Skip to main content

New Off Topic Thread ..... (Everyone: please be nice)

It's only a day only, I'd call that reasonably new.

That makes sense I think.

Hopefully the year will turn into a grand one and afterwards we can all go down to the pub. Like they do on the bill.

Detective: Well, Guv. Looks like we've finally caught the crazed axe murderer.

Guv: Good on ya lads. Drinks are on me!

How would it work if the other person didn't speak your language...would you still be able to 'read' them?

How would it work if the other person didn't speak your language...would you still be able to 'read' them?

no, i don't think so.

but you might be able to read the tone of their mind voice. if they were angry or something like that.

last night, as the moon and the stars gathered across the sky, i recorded myself sleeping. i wanted to see if i talked or snored in my sleep.

i did neither of those things.

Reactions: kxk
Thought for today....

15894705_1334446923244187_858205183066459156_n.jpg

What are some of the books you think shaped you, changed you, lead you somewhere?

Some of the early, lives of martyrs, bible, Diary of Anne Frank, Shakespeare, poetry any poetry then haikus.
And kid books about adventures and fanciful creatures, kids with lost parents/orphans and stuff.

What are some of the books you think shaped you, changed you, lead you somewhere?

Some of the early, lives of martyrs, bible, Diary of Anne Frank, Shakespeare, poetry any poetry then haikus.
And kid books about adventures and fanciful creatures, kids with lost parents/orphans and stuff.

A Pocketful of Rye by Agatha Christie as that started my love of mystery books.

Anything by Enid Blyton when i was younger captured my imagination. But i really could not re-read her now.

The guide to Aspergers by Tony Atwood helped me to understand myself.

Simone De Beauvoir & Jean Paul Sartre, Leonard Cohen, Aldous Huxley - this stuff ruled my teens
And Catch-22 and Foucault's Pendulum - 2 of the best books ever written, and I had a thing for Thomas Hardy for a while - remarkable the women he wrote for that time, he was a feminist!
And Jane Austen everything she ever wrote, so witty, and sly and Wuthering Heights, oh Emily, why did she have to die after one masterpiece?

Catch-22 is the best book ever for expanding your vocab, astounding use of language, such a clever and entertaining book.

Have you, as I have, given up - trying to keep up with shootings in USA?
It is all one big target, and lots of loose cannons.
They don't care enough to do anything, Americans shooting Americans, the latest is laughable, in his checked luggage, whip it out in the loo, load, and off he went.

Have you, as I have, given up - trying to keep up with shootings in USA?
It is all one big target, and lots of loose cannons.
They don't care enough to do anything, Americans shooting Americans, the latest is laughable, in his checked luggage, whip it out in the loo, load, and off he went.

Haven't really been keeping up with the shootings in the USA. Just mainly political stuff. Russian hacking.

If they weren't going to do anything after Sandy Hook then are probably never going to change. Obama tried his best but he has been stymied by a Republican congress and senate determined in trying to ruin his legacy.

When they did nothing after Sandy Hook, it's now if you don't care well we don't give a shit anymore, they are useless.

Back