Skip to main content

Post all after party gossip / pics / captions in here!

I have no problem at all with them using their 15 mins of fame for a good cause (I was disappointed Tully didn't do that), I am just genuinely unsure how riding across India raises money for an Australian charity - I don't get how it works in terms of fundraising? I look forward to getting a better understanding when plans are all finalised and they are advertising it.

I assumed it would be a getting sponsored by friends and family back home thing. Kinda like sponsoring someone to do the 40 Hour Famine. Or maybe they'll ask fans to sponsor them to do it with that money going to MS Aus.

I assumed it would be a getting sponsored by friends and family back home thing. Kinda like sponsoring someone to do the 40 Hour Famine. Or maybe they'll ask fans to sponsor them to do it with that money going to MS Aus.
yeah I guess that is where I get confused. Most things like that it would be something quite challenging, or not necessarily fun, with the sponsorship for the KM's travelled as incentive to keep going. Sponsoring them to go on holiday just seems strange. I feel like I am missing something o_O:sorry::unsure:

yeah I guess that is where I get confused. Most things like that it would be something quite challenging, or not necessarily fun, with the sponsorship for the KM's travelled as incentive to keep going. Sponsoring them to go on holiday just seems strange. I feel like I am missing something o_O:sorry::unsure:
Well I guess we could just put a pin in this thought and wait for the actual plan comes out and the we can be as savage as we want. Clearly the post HM Antics are not keeping us busy!

I don't think I would ever try to avoid "the meatheads!?!", they are apart of our culture (love it or hate it) and are often (usually when they are not pissed) quite a laugh. Travis definitely had me cracking up quite a few times. Where's the harm??

The harm is that they're the type who would take great issue with me being gay. I said I would avoid them on a Saturday night (i.e. when they're pissed, although I wouldn't want to hang out with them when they were sober either as I just do not find that type of person funny) because there's a strong chance that they'd be the type to at the very least call out some sort of derogatory bullshit. They're a part of our culture, but I don't think it's a "love it or hate it" situation. I hate it, and think they're one of the many problems with our culture, and I think with proper education they would not even be part of our culture. As I said, Travis is probably the nicer one out of the group, but at the end of the day he still thinks a girl owes him sex just because he bought her a drink.

Sorry ijake, not being gay, I guess I didn't really take that into consideration. You are right. A lot of meatheads profess to not liking gay people and you would know what you are talking about more than me. But in lot of cases (not all, and maybe not most) but "meatheads" that I would know (and yes, I know quite a few....,my son's mates mainly), in a group they may bluster on in a derogatory manner. But a lot of that is bravado and stupidity, when in reality they are not anti- gay, just very unaware. A lot of them don't even know an openly gay person and in the one case I do know of where one of they're friends eventually came out, I was pleasantly surprised to see the love and support shown him by his so called "meathead" mates. Everyone is different, everyone feels differently, so we probs shouldn't lump everyone into a group of meatheads, opposed to gays, opposed to nerds, opposed to emo's. etc etc etc. Maybe just stay away from drunk people in general, that's when most groups change and not always for the better. (did any of that make sense... I dunno..):) lets live and let live....PS just be really careful of the Leo's of this world.....look out for bullshit!!!!!

Sorry ijake, not being gay, I guess I didn't really take that into consideration. You are right. A lot of meatheads profess to not liking gay people and you would know what you are talking about more than me. But in lot of cases (not all, and maybe not most) but "meatheads" that I would know (and yes, I know quite a few....,my son's mates mainly), in a group they may bluster on in a derogatory manner. But a lot of that is bravado and stupidity, when in reality they are not anti- gay, just very unaware. A lot of them don't even know an openly gay person and in the one case I do know of where one of they're friends eventually came out, I was pleasantly surprised to see the love and support shown him by his so called "meathead" mates. Everyone is different, everyone feels differently, so we probs shouldn't lump everyone into a group of meatheads, opposed to gays, opposed to nerds, opposed to emo's. etc etc etc. Maybe just stay away from drunk people in general, that's when most groups change and not always for the better. (did any of that make sense... I dunno..):) lets live and let live....PS just be really careful of the Leo's of this world.....look out for bullshit!!!!!

Oh, no need to apologise! What you said makes sense. :) I do recognise that a lot of it does come down to them being unaware, which I guess you can't really blame them for personally, or at least not entirely. There were a few people in high school that belonged to the "meathead" category who were very kind to me about my being gay, so I do know that it can happen, and as I said I do believe Travis to be one of those people to an extent. In the case of Travis he did grow a fair bit in the house, which is fantastic to see, and proves that with a bit of exposure to different people (which I think is part of the problem in that a lot of "meathead" types only hang around each other because their lives are consumed by things like sports and whatever else, but then the same can be said about me considering most people I hang out with are fellow left-wing artists!) one can change their views and behaviour. I do agree though that lumping people into groups can in some cases definitely be a bad thing, and definitely agree that people like Leo should be avoided most of all!

Back