Skip to main content

R U OK Support Thread

I found out last night a friend that I haven't spoken with died, suddenly - after a trip to Europe, She had a great trip, so I am told. We were not on speaking terms for the last 5 years.

Very sad - she was a great friend, when we were friends - She was 60 :( and I am grieving :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Reactions: kxk
http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...g/news-story/06b23b4a39d3e8976861ce7b3c019cfc

4c74230e82d50f6727a34e876a41589c

Dolly drew this before her death - and it shares a dark message of strength - her family are sharing it hoping it will change lives Source:News Corp Australia

Oh my @joyjoyjoy that beautiful hurt man.....heartbreaking.

Sometimes I think I should skip the credits, for participants are often gone
I watch that amazing show. And that one especially, anything to understand victims and if there is something that can help.....
Our family statistics suck, 2 females attacked quite savagely by strangers, and 1 male

R U OK DAY......yesterday, should be a week anyway.....

Hope all are doing well.

https://www.ruok.org.au/join-r-u-ok-day

U OK?DAY - THURSDAY 13 SEPTEMBER 2018

R U OK?Day is our national day of action dedicated to reminding everyone that any day is the day to ask, “Are you ok?” and support those struggling with life . Taking part can be as simple as learning R U OK?’s four steps so you can have a conversation that could change a life.

The day is about inspiring people to start these conversations every day of the year. Help get your school, workplace and community asking, "Are you ok?" with the resources below and our Every Day Resources.

Thanks @qtkt.........I would appreciate prayers for my dearest and oldest best friend, we have a beautiful friendship, I absolutely love her
She is Joanna, Jo is the kindest, gentlest most beautiful soul. She is her family's strength and heart, a great mother and teacher.
I feel blessed having her in my life.

She has been diagnosed with evil cancer, early stages, hopes are high for a full recovery after shitty treatment

Thanks @qtkt.........I would appreciate prayers for my dearest and oldest best friend, we have a beautiful friendship, I absolutely love her
She is Joanna, Jo is the kindest, gentlest most beautiful soul. She is her family's strength and heart, a great mother and teacher.

She has been diagnosed with evil cancer, early stages, hopes are high for a full recovery after shitty treatment
Praying for Jo and her family - and you as you support her.

XOX

Thank you for your prayers and kind thoughts, @qtkt and @tess

Because she is a wonderful person, she is a bit overwhelmed with kindness at the moment, lovely
People are good
She adores her footy club Melbourne, has been at all the games.
Between a whole lot of loving friends, she was whisked off to Perth, given a ticket to the game.....and poo they lost
Such a humble human, she forgets she has helped and guided, possibly hundreds.

I’m glad to hear she is experiencing some of love she has shared over the years. I bet she had a great trip even if her team lost.

Aww, don't you love how ordinary people are pretty good.......nobody wants to see farmers in pain

Support for strawberry farmers...
While 100 police continue to hunt those responsibly for spiking fruit with needles – sparking a national crisis that has threatened the industry – growers’ spirits have been kept up by the concern and support of ordinary Queenslanders.

“Quite often, farmers can feel overlooked, but the support for us and for the farmers in the bush affected by drought is just fabulous,” Ms McMartin said.

“It’s been amazing, absolutely extraordinary,” Kerrie McMartin, of McMartins Strawberry Farm at Bli Bli on the Sunshine Coast, said.

“We’ve been overwhelmed by the support shown by the public. It is so appreciated.”

a0792c45969d4e0e6ae24a7f2fa2a241

I'm ok with myself most days. I make it through. I've done a lot in my work I am proud of and that other people compliment me on. I try to embrace that and to try feel ok about myself. But most nights (at least 5 nights a week), I have vivid dreams where I am a failure. So I feel like a failure every day of my life because of these dreams. I am not sure if you can control dreams

I'm ok with myself most days. I make it through. I've done a lot in my work I am proud of and that other people compliment me on. I try to embrace that and to try feel ok about myself. But most nights (at least 5 nights a week), I have vivid dreams where I am a failure. So I feel like a failure every day of my life because of these dreams. I am not sure if you can control dreams

My Partner has dreams of demons attacking him and punches in his sleep. They are different demons for each dream. I have had to move to another room to sleep because I am scared I will get punched. He also sleep walks.

He is not a violent person, quite a gentle soul.

Dreams are weird things. My dreams are usually very peaceful.

Maybe Meditation could help?

Dreams are weird things. I am traveling with two friends at the moment and was feeling a bit tired yesterday. I had a strange dream which turned into a nightmare where someone was attacking me and I screamed really loudly out loud and woke myself and my friend up. Quite strange.

Back