I loathe sport on TV...
OK, so I'm watching Masterchef Lite... errr... Plate of Origin, so here's some reflections so far: (in no particular order)
- What Palace is this show being filmed at? It's huge!
- There's so much going on in the garden and different parts of the building that its clearly hard for the camera guys. Walls and bits of building keep getting in the way of a clear shot. Masterchef's warehouse is a much more controllable environment.
- The judges being all "mates" and hamming it up is bloody annoying... hope that goes away fairly fast. (it won't unfortunately...)
- Nice range of country teams at least.
- Team China - Mandy basically isn't Chinese (the one in red). She's Aussie-Malay-Chinese, so the connection is tenuous at best.
- Team Australia - What the hell are they going to cook for the next few weeks? Tonight they've done "Meat and 3 Veg" and a Snot-Block for dessert. What else is there???? Do we cook anything else? I'm sure we're going to have to see a Pavlova and a Lammington at some point and they may have to dig out an old fashioned Peach Melba, but wow, that's about all we've got.
- Everyone is wasting a hell of a lot of time being happy and excited. Just get on with the damm cooking...!
- France is obviously being set up to be the BIG BAD for this series. Especially the 'Marquis de Barbe Rouge' guy.
- Following the MKR model of the other teams being snarky about each other around the dinner table.
- How will they cook anything is the weather changes? So far it's an alfresco BBQ setup in the garden. Sure this show was filmed months ago at the beginning of the year (no one is social distancing so its pre March at least) but I can't see how they'll do it if the weather shuts in and rains.
- It's obvious that Team Australia will be one of the top 3, even top 2, at the end. It's an Aussie show... they *have* to be. They won't necessarily win, but just being the Aussie Team gives them the inside run at it.
- Team China's dessert looks like old Oysters rather than a black mousse... maybe it tastes ok, but it looks meh... (and bleah...)
- All the girls in all teams are too dressed up and have way too much make-up on to be cooking. They'll have to learn to tone it down and be more practical for the challenges to come (they started out doing the same thing in Masterchef, but everyone quickly learnt that dressing comfortably is more important when cooking)
- Team India do NOT look like they come from India at all.
- 10/10 for the Chinese first dish... all the other teams are clapping and going "Yeah... great! We're sooo happy!...*gritted teeth*..."
- Team Aussie stuffed the potatoes, only 8/10, 9/10 and 9/10.
- Too many ads Channel 7... They've put a count down in the top right corner of the screen showing you how much longer the ad break will be. I was watching that more than the ad (and trying to make it go faster by sheer force of will)
- Manu doesn't like the Mousse. (Told you it looks like old oysters)
- Gary doesn't like the jelly. Matt doesn't like much about it at all... 5/10 from all 3 judges.
- How biased do you think Manu is going to be towards the French team...? (Lots I think)
- Manu doesn't like the snot-block 6/10. Matt and Gary like it better.. 6/10 from both though.
- Team China wins the first round!!!
- ...and that's it..!? TV schedule said the show goes to 9.00pm but it's 8.30 and the show just cut out and ended with an ad break... ok then. Bye...