Post BB - Housemate Antics 2013 - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reality TV show pitch for celebrity hot spot Eve nightclub in Southbank
  • Luke Dennehy
  • Herald Sun
  • August 03, 2014 2:27PM

863844-d36ae274-19cf-11e4-bf72-fc0acc2f37ad.jpg

Eve nightclub owner Nick Russian and wife Rozalia are expected to star in the reality show.

863428-37b6eab4-1a9f-11e4-bf72-fc0acc2f37ad.jpg

The club has hired Big Brother housemates Tully Smyth and Anthony Drew.

A NEW television pilot will centre around Southbank’s Eve nightclub.

The pilot that will be pitched to the major networks is called The Guestlist, and will be based around the club’s owners, brothers Nick and Daniel Russian.

Nick and wife Rozalia, who has a huge following on social media with 73,000 Instagram followers, are expected to be the central characters in the show.

The nightclub recently hired two of last year’s Big Brother housemates, on-and-off-again couple Tully Smyth and Anthony Drew, who are also tipped to feature.

The sometimes fiery Smyth has been hired as a host, while Drew now works behind the bar.

It’s believed the pilot will have a similar flavour to the popular Vanderpump Rules, which features The Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills’ Lisa Vanderpump and her restaurant, Sur.

That show has a cult following around the world.

Other characters in the pilot are some of Eve’s long-time regular staff.

The nightclub is partly owned by Chris Judd, and a popular haunt of AFL footballers and celebrities.

The Russian family have experience when it comes to reality television.

Nick was in the cast of one of the first Australian reality shows, Temptation Island,in 2002.

863896-b00506fc-1ac4-11e4-9498-229fc8e204d4.jpg

Footballers Chris Judd and Tyson Stenglein with Nick Russian at Eve nightclub last year. Picture: Anthony Licuria

not sure if Jade is involved but sounds like Drew and Tully will be

That's exciting for them! Can't really see it as something that would appeal to a wide Australian audience, but there is a lot of crap on TV these days so it might get picked up fingers crossed.

• Luke Dennehy
  • Herald Sun

Eve nightclub owner Nick Russian and wife Rozalia are expected to star in the reality show.

The pilot that will be pitched to the major networks is called The Guestlist, and will be based around the club’s owners, brothers Nick and Daniel Russian.

Nick and wife Rozalia, who has a huge following on social media with 73,000 Instagram followers, are expected to be the central characters in the show.

The nightclub recently hired two of last year’s Big Brother housemates, on-and-off-again couple Tully Smyth and Anthony Drew, who are also tipped to feature.

The sometimes fiery Smyth has been hired as a host, while Drew now works behind the bar.

It’s believed the pilot will have a similar flavour to the popular Vanderpump Rules, which features The Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills’ Lisa Vanderpump and her restaurant, Sur.

The nightclub is partly owned by Chris Judd, and a popular haunt of AFL footballers and celebrities.

Nick was in the cast of one of the first Australian reality shows, Temptation Island,in 2002.

Footballers Chris Judd and Tyson Stenglein with Nick Russian at Eve nightclub last year. Picture: Anthony Licuria

Maybe one of the reasons Tully is heading back to Melbourne?
It also explains why Drew seems to be there even when he's not working, he's paid to be there. Most of the staff he has been photographed with seem to be models/actors.

piper_piper
3 hours ago
As far as I got last night before I frailed out.. But THANK YOU @sophiavandorosmua and @juleshair for fixing my hair and face anyway. You both are legends

10560963_714125788661920_1833841529_n.jpg

Katie ended up not going to the Dom Perignon Masqurade Ball, so Tully wore her dress/shoes/necklace instead...might have been too worried about falling out of her dress?

It also explains why Drew seems to be there even when he's not working, he's paid to be there. Most of the staff he has been photographed with seem to be models/actors.

Also might explain why Drew has upped the anti on posting the modelling photos

piper_piper
3 hours ago
As far as I got last night before I frailed out.. But THANK YOU @sophiavandorosmua and @juleshair for fixing my hair and face anyway. You both are legends

10560963_714125788661920_1833841529_n.jpg

Katie ended up not going to the Dom Perignon Masqurade Ball, so Tully wore her dress/shoes/necklace instead...might have been too worried about falling out of her dress?

Thank God she didn't end up wearing that dress - looks like it was slipping down already. Eeep

I'm guilty of watching shows like The Hills etc. so I would probably watch this show if it gets picked up by a network.

And if as the article suggests Drew and Tully will be apart of the featuring cast I can already think of ways the producers could force interesting things to happen on camera.

• Luke Dennehy
  • Herald Sun

Nick Russian was in Temptation Island? i knew i had seen a connection to this show with someone from BBAU before

Alex Mavroidakis
Producer
-Temptation Island

Fox Broadcasting
Public Company; 1001-5000 employees; Broadcast Media industry

2001 – 2001 (less than a year) Fiji

benfrombrisbane
36 minutes ago · QPAC Lyric Theatre
This show is nothing short of amazing! I was mesmerized from beginning to end. Thank you SO much @atqpac for having Mum & I along to opening night ☺️ If you can get a ticket, go! #lyrictheatre #qpac

10570066_572703019508174_1914653315_n.jpg

another photo from last night with Josh

10554166_350009755156976_685710212_n.jpg

Those labels on the bottles look a bit creepy - looks like they belong in the batman cave

That is really interesting - it explains Tully's recent tweet about joining the Eve family, and also her attendance lately whilst in Melbourne and being labelled a host - so I assume she gets paid to be there as well? I wonder if that means that she will move back to Melbourne on more than just a visit basis, or if she will spend part of the week in Sydney and part in Melbourne.

Just FYI, the article has just been confirmed as true on Eve Bar's Facebook page.
Also confirmed in a tweet
@EveBarSouthbank: THE RUMOURS ARE TRUE...

After 8 years Eve Bar has some exciting news... http://t.co/kEpgCrW8ls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back