Skip to main content

Post BB - Housemate Antics 2013 - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, well it has been interesting to catch up. A little uncomfortable too.

Now that things were said and hopefully off people's chest, I hope the nastiness can stay behind us and we can move on. We all have opinions and some opinions may seem ridiculous to some of us but bad luck, each to their own type of thing. I personally like connoisseur. Yes he is a tyrant at times (let's not pretend con, you know this I'm sure) but his posts are harmless and not malicious, they are a bit dramatic and slightly ott but this is his expression on all things from bb to off topic posts. And yes his intolerance for jade is evident, but we all have that one person who we cannot tolerate I'm sure. Mine is mikkayla (sorry mikk fans, but I can't with her). Just as Prufrock can't stand tim as Delcan does not like tahan as jo-bot thinks tully is a douche. We can express it and deal with it. But I don't think connoisseur deserves a beat up for it either. He could reduce the fan bashing to a minimum though as I do think it is a bit offensive. But I also think that fans should be tolerant of others opinions too and not taking it personally.

I wanted to post this because i do like connoisseur (off topic threads he is actually quite entertaining) and since there was support shown to others, I'm putting myself out there to support con ( not your theories though- gah! They make me shake my head at times)

Sweetgeek, I understand you like Con (hell, I get a kick out of some of the stuff he posts at times too) but he also doesn't constantly, and I mean CONSTANTLY berate you with personal attacks like he does a lot of us. So I think that needs to be taken into consideration. @delcan appears to get the worst of it and I'm happy she finally put him in his place because as someone who absolutely adores her as a poster (I know you don't feel the same -you've made that obvious - and that's fine) it made me angry and uncomfortable seeing him consistently berate her like that. At first I took his constant swipes at all of us (he's one of the ones on here who likes to see us all collectively just as "Jade fans") as a joke, but the constant hate he spiels about us has become ridiculous when you consider we're just posters on a freaking forum.

He can really post whatever he wants about Jade for all I care and he does. That's his right and I don't care if he keeps going...mainly because he's become so transparent with it we all know what his deal is. However, the personal nature of his tirades at posters I do not like one bit. You can't tell me you'd be writing this post if he directed them at you constantly (which he doesn't) either.

The Sunday Telegraph is all over Big Brother today.

There is a throw away line about Tully "Smythe" and Tahan being at Jackie Gillies' party in Ros Reines article about it.

Tim and Jade are in Party Confidential for being at The Eastern or whatever it was.

And then there is this in Guess Who

"Which Big Brother personality clash has lasted almost a year with the two protagonists avoiding each other at nearly every cast reunion?"

Given the combination of people who have been at 'cast reunions' and we know from Mrs B they seemed to avoid each other, even though they have been getting some pictures together at them, I'm guessing it must be talking about Drew and Ed. Unless someone can think of any other two who have been at the 'reunions'.

There is a throw away line about Tully "Smythe" and Tahan being at Jackie Gillies' party in Ros Reines article about it.

Tim and Jade are in Party Confidential for being at The Eastern or whatever it was.

"Which Big Brother personality clash has lasted almost a year with the two protagonists avoiding each other at nearly every cast reunion?"

Given the combination of people who have been at 'cast reunions' and we know from Mrs B they seemed to avoid each other, even though they have been getting some pictures together at them, I'm guessing it must be talking about Drew and Ed. Unless someone can think of any other two who have been at the 'reunions'.

It will be very interesting with Tully spending 6 weeks in Melbourne and having Drew and Ed not get along to catch up all together

Sweetgeek, I understand you like Con (hell, I get a kick out of some of the stuff he posts at times too) but he also doesn't constantly, and I mean CONSTANTLY berate you with personal attacks like he does a lot of us. So I think that needs to be taken into consideration. @delcan appears to get the worst of it and I'm happy she finally put him in his place because as someone who absolutely adores her as a poster (I know you don't feel the same -you've made that obvious - and that's fine) it made me angry and uncomfortable seeing him consistently berate her like that. At first I took his constant swipes at all of us (he's one of the ones on here who likes to see us all collectively just as "Jade fans") as a joke, but the constant hate he spiels about us has become ridiculous when you consider we're just posters on a freaking forum.

He can really post whatever he wants about Jade for all I care and he does. That's his right and I don't care if he keeps going...mainly because he's become so transparent with it we all know what his deal is. However, the personal nature of his tirades at posters I do not like one bit. You can't tell me you'd be writing this post if he directed them at you constantly (which he doesn't) either.

I'm not going to go in the discussion of all this as I am aware con is not an innocent bystander. My post did not make him sound this way nor did I care to bring up the issues as they are not mine (as you pointed out, he berates you guys), which I acknowledged and stated he should reduce.

My post was in support of him as a forum member and nothing else. Considering you are the masses not in favour of him (at times), I'm just one supporter who sees him as harmless, albeit over dramatic though. Just as you support the forum members you adore, I do the same for those that I find that way too. I would hate for a forum member to leave due to being uncomfortable and feeling everyone disagrees with them as a poster. I noticed a few people no longer post like pookie and wondered whether it was because they had one too many swipes and just didn't bother.

Like you said we are just posters on a freaking forum. Not everything should be taken seriously.

I'm not going to go in the discussion of all this as I am aware con is not an innocent bystander. My post did not make him sound this way nor did I care to bring up the issues as they are not mine (as you pointed out, he berates you guys), which I acknowledged and stated he should reduce.

My post was in support of him as a forum member and nothing else. Considering you are the masses not in favour of him (at times), I'm just one supporter who sees him as harmless, albeit over dramatic though. Just as you support the forum members you adore, I do the same for those that I find that way too. I would hate for a forum member to leave due to being uncomfortable and feeling everyone disagrees with them as a poster. I noticed a few people no longer post like pookie and wondered whether it was because they had one too many swipes and just didn't bother.

Like you said we are just posters on a freaking forum. Not everything should be taken seriously.

Bottom line, if you level constant personal attacks at posters like Con does (and like Pookie did too) people are going to get the shits and react. If he doesn't like that and wants to stop posting then so be it. If you can dish it out non-stop but aren't willing to take it back then this place probably isn't for you anyway.

For the record I don't think you're giving him nearly enough credit and I highly doubt he'll be crying himself to sleep for being called out. He's probably loving it tbh.

You go on trying to say we're bullies though for ganging up on him. Also keep trying to suggest you were trying to smooth over this fight...doesn't make either true.

Last edited:
Bottom line, if you level constant personal attacks at posters like Con does (and like Pookie did too) people are going to get the shits and react. If he doesn't like that and wants to stop posting then so be it. If you can dish it out non-stop but aren't willing to take it back then this place probably isn't for you anyway. For the record I don't think you're giving him nearly enough credit and I highly doubt he'll be crying himself to sleep for being called out.
Pookie did have personal attacks thrown her way, difference being she didn't have the support. It's not the same when it's a 1 to many ratio. It's intimidating for posters when you have a barrage of posters come at you. So yes whilst pookie made personal attacks, she wasn't without them and hers were in masses. That's what I'm getting at. I like con and want him to know. And you're right he prob can dish as much as he gives.

Pookie did have personal attacks thrown her way, difference being she didn't have the support. It's not the same when it's a 1 to many ratio. It's intimidating for posters when you have a barrage of posters come at you. So yes whilst pookie made personal attacks, she wasn't without them and hers were in masses. That's what I'm getting at. I like con and want him to know. And you're right he prob can dish as much as he gives.

Don't try and lecture me about what it feels like to have a barrage of posters come at you. I know exactly what that feels like. That's exactly the point though. If you throw around constant personal stabs at people and call them names you have to except that barrage.

I certainly think one particular poster may have went too far with Pookie, but that's certainly not what happened in this instance so it's beside the point.

By 'reunions' do they mean events that various HMs are invited to? If so, what would have prompted that comment this week? There was La Mascara in Melbourne, but from the photos, only Tahan, Tully and Ed were invited - Drew wasn't there as he is in the US so you couldn't call that avoiding in that instance. In Sydney Tim and Jade went to the Eastern. Tully wasn't there but she and Jade have no issues. Could they mean Tim and Tully? While there does seem to be no real love lost there, they did have a photo with Drew and Jade in late January - which was them getting together and not an event.

I'm a bit confused by that snippet.

Is it guilty to have a relationship with a rich guy even it's the truth love?

Reality is much tougher than BBF! Financial crisis, jobless... So who doesn't want to get married with a guy who has a stable financial condition. Money can not buy happiness but we can live happily without money.

I feel sorry for Jade because some always post negatively about her. They dig up every of her single mistake & draw her in a very bad maner with speculation not evidence.

Jade is just 23 & is a good daughter & doesn't talk bad about others. She is beautiful & sexy. But she has been working very hard & legally to reach her goal. I guess she may get much more money or better job if she agrees to sleep with some whom she doesn't has feeling for. But instead she chose to work in a bar & behind the scenes at C9.

For me, Jade is still much more composed & a better rolemodel for the young generation (comments from her FB from middle-aged people...) than Tully.

Don't try and lecture me about what it feels like to have a barrage of posters come at you. I know exactly what that feels like. That's exactly the point though. If you throw around constant personal stabs at people and call them names you have to except that barrage.

I certainly think one particular poster may have went too far with Pookie, but that's certainly not what happened in this instance so it's beside the point.
Whoa! Back up! This isn't a lecture! Don't read more than needed into the post, stop making it personal. I'm coming from a good place and would rather not get into this with you because there is obviously some unknown tension I'm not aware of.

I support con and that's that. That's all it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back