Skip to main content

Reality or constructed Soap Opera?

Billie

Inked!
Awesome site donor
BB2014 is only a daily show, very edited and thus very skewed. There's no live feed,no live cams, no late show or Adults Only content, no live blogs. I feel very detached about this series, as it's been too heavily manipulated (pairs, head of house, money to win from tasks, Tim entering the house after he won it last year). The "Reality" part has been lost to a daily, edited on the run, Soap Opera. I bet the winner has already been picked.....

Yes, I still watch the daily offerings, but not with the same desire, heart or interest as previous years. I hate to say it, but this year's Big Brother will kill off the franchise in Australia, as they're fiddling with it far too much and not letting things happen naturally and not letting the fans in on the action through the day "as it happens".

I so agree with you. I said elsewhere that once upon a time, the producers took the housemates' lead. Nowadays, the producers are leading the housemates. Once upon a time, we had (most importantly) live feeds, regular updates, up late, uncut etc to form our own opinions of people and situations. Nowadays we only see what the producers want us to see, to form the opinions they want us to have.

I have loved BB for years and this is the first time I've been on this forum basically because I'm so deprived of anything interesting this year especially live feeds.

The fact that bb fan members on a forum have more interesting coversations than the contestants on the show is saying something.

Every episode I feel like I've missed 4 weeks and just started watching but I have watched every episode, don't know what the fuck's going on 99% of the time.

Shame they fucked up so badly.

I could not agree more, i feel like big brother controls everything. Every episode i try to watch without cringing and switching it off focuses on 2 or 3 housemates which does not sit well with me because i do not feel like that is the true big brother experience and what this show is about. I do not remember 80% of the housemates names let alone am I genuinely supporting anyone. It is like a circus now, it has become a joke, any kind of authenticity has been stripped off of it.

9 are clearly jealous of H&A, and of Neighbours.
They would love to have a teeny soap that scores internationally, and who's starlets go on to blockbuster movies.
Nice glow there.

And if 9 could may be make up it's mind what BB is might help.
They are pitching at a soap, however the 9 specialty is gameshow and boof.
So gameshow just can't help but dominate.When in doubt, flashing stuff & money is 9.
And - they have soap scripts from dated daytime shit, they are doing Days of Our Lives, instead of Gossip Girl, they don't get soaps have moved in new directions.

I so agree with you. I said elsewhere that once upon a time, the producers took the housemates' lead. Nowadays, the producers are leading the housemates. Once upon a time, we had (most importantly) live feeds, regular updates, up late, uncut etc to form our own opinions of people and situations. Nowadays we only see what the producers want us to see, to form the opinions they want us to have.
So very true!! The opinions they want us to have will then have us vote for their pre-ordained winner.....

9 are clearly jealous of H&A, and of Neighbours.
They would love to have a teeny soap that scores internationally, and who's starlets go on to blockbuster movies.
Nice glow there.

And if 9 could may be make up it's mind what BB is might help.
They are pitching at a soap, however the 9 specialty is gameshow and boof.
So gameshow just can't help but dominate.When in doubt, flashing stuff & money is 9.
And - they have soap scripts from dated daytime shit, they are doing Days of Our Lives, instead of Gossip Girl, they don't get soaps have moved in new directions.
Nine have done it all wrong, they've cut costs and it shows, as they put a lot of money into the house itself. Ten did things SO much better.

So very true!! The opinions they want us to have will then have us vote for their pre-ordained winner.....

Nine have done it all wrong, they've cut costs and it shows, as they put a lot of money into the house itself. Ten did things SO much better.

Way too much into that house. It's bloody awful.

It's shit. It had moments of potential ... But after seeing this I sort of hope it doesn't come back in 2015!

I don't get why they wasted huge money on that house
and yet done nothing much with the show itself.

the people in it this year are pretty much the same.
at least last year there was a lot of love hate going on this year nothing.only exciting thing is seeing Tim in there.

9 only committed to doing three years. There's no way they are going to renew it after the farce that this year has been. It's all fake. The contestants are on there because they want to be famous and everything is so heavily edited that we see only what BB wants us to see. They are controlling everything but it's working to their detriment. They have lost a heap of viewers this year and I doubt anyone's voting. It's a soap opera. There's precious little reality in this show.

I wonder if the cameras are actually switched on for a good proportion of the day.
Might explain a lot. Feel like it's staged for the few hours of filming.

BB2014 is only a daily show, very edited and thus very skewed. There's no live feed,no live cams, no late show or Adults Only content, no live blogs. I feel very detached about this series, as it's been too heavily manipulated (pairs, head of house, money to win from tasks, Tim entering the house after he won it last year). The "Reality" part has been lost to a daily, edited on the run, Soap Opera. I bet the winner has already been picked.....

Yes, I still watch the daily offerings, but not with the same desire, heart or interest as previous years. I hate to say it, but this year's Big Brother will kill off the franchise in Australia, as they're fiddling with it far too much and not letting things happen naturally and not letting the fans in on the action through the day "as it happens".
Sad to say this but I agree with your post and feel that BBAU this year feels very scripted and not authentic at all:unsure:

I wonder if the cameras are actually switched on for a good proportion of the day.
Might explain a lot. Feel like it's staged for the few hours of filming.

Its wierd you should say this as I have been wondering if the people in the house after camera stop rolling talk about worldly things etc..for some reason this season I think some dodegy play is going on

So with ratings going south, now does Nine get it that we want MORE than just a heavily edited daily show?? If Nine gave the fans what we wanted in the first place, ratings would be higher.

Back