Skip to main content

Move over Donald Trump, here's Sonia Kruger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brekkie

Staff member
So she's an anti-Muslim xenophobe hiding behind "freedom of speech" - except when it comes to being a muslim of course. No surprise that Channel 9 are backing her comments, but it's this middle class racism which is the worlds biggest problem now - it seems to have been normalised over the last few years as the Western world plays right into the hands of Islamic State and Al Qaeda.

“There is a correlation between the number of people in a country who are Muslim and the number of terrorist attacks.
“I have a lot of very good friends who are Muslim, who are peace-loving, who are beautiful people, but there are fanatics.

“Personally, I would like to see it stop now for Australia. I want to feel safe and I want to see freedom of speech.”
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2...alls-for-end-to-muslim-migration-to-australia

13775813_1185132541517377_5973909011342166600_n.jpg

Sonia Kruger is entitled to her own opinion, but she is not entitled to her own facts. An opinion based on irrational fear has no place in public discourse and deserves the ridicule it receives.http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-...tion-comments-breed-hate-commissioner/7638070.

Now she backtracks and claims a photo of a dead child in Nice sparked the her to claim the Mother Crown - had ya head in the sand about the Syrian babies dying at sea or tortured Sonia???

She's not a racists regardless of what people think. Muslims can be the nicest people you ever meet. There's nice people and bad people in every religion. However among the nice ones there are extremists who unfortunately do being terrorism here. So I personally get where she's coming from and am glad to see she's expressing her opinion and actaually having a voice for once.

Waleed Aly just said it best on The Project. I'm not going to paraphrase but if you get a chance to watch it for the most balanced view of both sides, do it.

dont get me wrong, i love sonia (as a host and tv personality). But this is unforgivable, the fact that she is even allowed to say something with such huge undertones of bigotry on tv really shocks me. i am not a muslim, nor do i make the stupid claim "i have plenty of muslim friends" (which is clearly bullshit because ya know, what muslim person would want to be friends with someone who thinks they are a threat to societies safety ) but im not stupid, i know that extremism, and islamism are complexly different things. sonia just needs to shut her middle class, white, liberal mouth :)

Sonia KKKruger is absolutely making a racist statement by not wanting Muslims in the country in fear of terror attacks. Its like kicking all the Catholics out due to fear of paedophilia. A gross overreaction.

The thing is, statements like this just fuel the extremist agenda of 'us vs them'. If media figures come out making these statements, then of course fringe-extremists are going to feel isolated and pushed more towards extremism.

Sonia KKKruger is absolutely making a racist statement by not wanting Muslims in the country in fear of terror attacks. Its like kicking all the Catholics out due to fear of paedophilia. A gross overreaction.

The thing is, statements like this just fuel the extremist agenda of 'us vs them'. If media figures come out making these statements, then of course fringe-extremists are going to feel isolated and pushed more towards extremism.
I wish I could find a tweet made several months ago and briefly touched upon in a BBC online news article. To paraphrase, it said that to ignore or dismiss dissent is to feed it, as, rightly or wrongly, without addressing underlying core issues (most of which having nothing to do with the discourse itself), the dis-harmony and name-calling from BOTH sides of the argument will only allow radicals to feel empowered.

I wish I could find the post, as it was written far better than I can.

When Waleed said that he was scared too, it sounded very odd. Not unlike a bad actor trying to convey scared. Stilted, insincere and unconvincing.

I just felt that he was trying to get through what would be a very difficult speech without succumbing to emotion, he seemed (understandably) upset to me. Personally I don't doubt his sincerity, but that's your interpretation.

Reactions: kxk
I just felt that he was trying to get through what would be a very difficult speech without succumbing to emotion, he seemed (understandably) upset to me. Personally I don't doubt his sincerity, but that's your interpretation.
I don't like him so quite possibly tend to view him as annoying and at times a bit smug. Your interpretation is more than likely more accurate than mine, but I don't think he sounded 'right'. I do acknowledge that he has intelligence, is up with things and is an influence in the media/showbiz world, but he's not my style. Carrie isn't either.

I don't like him so quite possibly tend to view him as annoying and at times a bit smug. Your interpretation is more than likely more accurate than mine, but I don't think he sounded 'right'. I do acknowledge that he has intelligence, is up with things and is an influence in the media/showbiz world, but he's not my style. Carrie isn't either.

I personally feel the same - I consider the people on The Project on the same level as David Koch/Karl Stefanovic etc. It's the same subjects, just a different timeslot.

I share both views, Sonia is completely correct to be in fear as the Quran was established on the basis of Mohammed supposingly meeting jesus in a cave he resided in. Then receiving a message from the being itself. Mohammed tried to take over many countries by building his own army and starting his own ideology. ALL muslims follow this ideology, it's the extremists which take it into hands. Sure some things have been twisted, but the book itself still states that muslims should rule the world, those who fight against it should die/injured in barbaric ways.

I to have muslim friends, who are peaceful. But at the same time, this religion is absolutely screwed up, it's built on the ideology of barbaric killings and a world run by islamic faith. Religion itself causes many wars and dramas. Its is also the easiest way to form different groups.

I share both views, Sonia is completely correct to be in fear as the Quran was established on the basis of Mohammed supposingly meeting jesus in a cave he resided in. Then receiving a message from the being. Mohammed tried to take over many countries by building his own army and starting his own ideology. ALL muslims follow this ideology, it's the extremists which take it into hands. Sure some things have been twisted, but the book itself still states that muslims should rule the world, those who fight is should die in barbaric ways.

I to have muslim friends, who are peaceful. But at the same time, this religion is absolutely screwed up, it's built on the ideology of barbaric killings and a world run by islamic faith. Religion itself causes many wars and dramas. Its is also the easiest way to form different groups.

No, no, no.
I hate how this is the "accepted" view on what Islam is built on. Like any religion, Islam is built on morals and faith and being of good character. It is only the Islamophobic who interpret it as based on barbaric killings.

It is what you choose to believe it is to be. But considering the book still includes these passages, means it is still followed and not exempt from the religion itself.

E: And yes i completely get what you are saying, as my muslim friends very much follow those morals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back