Skip to main content

Prisoner / Wentworth

Good to see they are keeping up the calibre of guest stars. I always thought Libby Tanner and Tammy McIntosh put in two of the best performances in All Saints. I hope they stick around in Wentworth.

Good to see they are keeping up the calibre of guest stars. I always thought Libby Tanner and Tammy McIntosh put in two of the best performances in All Saints. I hope they stick around in Wentworth.
I was at my mates place yesterday and I got to see Wentworth, Season 3 - ep 1. Wow how bloody good was that episode. I think this will be the best season yet if that was anything to go by.

I was afraid if Season 3 wasn't as great as Season 2 since they've filmed the current season straight after Season 2 and so far i'm happy.

i love wentworth, and was talking about this show today when this was interjected into the conversation: 'wentworth is a rip-off of orange is the new black'.
stupid yank :rolleyes:

i love wentworth, and was talking about this show today when this was interjected into the conversation: 'wentworth is a rip-off of orange is the new black'.
stupid yank :rolleyes:
Wtf :wtf: The bloody nerve of that yank suggesting this. :rage:

Wentworth is the better of the two shows. Just my opinion.:whistling:

Majorly stoked Danielle Cormack won the Silver Logie for most outstanding actress and Wentworth won the most outstanding drama.

So bloody deserved these wins. I wish Nicole Da Silva could have won an award because she is so sensational portraying Franky.

I agree @GROOVER
I only watched bits of the Logies but luckily I saw the Wentworth wins.
The girls all looked amazing too (even Boomer scrubs up well).
@Meglos, they all looked drop dead gorgeous the cast at the Logies. You should check out the Wentworth Facebook page. Shareena Clanton who plays Doreen posted a very funny picture there of them on the red carpet.

Well done to the Wentworth Team!!! Woooooooo.....

I was so happy to see that they had won most outstanding drama. 100% deserved. Best Australian TV show of all time.... IMO.

I wish it was on free to air tv so many more of us could enjoy it. It would rate its socks off if it was.
I hate the fact they you have to pay for great Aussie tv shows, yet we get slugged with so much overseas crap for free :(

I wish it was on free to air tv so many more of us could enjoy it. It would rate its socks off if it was.
I hate the fact they you have to pay for great Aussie tv shows, yet we get slugged with so much overseas crap for free :(

It blows that channel 10 didn't pick up this brilliant show. I'm crossing fingers for a cameo appearance of any of the original Prisoner cast members. Val Lehman would be the icing on the cake for me (maybe Bea's mother).

Oh @ausbjfan you are 100% correct about us being slugged with overseas crap for free. Australian drama has really lifted its game over the past couple of years.

Devastated at the news that an original Prisoner star has been accused of alleged sex offences years ago. She says it's not true, I hope it isn't.

Devastated at the news that an original Prisoner star has been accused of alleged sex offences years ago. She says it's not true, I hope it isn't.
Does it seem rather weird as it's a woman who's being accused or just shocking as it's another person?

I think it's a bit more shocking as it's the first (celebrity) woman to be accused. None of us know the circumstances of course, or the gender of the alleged victims, but my first thought was that it seemed like something her character might have done in the show, rather than the actress in real life. It remains to be seen whether it was one unfounded allegation or if there's any truth in it.

I think it's a bit more shocking as it's the first (celebrity) woman to be accused. None of us know the circumstances of course, or the gender of the alleged victims, but my first thought was that it seemed like something her character might have done in the show, rather than the actress in real life. It remains to be seen whether it was one unfounded allegation or if there's any truth in it.
I heard that the accuser is female. Why do they take so long to being these things to everyone's attention?

any more i am always suspect of charges like 'indecent assault' or 'gross indecency'. they could mean pretty much anything.

Yeah it occurred to me she might be getting TV and real life confused, but I doubt it would have got to the point of charges being laid without clear evidence there was some real world connection between the two of them. In which case she knows her as an actress and not as her character.

Back