Skip to main content

Post all after party gossip / pics / captions in here!

Generally, charties coordinate these sorts of events and individuals "sponsor" the participants. Semi-well-known people like Ryan & Sam would potentially be able to use their notoriety to get people to donate. Sometimes the donations go toward the cost of the trip and extra proceeds go to the charity. Other times, the participants pay for the trip and all donations go to the charity. It depends upon how the institution decides to run it.
But his mother is not a charity and his parents are quite wealthy. Its not like she'd need money for medical bills or equipment. I assume it will be to raise money for MS but I thought Sam was back in training for some big swimming event. If they're going to do it it will be a long time away - or it's all bullshit. Probably like Tim's promise to take Ben to Graceland. Still hasn't happened and probably wont unless Tim can spin a free trip and a bit of personal publicity out of it. He doesn't seem to have any intention of going through with his "If I win I'll take you to Graceland" promise and paying for it himself as a holiday.

India is home to one third of the world's 1.2 billion poorest people... Ryan and Sam will have to choose their route very carefully if they hope to raise money for their cause.... The health system and issues in India are the worst on the planet (outside of many African countries). They might as well ride across Sudan asking for donations... Ridiculous.

http://time.com/2999550/india-home-to-most-poor-people/
It is also for MS Australia - Australian charity to benefit Australians who have MS - wouldn't think that would be a big charity for those in India to give money to. If it is to be sponsored by Australians I am not sure I get how that works either - people sponsor per km they ride?

I don't understand why you guys are so negative about them trying to do something to raise money for charity. Seems pretty selfless to me and a good way to use their newfound fame. And anyone who has been to India will know that planning to cycle across it is no bloody holiday.

Now let's applaud the selflessness of Skye as she posts more photos of HERSELF on HER OWN Instagram account. *rolls eyes*

But his mother is not a charity and his parents are quite wealthy. Its not like she'd need money for medical bills or equipment. I assume it will be to raise money for MS but I thought Sam was back in training for some big swimming event. If they're going to do it it will be a long time away - or it's all bullshit. Probably like Tim's promise to take Ben to Graceland. Still hasn't happened and probably wont unless Tim can spin a free trip and a bit of personal publicity out of it. He doesn't seem to have any intention of going through with his "If I win I'll take you to Graceland" promise and paying for it himself as a holiday.
right. he got other people to pay for the trip.

Have they been? I thought they were trying to crowd fund it to make a tv show and weren't getting much cash. I didn't really hear anything more about it.
apparently the crowd funding reached its goal but then someone on here said someone put the last $20,000 in themselves. so if it wasnt the production company it might have been Tim but that was probably just so it didnt look like a failure which would be worse then not going.

Brett, that may be true, but this is an exciting voluntary boys adventure. It's not self flagellation. The trip idea came first.

I'm not overly concerned one way or the other....but doing fun holidays for charity is iffy. It's like sponsor-a-schoolie. I think he is cleverly setting a funding goal so that dad will cover the big shortfall. Bad news is best delivered in installments.

I'm not overly concerned one way or the other....but doing fun holidays for charity is iffy. It's like sponsor-a-schoolie.
I guess I don't see that having fun while raising money for charity have to be mutually exclusive. And as I say a lot of India is far from what I call 'fun'. It challenges you in ways you didn't think was possible.

I don't understand why you guys are so negative about them trying to do something to raise money for charity. Seems pretty selfless to me and a good way to use their newfound fame. And anyone who has been to India will know that planning to cycle across it is no bloody holiday.

Now let's applaud the selflessness of Skye as she posts more photos of HERSELF on HER OWN Instagram account. *rolls eyes*
They could not have put much planing into this. Raising funds for MS is a great idea and using their fame to boost it is great. Just India seems goes against that goal and seems more like a lark

apparently the crowd funding reached its goal but then someone on here said someone put the last $20,000 in themselves. so if it wasnt the production company it might have been Tim but that was probably just so it didnt look like a failure which would be worse then not going.
Oh ok. Thanks. I hadn't heard that they eventually reached the target. We'll have to wait and see if they ever end up going. I won't hold my breath.

They could not have put much planing into this. Raising funds for MS is a great idea and using their fame to boost it is great. Just India seems goes against that goal and seems more like a lark
I agree. Or maybe they fancy themselves as new Hamish and Andy with a gap year type trip. Going to a country full of rampant poverty to raise money for a wealthy woman? hmm. He's never said it was for MS, that was my assumption earlier in this thread. It might be right, might be totally wrong, I don't want to be starting rumours. He said it was "for his Mum"

Some of you need to learn how to read more than the title of a news article.
The money raised will be for MS Australia. His inspiration will be his mum. The money raised won't be going to her.

"We're going to do a motorbike trip our winter coming up through India and raise some money for MS Australia," he said.
During his final month in the house he received a letter from his dad Dez which included an important update on his mum's health. She will be the inspiration behind the ride across India as she suffers from Multiple Sclerosis.

The douchebag/meathead is strong in Travis' friends photos...

Ignorant post.... people like you annoy me... pigeon holeing people because the way they look. Have you got something against blokes that take pride in the way they look and like to have a good time? Jump down people's throat if the shoe is on the other foot though...

Some of you need to learn how to read more than the title of a news article.
The money raised will be for MS Australia. His inspiration will be his mum. The money raised won't be going to her.

"We're going to do a motorbike trip our winter coming up through India and raise some money for MS Australia," he said.
During his final month in the house he received a letter from his dad Dez which included an important update on his mum's health. She will be the inspiration behind the ride across India as she suffers from Multiple Sclerosis.
Summer in India.... That will be a challenge

Back