Skip to main content

Neighbours Discussion Thread

O.M.F.G!!!!!!!!!!!!🀯
Therese and Toadie getting married at the end of the episode.πŸ€ͺ
Holy guacamole, Batman! 😯 This totally took me surprise. The whole episode eluded to Therese and Paul remarrying. I can't ship Toadie and Therese. It's too bizarre. πŸ˜† Does Therese have a fish name now?πŸ€” Puffer fish 🐑

A lot has happened in the fictional 2 yrs since we last saw the Neighbours gang. πŸ˜‚ A very weird episode.

Based on that episode it should have been left to rest in peace. Seemed to lack any authenticity at all. The new sets are horrid - clearly sets rather than characters homes.

Based on that episode it should have been left to rest in peace. Seemed to lack any authenticity at all. The new sets are horrid - clearly sets rather than characters homes.
There were no new sets though...O_O

They've actually expanded the pre-exisiting homes (i.e. we saw the fourth wall of Number 28's kitchen for the first time ever, as well as Terese's bedroom and ensuite). If anything, all the homes last night were far from feeling like sets, in my opinion. And we're also yet to see what they've done to Harold's CafΓ© - did you notice the new front window/logo makeover?

If you're referring to Number 24's new paint job then yes it isn't very appealing, but at least bodes well it being a summery "AirBnB" style home now (and, in reality, this set was a victim of recently being re-used for Fremantle's Riptide miniseries when they thought Neighbours' sets wouldn't be used again).

Re: the show lacking authenticty, I have thoughts on this as well... I agree to an extent, but there was also many reasons it didn't due in large part to the twist. I've known about the Toadie/Terese bombshell since March-April this year, and naturally this first episode back had a lot riding on it, including the red herrings woven in throughout, but there's apparently more to it beyond shock value. It was inevitable that the first episode back was going to be a little overloaded. From what I understand, there was also one scene in particular from last night that wasn't necessarily present-day either... and a "twist within a twist" pending. There's A LOT about to unravel in the coming weeks and months... and the fast pace of last night's episode will ease once the show gets back into its regular rhythm.

From what I know, Neighbours is about to become the most incredible its been in years - and there's still PLENTY of old faces, and new, on the way too (some returnees are characters the fans have been dying to see back on-screen for years).

Last edited:
I've known about the Toadie/Terese bombshell since March-April this year, and naturally this first episode back had a lot riding on it, including the red herrings woven in throughout, but there's apparently more to it beyond shock value.
Frustrating seeing reports about the big shock twist when it has been an open secret for months. It should have launched with an hour special really to give it room to breathe.

The only thing I was intrigued about from episode 2 was the titles - but I've seen them on YouTube now, and they feel quite cheap compared to the style of recent years.

Same. I knew there was a wedding (promos on 10Peach) , but I did not expect it to be Toadie and Terese.
They have zero chemistry on-screen. 😬

It feels like these two hooked up on the rebound from their exes. I'm predicting a divorce soon.
I was thinkingthat, too!
They're both likable characters, but not as a couple.
Maybe we'll be proven wrong.

Back