Skip to main content

Post BB Housemate Antics - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I'm just old and boring but Jake's videos remind of everything that is wrong with BB now. Everytime the camera goes in someones face they have to yell/dance/pull a face and carry on. Maybe it's simply that social media is so prevalent now so every photo or video has to be FUN AND CRAZEEEEEEE but I miss the old days of BB where the housemates weren't such show ponys and weren't using BB to try and get media careers. When the housemates seemed more like normal poeple. Jake, Lisa and Katie seem like they're drunk constantly. Sandra seems more sedate as does Gemma. But the other three, it's like STOP AND SETTLE DOWN. It's like a 24/7 sugar high. Even OUTSIDE the house we're not getting to know any of them as they still have the 'Oh! A camera is on me - do something interesting!!' thing going on. I noticed with Jason he was doing a LOT of selfies on the final night with all the housemates in the shot as he would know shots with all the housemates would get a lot of likes. I can't imagine being a housemate and hanging out with them as every 15 seconds someone would be pointing a camera at you or trying to do a selfie so every 15 seconds you'd be stop - freeze, smile, ok go back to talking - no wait - stop freeze smile - ok go back to talking... no wait. oh for god's sakes stop with the photos! I guess it all comes down to them wanting to get a lot of followers on social media as it means you get paid to spruik items on social media. Ahh I miss the old days, when things like a chick from a Tasmanian Fish and Chip Shop won Big Brother, and then just went back to her life. It wasn't this "I must be FAMOUS and have a massive social media following" thing that all the housemates have when they're out of the house now.

Well said. I do think its a result of growing up in the age of social media, where there is the perception you are always "on show" and now these wannabees actually have some sort of audience that isn't directly their "friends" and they are loving it and not holding back. I mean look at their instagram accounts where the idea is to upload photos that you take but these guys upload photos of themselves 99.9% of the time. Guess I am just from a different age. *shrugs*

Maybe I'm just old and boring but Jake's videos remind of everything that is wrong with BB now. Everytime the camera goes in someones face they have to yell/dance/pull a face and carry on. Maybe it's simply that social media is so prevalent now so every photo or video has to be FUN AND CRAZEEEEEEE but I miss the old days of BB where the housemates weren't such show ponys and weren't using BB to try and get media careers. When the housemates seemed more like normal poeple. Jake, Lisa and Katie seem like they're drunk constantly. Sandra seems more sedate as does Gemma. But the other three, it's like STOP AND SETTLE DOWN. It's like a 24/7 sugar high. Even OUTSIDE the house we're not getting to know any of them as they still have the 'Oh! A camera is on me - do something interesting!!' thing going on. I noticed with Jason he was doing a LOT of selfies on the final night with all the housemates in the shot as he would know shots with all the housemates would get a lot of likes. I can't imagine being a housemate and hanging out with them as every 15 seconds someone would be pointing a camera at you or trying to do a selfie so every 15 seconds you'd be stop - freeze, smile, ok go back to talking - no wait - stop freeze smile - ok go back to talking... no wait. oh for god's sakes stop with the photos! I guess it all comes down to them wanting to get a lot of followers on social media as it means you get paid to spruik items on social media. Ahh I miss the old days, when things like a chick from a Tasmanian Fish and Chip Shop won Big Brother, and then just went back to her life. It wasn't this "I must be FAMOUS and have a massive social media following" thing that all the housemates have when they're out of the house now.

The only point I'll disagree with you there is, Reggie did not want to go back to her LIFE...desperately. And she didn't thankfully...she got out of the fish and chip shop. YaY. But without social media then, she also got to leave the show and keep her dignity which a lot of current hm's do not. I mean if Priya is sending out tweets about bowel movements and people wiping her "arse". well all I can say is where is her dignity??!!! And she ain't the only one by a long shot...closeup of Skye's butt anyone,,,, most of Sam's pics etc etc etc.

The only point I'll disagree with you there is, Reggie did not want to go back to her LIFE...desperately. And she didn't thankfully...she got out of the fish and chip shop. YaY. But without social media then, she also got to leave the show and keep her dignity which a lot of current hm's do not. I mean if Priya is sending out tweets about bowel movements and people wiping her "arse". well all I can say is where is her dignity??!!! And she ain't the only one by a long shot...closeup of Skye's butt anyone,,,, most of Sam's pics etc etc etc.

Oh I meant she went back to normal living, she left Tassie and moved to Sydney but wasn't jumping around doing selfies/videos and trying to get social media followings. That was a different time though, and I guess if social media had been around then she'd have been active on it, but housemates DID seem more down to earth regular people in the Ch10 years.

Oh I meant she went back to normal living, she left Tassie and moved to Sydney but wasn't jumping around doing selfies/videos and trying to get social media followings. That was a different time though, and I guess if social media had been around then she'd have been active on it, but housemates DID seem more down to earth regular people in the Ch10 years.
wonder what Reg would have been like on twitter!! Classic

Its fun to document party nights but you take a while to look your best and try and get people to take photos and no one does. Maybe its just the sort of people I hang out with? Or me?
I had a birthday with a zero at the end nearly three years ago and from what I can gather one photo was taken and I got someone to take that photo of me and my cake. If other photos were taken no-one has forwarded them to me. Not sure what that says about me or the people I hang out with either as well as my family.

True, and we are certainly seeing a different Priya to the one we "saw"in the house. I dont think she was being herself on BB jmo

Well said. I do think its a result of growing up in the age of social media, where there is the perception you are always "on show" and now these wannabees actually have some sort of audience that isn't directly their "friends" and they are loving it and not holding back. I mean look at their instagram accounts where the idea is to upload photos that you take but these guys upload photos of themselves 99.9% of the time. Guess I am just from a different age. *shrugs*
Narcissism is the new religion. And it's simply amplified when you get your five minutes in the limelight. I watch this show for the social experiment that it should be, but it's now transgressed into something different entirely. I guess I continue to watch because it's become a bit like watching a slow train wreck.

1. Priya Malik ‏@OMGPriyaMalik 2h
    Of course, I don't use toilet paper! I get the haters to lick my arse.

Sandra Nixon ‏@SandyJaneNixon 2h
    @OMGPriyaMalik you slay me. Hilarious xxx

And as for this, I'm not conservative, not by a long shot, but this is probably one of the vilest things I've ever seen written on Twitter, especially from someone attempting to cultivate a public image, and ironically professing to be a role model for school aged children and teenagers. What was she thinking? Does representing Channel 9 and the Big Brother brand become completely irrelevant once you exit the house?

Narcissism is the new religion. And it's simply amplified when you get your five minutes in the limelight. I watch this show for the social experiment that it should be, but it's now transgressed into something different entirely. I guess I continue to watch because it's become a bit like watching a slow train wreck.

And as for this, I'm not conservative, not by a long shot, but this is probably one of the vilest things I've ever seen written on Twitter, especially from someone attempting to cultivate a public image, and ironically professing to be a role model for school aged children and teenagers. What was she thinking? Does representing Channel 9 and the Big Brother brand become completely irrelevant once you exit the house?
Missed by that much. No, missed by a long shot.

Yessss!!!! Absolutely, totally agree!!!

I liked Priya's arse licking tweet, but then I appreciate all types of humour.

What I appreciate more is that for someone who is so defensive and wants the last word, social media fame is going to hurt hahaha. You can't get the last word in with an endless stream of trolls.

She better have her blocking finger warmed up at all times, she'll need it.

I liked Priya's arse licking tweet, but then I appreciate all types of humour.

What I appreciate more is that for someone who is so defensive and wants the last word, social media fame is going to hurt hahaha. You can't get the last word in with an endless stream of trolls.

She better have her blocking finger warmed up at all times, she'll need it.
A full time job you think? Might interfere with her teaching or comedy professions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back