Skip to main content

Rank HMs IQ and EQ

Drew's comment about Ed being Russel Crowe from beautiful mind is spot on, Ed is top IQ and bottom EQ.

Also agree with previous poster that Jade and Mikk have best EQ. Falling for an insensitive jerk does not mean you have a low EQ, it is often the opposite.

IQ:
Ed
Mikk
Tim
Drew
Tahan
Jade

EQ:
Jade
Mikk
Tim
Drew
Tahan
Ed

Last edited:
Isn't Drew some engineering egg head? Surely he's smarter than Tim as far as IQ is concerned.

Agreed. I think Drew just often hides how intelligent he really is.

Okay, I'll try this...

IQ:
Drew
Tim
Maddie
Mikkayla
Tahan
Boog
Ed
Jade

EQ:
Tim
Jade
Tahan
Mikkayla
Drew
Boog
Maddie
Ed

I also liked [MENTION=33141]AM_092[/MENTION]'s idea of who I would most to least likely befriend on the outside world so i'm going to do that too:

Drew
Tim
Jade
Tahan
Boog
Mikkayla
Maddie
Ed

Last edited:
IQ
Drew
Tim
Mikkayla
Madaline
Tahan
Boog
Ed
Jade

EQ
Tim
Drew
Mikkayla
Madaline
Boog
Tahan
Ed
Jade

WHO WOULD I BE FRIENDS WITH?
Tim
Boog
Mikkayla
Jade
Drew
Madaline
Tahan
Ed

Interesting how a lot of people either have Jade at the top or bottom for EQ. I guess it has different meanings for people. I thought EQ included your ability to read people. Jade is very bad at taking hints and understanding men in general. SHe also seems to not understand that certain things she says (repeatedly) can make people have a negative perception of her. EQ goes beyond being kind and in touch with your feelings. At least I thought so.

Interesting how a lot of people either have Jade at the top or bottom for EQ. I guess it has different meanings for people. I thought EQ included your ability to read people. Jade is very bad at taking hints and understanding men in general. SHe also seems to not understand that certain things she says (repeatedly) can make people have a negative perception of her. EQ goes beyond being kind and in touch with your feelings. At least I thought so.

to be honest, I dont have a strong understanding of EQ. Probably should have googled it before I made my list but i've always thought it was just loosely based on being kind/emotional/caring :/

IQ
Drew
Tim
Mikkayla
Jade
Tahan
Madaline
Boog
Ed

EQ
Tim
Ed
Mikkayla
Drew
Jade
Madaline
Tahan
Boog

Jade
Drew
Tim
Madeline
Tahan
Mikkayla
Boog
Ed

to be honest, I dont have a strong understanding of EQ. Probably should have googled it before I made my list but i've always thought it was just loosely based on being kind/emotional/caring :/

It's a psychological measure of a person's ability to label, gauge, understand & control the emotions of oneself and others. It's a very broad construct, covering things like (to name a few):

*Insight & self-understanding
*Empathy
*Knowing how to react appropriately to situations
*The ability to recognise fake & genuine behaviour & emotions
*Knowing how to react to others' emotions
*How strongly you react to or are affected by others' emotions
*Knowing & caring about how your behaviour affects others' emotions
*Charisma & the ability to connect with others and draw people to you

...and I could go on for ages. What interests me is when people rate (or at least they would if tested) really highly on one measure of EQ, but really poorly on another eg

*Tahan is very adept at talking about & labelling her emotions, yet with the sisters & Mikkayla, she has cared little about how her behaviour affected them emotionally. Could also point out her labelling the sisters as fake.
*Jade is very genuine & caring, yet is scarily lacking in self-awareness and the ability to read Special Ed's behaviour.
*Mikkayla presents herself as being very strong in character, but is hugely swayed by the behaviour of others eg bawling at evictions, changing allegiances etc
*Ed has a huge amount of composure, yet has totally misread Tim.

IQ
Maddie/Mikkayla/Drew
Tim
Tahan
Jade
Ed

EQ
Drew
Tim
Jade
Tahan/Mikkayla
Ed

boog is hard to rank because I don't know much about her yet.

...and I could go on for ages. What interests me is when people rate (or at least they would if tested) really highly on one measure of EQ, but really poorly on another eg

*Tahan is very adept at talking about & labelling her emotions, yet with the sisters & Mikkayla, she has cared little about how her behaviour affected them emotionally. Could also point out her labelling the sisters as fake.
*Jade is very genuine & caring, yet is scarily lacking in self-awareness and the ability to read Special Ed's behaviour.
*Mikkayla presents herself as being very strong in character, but is hugely swayed by the behaviour of others eg bawling at evictions, changing allegiances etc
*Ed has a huge amount of composure, yet has totally misread Tim.

This is a very good point and this is why I'm having trouble deciding how to rank the HMs.

Also how can we tell what their IQ might be? It might just be me but I don't think we see enough of them to be able to judge their intelligence. It's obvious in some people but not in others. For example, as someone else said, Drew may be very intelligent but he hides it (probably unintentionally).

IQ

Tim
Maddie
Drew
Mikk
Jade
Ed
Tahan
Boog

EQ (emotional intelligence)

Maddie
Jade
Mikk
Drew
Boog
Tim
Ed
Tahan
IQ, you over rate Tim, he's only middle of the range with a motor mouth. Maddie at the top, quite the girl.
EQ, Drew is right at the top, but otherwise agree.

IQ

Tim
Madaline
Mikkayla
Ed
Drew
Tahan
Jade
Boog

EQ

Tim
Madaline
Jade
Mikkayla
Drew
Boog
Ed
Tahan

I gave that quite a bit of thought, but it's really only based on what we see.

Most to least likely that I'd befriend in the real world:
Tahan
Drew
Jade
Madaline
Tim
Boog
Mikkayla
Ed

I also liked [MENTION=33141]AM_092[/MENTION]'s idea of who I would most to least likely befriend on the outside world so i'm going to do that too:

Drew
Tim
Jade
Tahan
Boog
Mikkayla
Maddie
Ed

Cool. Here's mine:

Tim
Jade
Madaline
Drew
Mikkayla
Boog
Tahan
Ed

Tim
Boog
Mikkayla
Jade
Drew
Madaline
Tahan
Ed

Jade
Drew
Tim
Madeline
Tahan
Mikkayla
Boog
Ed

Poor Ed.

tumblr_inline_mrccn516hL1qz4rgp.gif

LOL!! He's just the person who I could see myself having the least in common with. I generally don't like or trust quiet/boring people who don't show anything of themselves...I also find it amusing that he values Maddie's intellect over Boog's entertainment value, yet has been panned by several HMs for his inability to have a conversation that isn't about footy/gym/Tim.

Okay, but just for fun :) and based on what limited info we have.

IQ
Drew (anyone who does well at science or engineering is probably intelligent. To do both, definitely)
Tim (broad general knowledge and curiousity)
Mikkayla (details and rules)
Jade (observant but lacks self-honesty)
Maddie (can't have slept her way into her job, surely?)
Boog (I sense a kind of anti-intelligence, as if she resists it)
Ed (the lights are on...)
Tahan (haven't noticed any interest in matters outside of personal experience)

EQ
Tim (self-awareness, understanding of others, empathy)
Drew (achieved unanimous likability within the house, for a relatively long time, insightful)
Boog (no reason, just a feeling I get)
Jade (I think her delusion is situational and will pass if she works through ex bf issues)
Maddie (hasn't really had a chance to show either way yet)
Mikkayla (hindered by her jealousy and critical traits)
Tahan (haven't seen a lot of insight into herself or her interactions with others)
Ed (I believe he is constitutionally incapable of being honest with himself)

Yep, that's exactly what eq means. For that reason I would put Jade near the bottom for EQ (though she does empathise with others). Also, I would probably put Tim near the top because he has shown that he can empathise, and also it's because he is able to read people easily that he is able to manipulate them (to an extent).

Okay, but just for fun :) and based on what limited info we have.

IQ
Drew (anyone who does well at science or engineering is probably intelligent. To do both, definitely)
Tim (broad general knowledge and curiousity)
Mikkayla (details and rules)
Jade (observant but lacks self-honesty)
Maddie (can't have slept her way into her job, surely?)
Boog (I sense a kind of anti-intelligence, as if she resists it)
Ed (the lights are on...)
Tahan (haven't noticed any interest in matters outside of personal experience)

EQ
Tim (self-awareness, understanding of others, empathy)
Drew (achieved unanimous likability within the house, for a relatively long time, insightful)
Boog (no reason, just a feeling I get)
Jade (I think her delusion is situational and will pass if she works through ex bf issues)
Maddie (hasn't really had a chance to show either way yet)
Mikkayla (hindered by her jealousy and critical traits)
Tahan (haven't seen a lot of insight into herself or her interactions with others)
Ed (I believe he is constitutionally incapable of being honest with himself)

I'd agree with this but I'm not sure how Mikkayla and Jade, for that matter, are more intelligent than Maddie? Really?! This chick is a lawyer and you can tell when she speaks that she's got a brain.
So I'd swap Mikkayla (I haven't seen anything that places her above the pack for intelligence) and Maddie and also Ed (complete dumbo) with Tahan.

The EQ is spot on.

I'd agree with this but I'm not sure how Mikkayla and Jade, for that matter, are more intelligent than Maddie? Really?! This chick is a lawyer and you can tell when she speaks that she's got a brain.
So I'd swap Mikkayla (I haven't seen anything that places her above the pack for intelligence) and Maddie and also Ed (complete dumbo) with Tahan.

The EQ is spot on.
Your EQ is misplaced. Drew is far ahead of any in there.

Otherwise agree.

Tim - high EQ (said all the right things to Ben when he was down) and high IQ
I imagine his weaknesses would be things in daily life where he'd have responsibilities/9-5 job/getting bored quickly/asserting himself and climbing the corporate ladder (would despise being told what to do)
Maddie - high IQ and low EQ
So obviously she's a lawyer so she has book smarts
I imagine her always being occupied with something but she has low EQ - I believe she's being very easily manipulated emotionally and she takes on board every bit of 'feeling' advice in the sense that she can't pick it up herself
Drew - high EQ (he was able to tolerate Tully - nuff said) and high IQ but he seems sorta lazy in day to day things
Mikk - average IQ (probably studies well but I imagine Drew would muck about and still be able to ace tests etc) and medium EQ
Jade - low IQ and medium EQ (obsessed with her own feelings but has good relationships in the house)
Ed - medium IQ (it helps that I think he learns a lot from others mistakes etc) and high EQ (he does relate well to most people - very good when talking to justynn) his handling with jade i think is attributed to his high EQ
Tahan - low IQ and medium EQ
Boog - low IQ (but has very good street smarts) and medium EQ (i think she acts before she speaks - however and that gets her in trouble)

IQ
Drew
Tim
Mik
Tahan
Boog
Maddie
Jade
Ed

*Law degree <> IQ. Just means a good memory.

EQ
Drew
Tim
Mik
Tahan
Maddie
Boog
Ed
Jade

EQ is just random. Unless you played the game; then "collect the red rock" might come into the interpretation.

eta: just realised, I minxed up the M bitches -- didn't place Mik in IQ, Mad in EQ. Go figure.

Last edited:
Back