Skip to main content

My Kitchen Rules! Yay!

...however the infertility sob story was like trigger for me, it was just one reality sob story too many.

Which is exactly why I feel this reality TV overload we have going on has caused us as people to become desensitised to every day pain and suffering.

Which is exactly why I feel this reality TV overload we have going on has caused us as people to become desensitised to every day pain and suffering.

No I am desensitised to OTT public displays of emotion. I am very sensitive to real pain and suffering relayed in a normal manner.

Tis a very good thing that I am not in the medical field :) Cos I would suggest chocolate body paint for helping baby making, which, as we all know with chocolate, a minute on the lips, = a life time on the hips!;)

Ha!

Hahahahahahaha!

I must say I am so pleased that at the end of your 18 month shag-a-thon you got your baby boy. Xo

No I am desensitised to OTT public displays of emotion. I am very sensitive to real pain and suffering relayed in a normal manner.

See I am usually the first to bleghhh over the top emotional outbursts, but in this situation my bullshit meter didn't even blip. I found their grief so raw and primal, it was almost like they couldn't control their emotions.

^^ I don't doubt for one minute they are going through some serious emotional sh*t. My input on the topic was really was just about them saying they needed the money or they wouldn't be able to have a baby.

Side note: Medical evidence suggests there is a very good chance Steph's weight could play a huge role in her inability to conceive. Medically speaking a healthy weight range does play a very important role in fertility. However that does in no way take anything away from her desire to have a child and the pain she would obviously feel having such trouble conceiving.

Obesity in males is also a big risk factor for infertility so they have the double whammy, they need to get in touch with The Commando, Shannon and Michelle.

I actually didn't realise that.

I'm no expert in this area but I worked for a while at the Reproductive Medical Unit at the Queen Liz Hospital a few years ago and remember snippets about weight and infertility. Times have changed, back then nearly every procedure was considered experimental so wasn't covered by Medicare at all.

Friends of mine had this procedure that involved spinning/washing the husbands sperm to isolate the good stuff and then Artificially Inseminating it in his partner. Back in 1989/90 it was considered experimental and cost them about $1000 a pop, a lot of money back then, they did it twice and have two children.

I'm no expert in this area but I worked for a while at the Reproductive Medical Unit at the Queen Liz Hospital a few years ago and remember snippets about weight and infertility. Times have changed, back then nearly every procedure was considered experimental so wasn't covered by Medicare at all.

Friends of mine had this procedure that involved spinning/washing the husbands sperm to isolate the good stuff and then Artificially Inseminating it in his partner. Back in 1989/90 it was considered experimental and cost them about $1000 a pop, a lot of money back then, they did it twice and have two children.

I had a bit of a look online, of course now you say it, it makes perfect sense, for some reason I had never considered obesity to negatively effect men reproductively.

Do you have access to CKN?

It is a brilliant site.

I had a bit of a look online, of course now you say it, it makes perfect sense, for some reason I had never considered obesity to negatively effect men reproductively.

Do you have access to CKN?

It is a brilliant site.

No but when I was at the conference in Brisbane the locals were telling me about it. They all use it.

Awww, too late.... it's over!!!!

woman-eating-popcorn-at-movies.jpg

Back