Skip to main content

Other Aussie TV

Aussies really are tailor made for the RTV genre don't you think?

RTV Fact : Did you know - Survivor, an enormous amount of the production crew is Aussie, medics are Aussie/NZ.
They stole them all after series 2 Survivor Oz.

I agree. Phil from our TAR is my favorite host....leagues better than Survivor's Jeff Probst.

Shit, we forgot Kath & Kim - hilarious aspirational bogan comedy.
2 of our most sensational comedians, write ands perform as Mum & daughter
Lots of really bad 80s fashion, suburban Oz

The US tried to do a version of this with glamorous people. Selma Blair as the daughter.
There is a movie also.

Funny fact - we produce some fantastic kids shows, do yourself a favour and watch Round the Twist, it's a little old now but it is awesome.
We do a lot in conjunction with BBC or with Canada.
We have laws ensuring they have to screen a certain % of Aussie shows - so we don't get totally swamped by other cultures.
RTV, it's one reason stations love it, cheapish way to fulfil content laws

Shit, we forgot Kath & Kim - hilarious aspirational bogan comedy.
2 of our most sensational comedians, write ands perform as Mum & daughter
Lots of really bad 80s fashion, suburban Oz

The US tried to do a version of this with glamorous people. Selma Blair as the daughter.
There is a movie also.

Funny fact - we produce some fantastic kids shows, do yourself a favour and watch Round the Twist, it's a little old now but it is awesome.
We do a lot in conjunction with BBC or with Canada.
We have laws ensuring they have to screen a certain % of Aussie shows - so we don't get totally swamped by other cultures.
RTV, it's one reason stations love it, cheapish way to fulfil content laws

I went to school with the kid who played Bronson on Round the Twist. Not the first Bronson but the 2nd one.

I love Aussie kid shows from the 90s does anyone remember Ship to Shore?

do yourself a favour and watch Round the Twist, it's a little old now but it is awesome.

I went to school with the kid who played Bronson on Round the Twist. Not the first Bronson but the 2nd one.

Oh.My.Golly.Gosh Round the Twist, I was just flooded with weird and bizarre memories.

Does anyone remember the episode where (one of the boys?) urinates on the tree and the tree impregnates him and he gives birth to a little tree fairy thing through his mouth. Oh the bizareness! Such a weird yet wonderful show.

Oh.My.Golly.Gosh Round the Twist, I was just flooded with weird and bizarre memories.

Does anyone remember the episode where (one of the boys?) urinates on the tree and the tree impregnates him and he gives birth to a little tree fairy thing through his mouth. Oh the bizareness! Such a weird yet wonderful show.

I don't remember this particular episode but all the episodes are on YouTube

I love Aussie kid shows from the 90s does anyone remember Ship to Shore?

Shore/sure do, ha, ha, ha. And yeah there are a heap of really good quests/outerspace adventures/weird alternate universes - one was on sunday am, loved it.
And all the surfie ones, and the ocean girl stuff.

Even Play School is funny. That old guy now retired who used to do the washing machine, omg he was hilarious.

Shore/sure do, ha, ha, ha. And yeah there are a heap of really good quests/outerspace adventures/weird alternate universes - one was on sunday am, loved it.
And all the surfie ones, and the ocean girl stuff.

Even Play School is funny. That old guy now retired who used to do the washing machine, omg he was hilarious.

I love ocean girl. One of my favourite kids show growing up.

[video=youtube;RM4VhmoUHFQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM4VhmoUHFQ[/video]

Now I know some of these show are not Australia but I remember all of them. ABC had the best kids shows in the 90s

You know one of the freakiest things to appear in our cultural exchanges on TV?

When Dame Edna popped up on Ali McBeal, weird.

The Block

I've just finished watching the second season of The Block NZ. It was much more enjoyable than the Aussie version (not least because it doesn't have the awful Scott Cam & Shelly Craft) and even the challenges were mostly watchable. The season only finished up in NZ a couple of weeks ago so of course the winners are now known, but if you like the Aussie Block, give it a go.

Kangaroo Dundee - a 2 part documentary, that will melt anyone's heart.

Now has a 6 part follow up screening in the UK.

When the first documentary aired in UK, Mr Kangaroo Dundee was flooded with marriage proposals, despite his sparse lifestyle in the middle of nowhere.
The guy is adorable, 6'7, and cute too.

1st documentary

http://youtu.be/6F2eAOSsSrE

[video=youtube_share;6F2eAOSsSrE]http://youtu.be/6F2eAOSsSrE[/video]

Back