Skip to main content

Post BB - Housemate Antics 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone in Sydney have today's SMH at home? Curious what this person is referring to or if it's just something we've already seen in here.

TAHLIA. ‏@ beginnersblood 12h

There are some completely ridiculous articles around these days.. But there are some absolutely hilarious ones too. #youwinsome

Gary McDonald ‏@ gmac76 11h

@ beginnersblood article in the social pages in the SMH today? #15minsoffame

did you read that as in Motherf_cker good or Motherf_cker bad?

what do you mean someone? it's you, the rich one, hahaha i don't understand the tweet, what does it all mean? we could 'speculate' though :)

I don't even know when you can use Motherfucker in a good context? Don't even think about speculating I'm going to bed Brewbie. I'm going to cry myself to sleep and hope it's all better when I wake up in the morning. LOL :p

Just one last thing though - apparently they went out for pho soup in Richmond.

Anyone in Sydney have today's SMH at home? Curious what this person is referring to or if it's just something we've already seen in here.

There are some completely ridiculous articles around these days.. But there are some absolutely hilarious ones too. #youwinsome

This is it…not much to it at all.
http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/private-sydney/you-win-some--20131122-2xzcs.html

Just one last thing though - apparently they went out for pho soup in Richmond.

well that explains it, it was the fly, goddamn Motherf_ckers :)

goodnight. dry your eyes, everything will be all peachy in the morning, awww

i've even surprised myself with that line, haha :)

1. How on earth could the Sugar Sisters wear THONGS in a nightclub???? Wrong!

2. I hope everything is ok with Tully and Drew that should would write such a tweet.

just to change the subject, I am so over the sugar sisters. every time i see a pic of them i just feel blerghhh

I've been having the opposite reaction actually. Nothing much, just a slight feeling of positivity whenever I see their photos. They're pretty harmless, just not particularly interesting as BB housemates.

2. I hope everything is ok with Tully and Drew that should would write such a tweet.
Yeah I hope so too although I absolutely can't stand when people write stuff like that on social media, even if they're my close friends. If you're not going to explain wtf you're talking about or at least tag the person it's directed at, then in my eyes you're only doing it for attention. .

it was just a joke, as in the wife sits on the left of the driver (husband) but acts as if she is the one who is driving (nags)

we drive on the left side of the road and the cars are right-hand drive

In the photo Jade is sitting in the normal passenger seat but which has to be driver's seat in Australia. It is hard to reconcile the image.

1. How on earth could the Sugar Sisters wear THONGS in a nightclub???? Wrong!

I got the impression it was in retaliation to the tweets between Tahlia and that guy.
Or it could have just been a random tweet nothing to do with her or Drew they have seen happy and relaxed in all photos together including today.

While I understand you POV, I kind of disagree with it...

..Based on experiences and convos I think that one common "right-wing" theme that the lesbian community struggles against is that being gay is in someone's nature...not something they stumbled into in sin...

A lot of lesbian community members would react to someone like Tully who was PORTRAYED as a lesbian (...admittedly said she was bisexual many times during the show..) but was generally portrayed as a LESBIAN...

The idea that a LESBIAN just switches over to liking a guy strengthens that "right-wing" position that a lesbian can be "turned straight" and hurts that community as a whole...

Obviously she would receive some backlash over that....

Obviously most of the posters here understand the nuances of her sexuality...but the GENERAL PUBLIC (aka 98% of the audience) doesn't...

...I've talked to several casual friends of the show and they are shocked when the LESBIAN suddenly falls for a GUY...

It is a strategic blunder for lesbians to even acknowledge right wing religious bigots' argument that sexuality is a choice and that lesbians may be 'turned' or 'cured'. To do so is to concede to the bigots' their implied assertion that the normal or preferred sexual ideal is hetrosexuality.

Lesbians are entitled to equality before society and the state simply, and only, because they are humans and so entitled to benefits of complete Human Rights. It is on this wide open plain that the battle for lesbian equality must be fought, not in the gulches and box canyons of obscure medical and biological science and most certainly not in the swamps of religious pseudoscience.

As lesbians gain rights the community must (and will) dismantle bunker lesbianism. Specifically it must abolish the crime of apostasy and start integrating bisexuals. A fully accepted lesbian community is integrated and has no need of walls and fortifications. Neither does it need to guard against traitors to the community.

Are you in the community? How would you know that? It took me a while to come to terms with the fact I was bisexual, and not gay or straight. Also, just because a bisexual ends up married to a man after years of dating women does not mean she is no longer bisexual, but straight, she is still bisexual in a heterosexual relationship. For many it is simply easier to identify as gay when in a homosexual relationship as even within the LGBT community biphobia is there, we get it from both sides so people hide who they are. Sometimes lesbians can be pretty cold towards bisexuals. And to top it off, sexuality is a fluid thing anyway, there is no easy way to define people, it's not all black and

Tully was very open about the fact she had dated guys in the past, and that she was open to dating guys in the future. Just because she didn't expressly sell out the word 'bisexual' doesn't mean she isn't. Many in the bisexual community do not like to use the label 'bisexual' and will identify another way, they are however, still attracted to both genders.

Thank-you! The Kinsey scale is there, not everyone is a one or a six, there are 4 other numbers in the middle. As much as I like Tully I think even inadvertently she has done both communities (lesbian and bisexual) a slight disservice in her relationship with Drew, or at least in the way that it started.

I think it is worth noting the subject that we are discussing now and the reason why we are discussing it.

I have heard the Big Brother show referred to as a social experiment. It is an experiment in the same way as a combat unit or a group of students on spring break or the inmates of a penitentiary are social experiments. The experiments have been run countless times in the past and the results are well known and obvious.As a social experiment the Big Brother show is a sham.

The exception was Tully. Whether she planed to or not, wanted to or not and whether she understood or not Tully did perform a social experiment this year - an experiment not unique in that it has been performed in bars, parlors and kitchens across the land. But is was performed in public. And while the execution was not ideal and the results are not immediately obvious it is what it is. The rest is up to the audience.

and if she's got it from Ed because he calls his mother Mummy at his age ... AAARRRGGGGHHHH

I think its VERY presumptuous of her to be referring to Ed's mum as mummy when they have just met ...

I know females often keep the mummy / daddy up but in my experience males don't ...

I dearly hope Ed IS making an effort for all the RIGHT reasons and that the last few days signals that Jade and Ed will have a real relationship going forward ... but I'm going to take convincing of his motives ... has the backlash/criticism he's received spurred him into action? or does he have genuine feelings for Jade? I guess time will tell ... I just hope its not to Jade's detriment ...

You really need a life lol. How can it possibly matter to you what people call their mother's? Sheesh...I feel sorry for you.

Tully Smyth ‏@tee_smyth 1m
Motherfucker.

Do you think she's reading and knows someone is willing to pay the $350? Seriously though why tweet this without an explanation.

Not sure exactly what it means but I'm guessing it relates to this tweet
Loren &#8207 [MENTION=26852]Lea[/MENTION]pinloren 7h

@beginnersblood I dare you to put your foot out of the doona. Oh wait. There's someone behind the door clapping and shit
Details

TAHLIA. ‏@beginnersblood

[MENTION=26852]Lea[/MENTION]pinloren hahahaha, fuck that clap.

I'm sure some of you will be interested to know that Boog has just followed Annie on Instagram

Ha! Seems like all the big parties that happen at Ed's house (that Tully was talking about), happen when Ed's not home!

There is an article on the media articles thread about the writer being asked to pay $350 for photos of Drully "slobbering all over each other"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back