a SIDE GLANCE away from a COMPLETE MELTDOWN, but she's an adult whose behaviour in general is nothing short of ASTONISHINGLY C*NTY to everybody around her. She deserves to read the "hate" and we can only hope that it'll lead to some sort of PERSONAL ENLIGHTENMENT because as far as I'm concerned regarding Tully right now, the only possible way is UP.

missny-eyerollchamp.gif

Yeah I can't say I have a problem at all with the hate Tully is getting. She made her own bed.

Hey, here's a thought. If you don't want to be hated, don't be a shitty person.

Back