Skip to main content

Priya Appreciation Society

It's time to go...... It's time to go, PRIYA
xo4aag.jpg

Question, in all honesty - why do you dislike Priya? like I'd like to hear your reasoning.

I will give you 2 of my reasons from my long list of reasons:
(1) She is pot plantish - I would rather watch paint dry.
(2) She brings no entertainment value to the house. All she does is backstab, criticize and provokes rudeness. Otherwise, she is point 1.

(2) She brings no entertainment value to the house. All she does is backstab, criticize and provokes rudeness. Otherwise, she is point 1.

fair enough, you are entitled to your opinion.

I feel SO pathetic getting so upset over a reality show hahahaha,

I just love what Priya represents - intelligence and strategy but also love and acceptance - she is such an amazing role model for young women in Australia, you can be better ladies, you can use your head and be smart.

If she goes I will be so disappointed that my one and only person I wanted to win is gone, I can't be like other people on here who change their favourite every week after their favourite gets evicted *cough*.

Prayers to PRISUS, if her time is up - let it be.
Well said, I completely agree with you!

fair enough, you are entitled to your opinion.

The problem with the political correctness of democracy today is that people claim everyone is entitled to an opinion without any justification or critical evaluation of their own opinion. People think they have a right to say whatever springs to their mind, and clearly @JordanS does so to grab attention. So now I ask, Jordan, can you in any way give a justified and critical analysis of why Priya is either 1) pot plantish or b)unentertaining?

Here, I'll teach you how it's done. You make rational comparisons to other events/individuals and make a reasoned decision that informs a well-thoughout conclusion. No single reasoning is correct, there are multi-possibilities, it's about justification (of which, you have none). So I'm sure that people have legitimate reasons to dislike Priya, but the ones you give are totally unfounded and are a grab for attention.

You have also previously said this.... Priya: No, no, no, no, NOOO!! Why people like her is really beyond me. She is very much pot plantish. Doesn't really entertain me and I got no idea why people are claiming her as their savior. I think that she is pretty boring and hope she leaves ASAP as possible.

Issue 1: Is Priya pot plantish?
So a pot plant is an inanimate object that sits there and does nothing, generally looking good (and boy does Prisus always look fab). Thank you for confirming that she does lighten up the House, making it feel more homely and welcoming. In regard to your contention that she sits there and does nothing: she has had significant attention throughout the series with plots clearly orchestrated to her. Consider tonight's power play and her power play in the first week. Consider how Big Bother often adds snippets of her dishing out wisdom in the Diary Room to House events. Now I know that her glory as a deity may scare you since she is truly an inanimate goddess, but she definitely does not just sit there and do nothing. Clearly I've just given examples refuting this. But, I never see her sitting by the side of the pool tanning (Skye) or in bed sulking (Mandra). Instead, she's always out there having conversations or observing. Now observing is not doing something, it's making a rational evaluation of what is around you (I suggest you observe the show). So Priya may be an inanimate goddess and one sexy woman, but that does not mean she sits there without doing anything. Quite to the contrary.

Issue 2: Is Priya unentertaining?
Although I happen to not feel any attachment to Travis' total lack of intellectual appeal, I do still appreciate his entertainment value. I do realise that he plays an important part in the House and the show would be very boring without him. I pity you if you cannot realise the entertainment value in the intellectual comments/observations/manipulation/strategy of Prisus. Big Brother shows these things because they are entertaining, they appeal to people who appreciate such intelligence. Priya does not have to run around making a fool of herself to be entertaining, that is low brow humour, and I, like many educated people (yet not all), find this more off-putting than pleasing. Priya is entertaining because she shows intellectualism, wit, cunning and strategy. I've seen Cat represent very little of either of these two major avenues of entertainment. Nor have I really seen so from Leo or Aisha. Priya's ability to appeal to a large number of people on this forum is a clear indicator that she is entertaining, that doesn't mean she has to be likeable to you. I don't like Travis, I appreciate he is entertaining.

Conclusion: Your argument was made without any reasoned judgement. Please do not think I am bullying/slandering(defaming)/picking on you. Instead I'm promoting intellectualism and rationality. I'd love for you to have an opinion, and I relish ones that are different to mine and can make me think. But to do so, they need to be critically reasoned. Please respond with some justification that has a clear reasoned analysis (you always ignore when I call you out on your lack of reasoned analysis in daily threads).

@Tim thanks for the halo!! You are an absolute legend!! Praise Prisus!!

Kind of worried this might seem confusing, writing at 11pm after having studied Law textbooks for 7 hours has meant my eyes are hardly open.

The problem with the political correctness of democracy today is that people claim everyone is entitled to an opinion without any justification or critical evaluation of their own opinion. People think they have a right to say whatever springs to their mind, and clearly @JordanS does so to grab attention. So now I ask, Jordan, can you in any way give a justified and critical analysis of why Priya is either 1) pot plantish or b)unentertaining?

Here, I'll teach you how it's done. You make rational comparisons to other events/individuals and make a reasoned decision that informs a well-thoughout conclusion. No single reasoning is correct, there are multi-possibilities, it's about justification (of which, you have none). So I'm sure that people have legitimate reasons to dislike Priya, but the ones you give are totally unfounded and are a grab for attention.

You have also previously said this.... Priya: No, no, no, no, NOOO!! Why people like her is really beyond me. She is very much pot plantish. Doesn't really entertain me and I got no idea why people are claiming her as their savior. I think that she is pretty boring and hope she leaves ASAP as possible.

So a pot plant is an inanimate object that sits there and does nothing, generally looking good (and boy does Prisus always look fab). Thank you for confirming that she does lighten up the House, making it feel more homely and welcoming. In regard to your contention that she sits there and does nothing: she has had significant attention throughout the series with plots clearly orchestrated to her. Consider tonight's power play and her power play in the first week. Consider how Big Bother often adds snippets of her dishing out wisdom in the Diary Room to House events. Now I know that her glory as a deity may scare you since she is truly an inanimate goddess, but she definitely does not just sit there and do nothing. Clearly I've just given examples refuting this. But, I never see her sitting by the side of the pool tanning (Skye) or in bed sulking (Mandra). Instead, she's always out there having conversations or observing. Now observing is not doing something, it's making a rational evaluation of what is around you (I suggest you observe the show). So Priya may be an inanimate goddess and one sexy woman, but that does not mean she sits there without doing anything. Quite to the contrary.

Although I happen to not feel any attachment to Travis' total lack of intellectual appeal, I do still appreciate his entertainment value. I do realise that he plays an important part in the House and the show would be very boring without him. I pity you if you cannot realise the entertainment value in the intellectual comments/observations/manipulation/strategy of Prisus. Big Brother shows these things because they are entertaining, they appeal to people who appreciate such intelligence. Priya does not have to run around making a fool of herself to be entertaining, that is low brow humour, and I, like many educated people (yet not all), find this more off-putting than pleasing. Priya is entertaining because she shows intellectualism, wit, cunning and strategy. I've seen Cat represent very little of either of these two major avenues of entertainment. Nor have I really seen so from Leo or Aisha. Priya's ability to appeal to a large number of people on this forum is a clear indicator that she is entertaining, that doesn't mean she has to be likeable to you. I don't like Travis, I appreciate he is entertaining.

Conclusion: Your argument was made without any reasoned judgement. Please do not think I am bullying/slandering(defaming)/picking on you. Instead I'm promoting intellectualism and rationality. I'd love for you to have an opinion, and I relish ones that are different to mine and can make me think. But to do so, they need to be critically reasoned. Please respond with some justification that has a clear reasoned analysis (you always ignore when I call you out on your lack of reasoned analysis in daily threads).

Kind of worried this might seem confusing, writing at 11pm after having studied Law textbooks for 7 hours has meant my eyes are hardly open.

I am not reading all that...

I'd rather not read an essay. If you have something logical to say, summarize it all up.

Otherwise, I am not going to read it or waste my time writing a long piece like that.

I am not reading all that...

I'd rather not read an essay. If you have something logical to say, summarize it all up.

Otherwise, I am not going to read it or waste my time writing a long piece like that.

Thanks for proving my point, you can't make a rational, critically evaluated opinion.

Okay hun: your opinions are irrelevant, because you can't give any justification.

Thank you for your reply, confirming my contention and conclusion.

While Priya has lost her shine, I think she looked great tonight. That said, she completely stuffed up her power. If we all knew Aisha would say no, why didn't she have an idea? She put herself in jeopardy, so I don't feel too bad for her. For all her talk of strategic play, she got this wrong. It will be very interesting to see what happens tomorrow. Although, since BB is rigging things left and right, Trav and Aisha might take the money and she'll be off the hook, for now.

Thanks for proving my point, you can't make a rational, critically evaluated opinion.

Okay hun: your opinions are irrelevant, because you can't give any justification.

Thank you for your reply, confirming my contention and conclusion.

For you to make a perceptive evaluation like that shows your real lack of intellect.

I really do feel sorry for you.

For you to make a perceptive evaluation like that shows your real lack of intellect.

I really do feel sorry for you.

HAHAHA I love that you just tried to say I am not intelligent, and that was proceeded by a complete contradiction. Let me educate you:

Perceptive (adj): having or showing sensitive insight

You just confirmed my point again, my conclusion was reaffirmed AGAIN - indeed I am insightful, and sensitive to all the facts. You can pity me, but I understand it's not an informed opinion

she would have had zero idea what BB was going to do with her footage when she got called to the DR. @lefrancais , JordanS is just pizzy cause his lisa got given the heave-ho. best to ignore it like the bulk of the forum have.

I wanted to write something but you've done a much better job at it than me.
That person needs to be put in their place. Thank you!

Him/her not bothering to read your post because it's too long just goes to show how that person has no point to make at all.

HAHAHA I love that you just tried to say I am not intelligent, and that was proceeded by a complete contradiction. Let me educate you:

Perceptive (adj): having or showing sensitive insight

You just confirmed my point again, my conclusion was reaffirmed AGAIN - indeed I am insightful, and sensitive to all the facts. You can pity me, but I understand it's not an informed opinion

You really do think you are always in the right, don't you?

You know what it means to 'perceive'?? Honey, I suggest you get a dictionary.

"interpret or regard (someone or something) in a particular way."

That means it is your interpretation and evaluation. I understand that your opinion is misinformed.

There's no battle - i've already won.

While Priya has lost her shine, I think she looked great tonight. That said, she completely stuffed up her power. If we all knew Aisha would say no, why didn't she have an idea? She put herself in jeopardy, so I don't feel too bad for her. For all her talk of strategic play, she got this wrong. It will be very interesting to see what happens tomorrow. Although, since BB is rigging things left and right, Trav and Aisha might take the money and she'll be off the hook, for now.
She was asked the question 24 hours before when she chose Aisha. BB clearly stated that tonight - I'm pretty sure more than once. She had no idea why she was being asked the question until she was told 24 hours later in front of our eyes.

Back