Skip to main content

New Aussie Version of Pointless, Debuting Soon On Channel 10

Ratings are in the danger zone.

About 250k a night compared to the approximately 300k Family Feud was pulling toawrds the end.

https://www.smh.com.au/entertainmen...less-is-doing-even-worse-20180814-p4zxi5.html

I’m still watching it, on catch up. It’d be a shame if it failed.

It's down in total viewers but Ten have stated that its up by 30% in the younger demos than Family Feud. It's the older demographics which are not watching.

TBH I wouldn't mind this being axed. It's way too condensed and rushed compared to the UK version that it's hard for me to completely enjoy it.

It's down in total viewers but Ten have stated that its up by 30% in the younger demos than Family Feud. It's the older demographics which are not watching.

TBH I wouldn't mind this being axed. It's way too condensed and rushed compared to the UK version that it's hard for me to completely enjoy it.

Yeah, I agree I'd rather it wasn't trimmed down and rushed. But probably most of the audience have never seen the UK version and may not feel the same way.

Pointless went really Pointless with Tina Arena songs.

Contestants couldn't even name one and chose Australian stadiums instead.

Chains

Heaven Help My Heart

Sorrento Moon

Now I Can Dance

Wasn't it Good.

Sixteen Years.

Unsung Hero

Strong As Steel

That's the way a woman feels

Standing up

Reset all

Soul mate number #9

Dare you to be happy

Be a man

Best for you

Love is the answer

In command.

And that's what I can name from the top of my head. I could name more of course.

Chains

Heaven Help My Heart

Sorrento Moon

Now I Can Dance

Wasn't it Good.

Sixteen Years.

Unsung Hero

Strong As Steel

That's the way a woman feels

Standing up

Reset all

Soul mate number #9

Dare you to be happy

Be a man

Best for you

Love is the answer

In command.

And that's what I can name from the top of my head. I could name more of course.

They had to be songs from Don’t Ask.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainme...w/news-story/ee85ef3a9efee6be18762a7f206c89bd

Rumour going around is that it has been cancelled. Hope so because the game is too hard and wouldn't appeal to most audiences.

The game is too easy in the early rounds. But the format of the show with the slowly building prize only works if it’s hard to win.

I don’t know if it’s really any harder to win than The Chase though, so I don’t know if that’s the real problem.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainme...w/news-story/ee85ef3a9efee6be18762a7f206c89bd

Rumour going around is that it has been cancelled. Hope so because the game is too hard and wouldn't appeal to most audiences.

I hope the rumours are false. I enjoy watching Pointless and cancelling it now would be too early imo. There were rumours going around earlier this week that Celebrity was not returning next year and the staff were tense and not getting along behind the scenes. That turned out to be a big fat lie. Hopefully this will be as well.

I hope the rumours are false. I enjoy watching Pointless and cancelling it now would be too early imo. There were rumours going around earlier this week that Celebrity was not returning next year and the staff were tense and not getting along behind the scenes. That turned out to be a big fat lie. Hopefully this will be as well.

celebrity is rating well, pointless isn't.

time for ten to cut loose such an under performing game show and revitalise letters and numbers!

For me, the UK version ran more smoothly. The hosts make it look easy unlike these two who seem to make it harder, especially the smarmy, not funny one. The good doctor would almost be a better host.

Back