Skip to main content

New Aussie Version of Pointless, Debuting Soon On Channel 10

Think Tank averaged less than 150k and there is no plans to make any more any time soon. Pointless will easily get higher than that.

I was just being a bit wishful and whimsical there.

Pointless rated 493k last night, more than double what Family Feud was rating. It will be interesting how many of those people stick around. I found the Australian was way too rushed compared to the original and there wasn't time for any banter or humour to be included.

The reaction on Twitter wasn’t great. But it’s probably not the twittering audience that will make or break the show.

Early days, but I'm not impressed so far, I think they've butchered what was a great original format from the BBC guys.
And Mark Humphries and Andrew Rochford are no Alexander Armstrong and Richard Osman either.

Yep enjoyed it. It would just have been good if they made the show 45 minutes like the original instead of 22 minutes as it feels way too rushed.

Even the dropping column is rushed. The host hasn’t got enough time to build the tension.

It is getting better as they stop explaining the concept over and over. And we finally got a pointless answer tonight.

To paraphrase @inumeenu it's an interesting take to have to think of the lowest scoring answer so I don't mind the premise of this show but the hosting isn't that great so far. Perhaps they'll get more comfortable in time but for now it's not really gelling. I also have to laugh every time they mention the 'jackpot'of two grand. Now that's pointless HA!

To paraphrase @inumeenu it's an interesting take to have to think of the lowest scoring answer so I don't mind the premise of this show but the hosting isn't that great so far. Perhaps they'll get more comfortable in time but for now it's not really gelling. I also have to laugh every time they mention the 'jackpot'of two grand. Now that's pointless HA!

In the original UK version on the BBC it's even less at 1000 pounds.

What do you think of "Think Tank" on the ABC in the same timeslot?
I think it's rather good, despite Paul McDermott's very lame jokes, the format is a good one and the people they have on the "Think Tank panel" are very quirky.

I think it's rather good, despite Paul McDermott's very lame jokes, the format is a good one and the people they have on the "Think Tank panel" are very quirky.

I think it is entertaining, though the questions sometimes are a bit easy to answer.

Loving Think Tank, it has that addictive quality......and is great for trivia night warm up
I also have a fondness for Paul McDermot, for Doug Anthony Allstars; and best variety host - Good News Week; and having the best comedy performance i have ever seen, he did the theory of comedy, amazing it was.

Loving Think Tank, it has that addictive quality......and is great for trivia night warm up
I also have a fondness for Paul McDermot, for Doug Anthony Allstars; and best variety host - Good News Week; and having the best comedy performance i have ever seen, he did the theory of comedy, amazing it was.

It’s just easy going feel good tv, which is rare these days.

Back