Skip to main content

Royal Watch

You beat me to it, Daltrim :rolleyes:

1412250964055_wps_49_Prince_of_Wales_and_the_D.jpg
[DOUBLEPOST=1412289620][/DOUBLEPOST]OH....and am loving the wicker casket :D

You beat me to it, Daltrim :rolleyes:

[DOUBLEPOST=1412289620][/DOUBLEPOST]OH....and am loving the wicker casket :D

@Medusa What a send off! Yes, I agree with you, about the wicker casket - eco friendly as well.

1412244930494_wps_17_Deborah_Cavendish_nee_Mit.jpg

The Duchess kept chickens, and would leave their eggs on Lucian Freud's doorstep when she visited London. She was a staunch defender of country pursuits

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2777758/Prince-Of-Wales-Duchess-Cornwall-friends-family-funeral-famous-Mitford-sisters-Dowager-Duchess-Devonshire.html#ixzz3F3f5fAX4

Errrmmm... Weren't these Mitfords fascist supporters back in the 30's and 40's? Hitler himself met them and they openly admired him...

IMG_6299.JPG

The sisters, six daughters of David Freeman-Mitford, 2nd Baron Redesdale, and Sydney Bowles, became celebrated, and at times scandalous, figures that were caricatured, according to The Times journalist Ben Macintyre, as "Diana the Fascist, Jessica the Communist, Unity the Hitler-lover; Nancy the Novelist; Deborah the Duchess and Pamela the unobtrusive poultry connoisseur".[2]

af5fa2ca-d95e-11e0-a38f-001ec9f8e372-600x543.jpg

4364433.jpg

2 were hitler lovers
Diana, the beauty of the family, also became its first black mark. Born in 1910, she married Bryan Walter Guinness at age 18—but left him in 1933 for Sir Oswald Mosley, the leader of the British Union of Fascists and close friend of Adolf Hitler. When Diana at last secretly wed Mosley in 1936, the ceremony took place in Joseph Goebbels’ drawing room. The Mosleys were interned for much of the War but afterward moved to France and enjoyed some acclaim as a writer and society figure, even appearing on Desert Island Discs in 1989. She remained an unrepentant Nazi until her death in 2003—a philosophy she was responsible for passing along to her younger sister Unity.

Then again, Unity—conceived in Swastika, Ontario, and saddled with the middle name Valkyrie—was practically destined from her birth in 1914 to weasel her way into the inner ranks of the Third Reich. She first laid eyes on Hitler at a rally in 1933; she finally met him in 1935, at which time they became obsessed with each other and she supposedly became his mistress—it’s rumored that she even had and gave up his love child. Throughout the course of Unity’s ingratiation with the Nazi Party, she remained a fierce British patriot, and after Britain declared war on Germany in 1939 she shot herself through the head—which she somehow survived (with, of course, severe mental damage). Hitler paid for her medical expenses and sent her back to England, where her family cared for her until her death in 1948.

Nancy wrote, among other things Love in a Cold Climate.

They were considered great beauties.

And the society ladies looking for rich husbands were kind of the Kardashians of those days, celebrated for their looks, famous for being famous.

That prince could've done so much better.

Mary isn't particularly attractive, even in her STAR NOW days, though she was frumpier then.

She has also aged HORRENDOUSLY QUICKLY in the past decade and has no ass.

Take me, prince xoxoxo

The Duchess leaves her sick bed

096976-6c8add18-595b-11e4-bb41-d2d878d2a380.jpg

Looks a bit pale and weary

097030-66701d3a-595b-11e4-bb41-d2d878d2a380.jpg

She has the best coat wardrobe in the world.

Tiny bump
145311-0a5636de-5969-11e4-bb41-d2d878d2a380.jpg

Lovely colour, and love the shoes & detail.

And what's your problem with Mary?
She is doing that princess thing very well for a girl from Tassie, no shame shadows cast our way.
She looks pretty good to me :)

Back