Skip to main content

New Aussie Version of Pointless, Debuting Soon On Channel 10

To paraphrase @inumeenu it's an interesting take to have to think of the lowest scoring answer so I don't mind the premise of this show but the hosting isn't that great so far. Perhaps they'll get more comfortable in time but for now it's not really gelling. I also have to laugh every time they mention the 'jackpot'of two grand. Now that's pointless HA!

It’s not about the money, it’s about the honour of winning. And the trophy.

...haha!... I have to agree with Consuela on this oddjob my friend... I saw two guys battle it out to win $4000 at the end of it... sorry... but I laughed my head off when I heard what the prize was but in having said that... I like the show even though the hosts are trying a tad bit too hard to be funny rather than just run the show properly (for me at least) but as they say... early days... early days... lol!... cheers.

What are the ratings for Pointless like in that 6PM slot, compared to the figures Family Feud was getting previously?
Ten are certainly promoting Pointless very heavily right now in their news hour.

I haven't watched an entire ep of this but I don't mind it. The prize is exceedingly cheap though, its like something from a radio breakfast show competition.

has pointless australia had any tina arena based questions like a certain paul mcdermott hosted quiz show on the ABC?

Reactions: kxk
What are the ratings for Pointless like in that 6PM slot, compared to the figures Family Feud was getting previously?
Ten are certainly promoting Pointless very heavily right now in their news hour.

It rated 322k last night. It's getting about the same ratings as Family Feud but it has a reduced budget so it would be providing a greater return.

They stuffed up twice in the Beatles albums round tonight. They gave away a correct answer in response to an incorrect answer (though none of the subsequent contestants had the sense to take advantage of that) and they accepted “The White Album” as the name of an album.

Reactions: kxk
I’m quite enjoying it. I’ve watched every episode. I like the hosts little digs at eachother and the contestants. They’re having fun with it :)

Familiarity is the key to these shows - they take time to bed in.

Re: Ten @ 6pm - I guess there is no will at all then to put Neighbours back on the main channel, which they could do without ditching the 11 premiere by having it air at 6pm on Ten then promote the 11 screening as a "first look" at the next episode. That's pretty common here in the UK - been done for both Hollyoaks and Home and Away for well over a decade.

and apparently think tank was a repeat?

that's bad news for pointless. quite bad indeed.
I've decided that Think Tank is very annoying. Haven't watched our Pointless yet. Very disinclined as the ads are a turn off.

I've decided that Think Tank is very annoying. Haven't watched our Pointless yet. Very disinclined as the ads are a turn off.

Give it a go - much more entertaining than the UK one. I feel the UK one is very stuffy and pompous.

I prefer Think Tank to the Channel 10 Pointless..............Paul McDermott, lame jokes aside, is a good host, the Think Tank people are a lot of fun, and they have on some quirky contestants.
Pointless on Channel 10 - too loud, the host is too hyped up, and it's all too rushed, the original UK version is way better.

However, the Pointless contestants are not more intelligent, and the show is very loose on facts = shit show

The Beatles stuff....when they claimed Magical Mystery Tour as an album/LP, yet it was released here and UK as an EP

Think Tank is a LOT better on both points, plus it is fun and varied, far more entertaining
Trivia nights in Aus are huge.....I assume trivia players would watch quiz shows, Think Tank is more useful

You know what annoys me is Andrew's laptop. It looks like a grey rectangle on screen, like an error in the video stream. I wish it had a logo or a Pointless sticker or something on it.

I watched part of this yesterday. Moves at a quicker pace than the UK one as there are only three pairs. I liked it more than I anticipated, possibly for that reason. The host is trying way too hard and is annoying. Didn't take notice of the laptop, except that it was there. I'll do so next time, lol.

Back