Skip to main content

Report: "Uncertain future" after "ratings disaster"

So peaked at the third series (often the case) but interesting series 7 was up on series 6. Bit more of a drop for series 8 but really wasn't enough to warrant the axe.
The average for season 8 is a bit misleading. Once the season was deeply underway, the daily shows were sometimes reaching a maximum of 650,000. It was only the eviction shows that manage to boost its average. The ratings at points of the season were bad for the standard of 2008.

I wonder how accurate that ratings info is for the earlier seasons. There's no sources for it, and the individual season pages don't have any info/sources either...

The average for season 8 is a bit misleading. Once the season was deeply underway, the daily shows were sometimes reaching a maximum of 650,000. It was only the eviction shows that manage to boost its average. The ratings at points of the season were bad for the standard of 2008.
Ah, that's a good point. A huge difference if it rises from 500k to 1.5k versus if it goes from 1.5k to 500k. I still think the Ten version had at least one more season in it, and then who knows. Perhaps the 4m who tuned into Masterchef in 2009 would have all suddenly become Big Brother fans! :D

When both Nine and Seven wrapped up I think it was pretty clear the show was done. In a way because the final Ten season made so many mistakes it actually had a lot more potential moving forward because it was far clearer what mistakes (also known as Kyle) needed rectifying, and unlike Seven they still had the goodwill built up from previous seasons meaning fans would have given it a chance.

So peaked at the third series (often the case) but interesting series 7 was up on series 6. Bit more of a drop for series 8 but really wasn't enough to warrant the axe.

Season 6 was up on season 5, but Season 7 was down on Season 6. The screenshot lists Celebrity Big Brother but is missing Season 8. Season 8's average was 0.86 million viewers, lower than what Nine got with its first two seasons.

The whole table for reference:
Screenshot 2024-04-20 at 14.19.28.png

Back