Skip to main content

New Off Topic Thread ..... (Everyone: please be nice)

I do like the kid storyline, and the hugh grant storyline. The guy after his friends wife (the walking dead guy and Keira knightly) is the storyline that annoys me the most for some reason.
She has the most bizarre and affected way of speaking. The Hugh Grant storyline is the best bit.

I don't get the Keira Knightly love either. Yes, she's very pretty, but there doesn't seem to be much depth to her acting. And that storyline was basically : it's ok to cheat, and not even tell your partner.

It never works. If you want him to confine his more OT posts to one thread, he will bleat "you can't tell me what to do". Which, technically, we can't. He has been told that people find his posts disruptive, and he either refuses to comprehend or he understands full well but is determined to keep doing it anyway.

the only thing i understand here is that there has been a deliberate campaign to try and isolate and demean me through various tactics both subtle and overt. which of course i will not succumb to as that will only give encouragement to those who participate (or enable) such behavior to try it out on other people they might not like. they need to know and understand what they are doing is wrong.

the only thing i understand here is that there has been a deliberate campaign to try and isolate and demean me through various tactics both subtle and overt. which of course i will not succumb to as that will only give encouragement to those who participate (or enable) such behavior to try it out on other people they might not like. they need to know and understand what they are doing is wrong.

Why would anyone try to isolate and demean you, just for the sake of winning brownie points on an internet forum?
If you really are convinced that this is some kind of vendetta against you, or some kind of exercise in group bullying, then all further discussion is pointless.
People are trying to give you advice, and you deflect it because you are unwilling or unable to believe that there might be any truth in what we are saying.
The reality is that this is a forum, for people to discuss tv shows and anything else they feel like discussing, within reason.
What it isn't supposed to be is your own personal playground, where you can continually disrupt the flow of conversations by changing the topic back to yourself or completely random jumbles of words and sounds that bear no relation to anything anyone else can respond to. You have stated that reaching a certain post count is more important to you than the content and quality of what you post.
It is, honestly, extremely tiring, and probably the reason why most people just don't bother anymore.

No one has said they HATE you, called you names or said that you can't post here. But ask yourself, why should you, and you alone in the history of this forum, be the one who needs personalised threads devoted to them, when everyone else manages to integrate and get along?

Why would anyone try to isolate and demean you, just for the sake of winning brownie points on an internet forum?
If you really are convinced that this is some kind of vendetta against you, or some kind of exercise in group bullying, then all further discussion is pointless.
People are trying to give you advice, and you deflect it because you are unwilling or unable to believe that there might be any truth in what we are saying.
The reality is that this is a forum, for people to discuss tv shows and anything else they feel like discussing, within reason.
What it isn't supposed to be is your own personal playground, where you can continually disrupt the flow of conversations by changing the topic back to yourself or completely random jumbles of words and sounds that bear no relation to anything anyone else can respond to. You have stated that reaching a certain post count is more important to you than the content and quality of what you post.
It is, honestly, extremely tiring, and probably the reason why most people just don't bother anymore.

No one has said they HATE you, called you names or said that you can't post here. But ask yourself, why should you, and you alone in the history of this forum, be the one who needs personalised threads devoted to them, when everyone else manages to integrate and get along?

I am not going to ascribe motivation to a bunch of internet strangers. What you see as advice, I see a determined effort to try and get me to change a part of who i am.

And how is it interrupting the flow of conversation if the thread hasn't been active for a couple of hours? To be frank talking about the flow of conversation about a forum where hardly anyone posts is kind of absurd.

And also I know if it was any other poster here you or anyone else would not say a word. And there has been way worst posters on here. Please don't try to deny it, I'm not stupid.

And plenty of people here have called me names.

And that post count thing was a joke.

Also I never asked for a personalized thread.

I am not going to ascribe motivation to a bunch of internet strangers. What you see as advice, I see a determined effort to try and get me to change a part of who i am.

I couldn't care less about changing who you are. Whether you think of the posters here as "a bunch of internet strangers" is irrelevant. It is a forum. If you are not interested in anyone else's opinions, why do you post here?

And how is it interrupting the flow of conversation if the thread hasn't been active for a couple of hours? To be frank talking about the flow of conversation about a forum where hardly anyone posts is kind of absurd.
Other posters manage to post when they either want to continue a conversation, comment on a tv show, or update others on what they have been doing lately. Which is different to what you do, and you know that, I don't need to spell it out.

And also I know if it was any other poster here you or anyone else would not say a word. And there has been way worst posters on here. Please don't try to deny it, I'm not stupid.
It isn't any other poster though, is it? It's perplexing that you seem to think that there are other posters who people are turning a blind eye to. By your own reasoning, it would be wrong to not challenge you on your behaviour.
And of course there have been worse posters, who have said worse things, But they tend not to stick around for long, and are not an issue at the moment.

I'm not posting in a "Reepbot" thread.

my point about other posters being worse than me and other posters not saying anything is that they are picking on me because they consider me weak and can be hypocritical towards me. which means when i notice these posters who are trying to change who i am ignore other posters who display much worse behaviors than me i tend not to take their insults well because i know that it is coming from a place of dishonesty and weakness.

They consider you weak, but they are actually the weak ones? Sorry, I don't get it.

I think you're barking up the wrong tree anyway. I don't take issue with any of your posts because I think you're weak. I think you're projecting a bit there, in what you expect people are thinking about you. It's never even crossed my mind.

It is totally your prerogative to be offended by the advise given. Or maybe try and look at it as an opportunity.

From my perspective it was coming from a place of thinking its time to tell you that the silly posts on many threads may be flying too close to the wind of irritating troll like behaviour that could see you banned again. By asking you to reign it in its actually a way of saying I don't want to see you banned.

By Mooseface creating a thread for you to be creative as you like in it can still allow you to post those things in a way that will irritate others less so you will get less of this confrontation, but people who do want to read and see and be inspired by your creativity, will have a centralised spot to find it.

I personally have no problem with you posting in other threads if you are interacting and on topic, or of course its the Tina thread etc. I actually would like to hear what your favourite Christmas movie is.

I know you think i have said horrible mean things to you, but I actually took the time to edit and be less harsh because it was you.

Reepbot, that Stassi comment I made, you asked me about it, I answered. You then went on about Stassi in a teacup, the mayor giving her the keys to the city and on it went. Completely idiotic, inane, stupid and downright silly. I was prepared to and have been prepared to have reasonable dialogue with you on various topics on various threads because I was interested in what you had to say and almost every time you come out with that sort of crap. I don't want to bother after that.
Any other poster wouldn't be coming out with the stuff you persist in coming out with.
There are not as many posters now as threads which are pertinent to tv shows and other things will always wax and wane. If there's active to and fro among those who are here it's constantly being disrupted by schnoofies (whatever they are) and the like.

Back to topic....

This article is a great read regarding Love actually and what is not so good about it. Warning. If you dolike the movie you may not want to read this, as once you read you may not be bale to unread and unsee some of these things!

http://www.thisisinsider.com/love-a...m_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer-art

Bonus... Linked from the above is a definitive ranking of all of the Love Actually Turtlenecks!

https://www.buzzfeed.com/ericafutte...ly-turtlenecks?utm_term=.msgY2rEQP#.jb7Rm5gGb

I agree that all of those parts of the movie were the worst bits. I didn't notice the fat jokes, but how absurd, as Martine McCutcheon was lovely. Turtlenecks... yuck.

Back to topic....

This article is a great read regarding Love actually and what is not so good about it. Warning. If you dolike the movie you may not want to read this, as once you read you may not be bale to unread and unsee some of these things!

http://www.thisisinsider.com/love-a...m_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer-art

Bonus... Linked from the above is a definitive ranking of all of the Love Actually Turtlenecks!

https://www.buzzfeed.com/ericafutte...ly-turtlenecks?utm_term=.msgY2rEQP#.jb7Rm5gGb
That just confirms my annoyance with it now. lol.
Excellent. Thankyou. Cured of liking it.

I agree that all of those parts of the movie were the worst bits. I didn't notice the fat jokes, but how absurd, as Martine McCutcheon was lovely. Turtlenecks... yuck.
I always thought Martine has a rather lovely figure. Certainly not what I would consider plump/fat.

Back