Skip to main content

Royal Watch

Like everyone else, I don't know what kind of surgery the Princess of Wales had.
But of all the types of surgery people are taking guesses at, it sure would explain a lot more than the others.
Hysterectomy still seems to be at the top of everyone's list... which is absurd now that the situation has carried on this long. If that were true the hospital stay would not have been as long, and her husband would not have needed to bow out of royal engagements for a significant period of time. At the very least, there would be a video message from her looking alive and well by now (which would go a long way toward shutting down some of the sillier rumours). Hysterectomy is a surgery women generally recover well from these days. If that was the surgery she had, even if she chose not to disclose it, there would be a lot less drama than this right now.

Here are all the reasons why organ transplant entered my mind:

1. If you're the Princess of Wales, you don't have to sit on a waiting list for surgery. We haven't seen her since Christmas, so it's likely that the precipitating medical event happened then. Why the delay? Because even if you're so important that you're a shoo-in at any hospital in the country, there still has to be a compatible organ available, and that's what she was waiting for.

2. They keep calling this "planned surgery" yet her transition to hospital seemed abrupt, as though it's not something the palace was expecting at that moment. That would be because while an organ transplant is planned, the timing is dictated by when you get told "A compatible kidney (for example) has become available... let's roll". So that's the point at which they whisked her off.

3. Length of hospital stay for a kidney transplant (again, just as an example) is 1 to 4 weeks. She was in there for two. That would be about right for such a surgery. Even if things got more complicated and she would have been a candidate to stay the full 4 weeks, considering how well they can equip and the royal residences, she could continue hospital-level care at home.

4. We have not even seen proof of life in all this time. This is very strange for the Royal family. The Queen was on her feet smiling and meeting a Prime Minister a couple days before she passed. The King has ensured that he has been seen despite cancer treatment (those glimpses might have been limited, but they have happened for a reason). Kate's total absence from view is not how they roll. Something as simple as a smile and wave from a window, or as I said before, a video message thanking her well-wishers, is all it would take to shut down a lot of rumours. If she's not even doing that, she either physically can't, or she does not look at all like herself right now. If it were an organ transplant, she would be on immunosuppressant drugs to prevent rejection. Those medications are big guns and can be not so pretty, and she may not want to face the world while on them.

5. With regard to all the secrecy... an organ transplant would have involved another family as well, one that is bereaved. It could be their privacy that they're protecting.

6. Prince William skipping out of King Constantine's funeral without a thorough explanation isn't just a little bit notable, it's very, very strange. I'm so annoyed when the more uppity royal commentators try to brush past that. We're not stupid, so they shouldn't treat us like we are. There's only one thing that would have pulled William away from that funeral, and that's an emergency involving an immediate family member. It can be a rocky road to recovery after transplant surgery, and when things take a turn it can all happen pretty fast. There must have been a moment that day when the concerns around her health became dire.

So there you go, there's my reasoning. I would not bet on me being right at all! There are other surgeries that I think could fit the bill, but the ones that are getting bandied about the most on the rumour mill are mostly ones I wouldn't consider.
And I don't feel guilty for speculating. They have created a void so deep around Kate's situation that you could throw a boulder into it and not hear it hit the bottom.
Oh good work Coppelia! That‘s an angle that hadn‘t entered my head nor have I seen anyone else speculating on it.

The only issue I have with that idea is that Kate generally seemed so very healthy and also fairly sporty.

But it‘s definitely all very intriguing. If you are into intrigue. Which I guess I am!

@Mooseface Yeah, we weren't expecting her to be hit with anything like this, but awful medical events still happen to fit and healthy people. It sounds like despite her fairly healthy lifestyle, she's had a bit of bad luck recently.

@Mooseface and @Cowie Have you seen the news reports today saying that the latest image of the Princess of Wales, released by the Palace no less, has been pulled from mainstream media publications because it's a manipulated image?

It's been determined that it was manipulated at the source. The hands are all wrong (they look very AI-ish), the Princess is not wearing a wedding ring (seriously... WTF?), the hand she apparently has around Prince Louis is in an unnatural position and is blurry even though everything around it isn't, something is wrong with the way her hair fades out on the left side, the tree in the background shouldn't even have its leaves at this time of year... there's more than that, the issues with this picture go on and on.

This is the best the Palace can do to allay fears that the Princess of Wales is not okay? The public's fears are going to turn grave after this. This is all unprecedented for a Palace-released picture. What the heck has happened to her? The only kind of picture that would convince me she's okay now, is one of her holding up a copy of today's newspaper.

Last edited:
Yeah I follow them on insta and saw that image this morning and something felt off about it. I hadn't necessarily thought it was AI or edited but I thought it was an old photo. Not taken in the past few days.

Interestingly her uncle said he can't say what has happened to her but that when the palace announces it he will state his opinion. Why would he have an opinion on abdominal surgery? Kidney stones? Hysterectomy? Appendicitis? Seems odd he'd have an opinion on a regular medical condition or surgery.

I hope she's just taking time to look after her mental health.

"Right Royal Mess! "
Where did they get that from for this week's up coming 60 minutes , pouncing on this "photoshopped" picture!

Gosh, I don't know what to think now.
A short video message, thanking her well-wishers etc... is exactly what would end all of this. It could be expertly scripted, she wouldn't need to stand up for it or anything, and it's not the kind of activity a doctor would have to sign off on her being fit for. If she's as spritely as she looks in the doctored photo, that wouldn't be a problem.
Today the media have been speculating again on when she'll be back on Royal duty in the context of that ending the speculation. Why aren't they talking about video messages? It's not like the Royal family never do them.
The Palace keeps on doing things that dig them into a deeper hole and then blames the public for all the speculation.

Oh, and is this supposed to be the reason that her wedding ring is missing? That the Princess of Wales herself edited it out?

There's no way they're going to be able to produce the original picture (which is what a lot of people are calling for). Every time I look at it I see something I hadn't before. I think the photo of Kate and one or more of the children, were taken at different times... in slightly different lighting too.

Exactly. It's the sort of Royal scandal we pay for.

Funny how all this has coincided with the publications of stories explaining who Lady Rose Hanbury is, as if she may be an important figure in the near future.
Oh my gosh... I did notice her name in the media again. I thought it might have just been because the media knows that's the kind of story people will click on right now. But yeah, there could be more too it.

When the cap was snapped recently with Will and Kate in the back, and Kate turning the other way... that had real Charles and Diana vibes to it.

Consider this excerpt from Prince Harry's book "Spare" where he describes an altercation between he and his brother:

"He set down the water, called me another name, then came at me. It all happened so fast. So very fast," Harry writes. "He grabbed me by the collar, ripping my necklace, and he knocked me to the floor. I landed on the dog's bowl, which cracked under my back, the pieces cutting into me. I lay there for a moment, dazed, then got to my feet and told him to get out."

And consider this piece by 7 News Australia:

Back