Skip to main content

Move over Donald Trump, here's Sonia Kruger

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is what you choose to believe it is to be. But considering the book still includes these passages, means it is still followed and not exempt from the religion itself.

E: And yes i completely get what you are saying, as my muslim friends very much follow those morals.

The Bible promotes slavery.
Christianity is based upon the Bible.
Do Christian churches promote slavery?

I would rather believe in myself .... that way there will be no wars or death towards another - I know a stupid way, but at least I am not in a 'group think' and gang like thoughts ..... My thoughts are that all religions seem to be controlling and are not what I would think a GOD would want. LOVE is the answer and well, let's just chuck CONTROL into the mix ........... it is all so messed up and well, I am not sure of the answer - but I am sure that anger and pointing the finger at one group is NOT the answer.

When leaving this planet, with no children, upon my death - makes me feel a bit comfortable - but then again I do believe in reincarnation - so I may have to reep the seeds by not standing up and end up being in a very uncomfortable place and somewhere I never imagined myself to be ............ life and death and beyond has become so complicated :(

The Bible promotes slavery.
Christianity is based upon the Bible.
Do Christian churches promote slavery?

Did you see the report on 7.30 ABC tonight about the Anglican Church - OMG!

Do you mean Slavery or Control? Or are they the same?

Thanks for the Floyd video. While I think there is a religion-sized hole in a lot of us that we try to fill or ignore with TV and forums and junk food and stuff, I think the religions that remain have run their course.

Did you see the report on 7.30 ABC tonight about the Anglican Church - OMG!

?

I just went and read the transcript. As an Angican priest I am ashamed and disgusted. I will be interested to watch the follow up tonight because my experience is that we are not avoiding and running away from the accusations any more and we are facing up to our guilt, responsibilities and obligations. (Too little, too late I know). But that is not what this man is saying. :frown:I will be listening with an open ear.

I to have muslim friends, who are peaceful. But at the same time, this religion is absolutely screwed up, it's built on the ideology of barbaric killings and a world run by islamic faith. Religion itself causes many wars and dramas. Its is also the easiest way to form different groups.

FMD, It's not the religion it's the radicals who either don't read the Quran or just makeup shit that they thought they read in the Quran.

All religions have their radicals.

It is what you choose to believe it is to be. But considering the book still includes these passages, means it is still followed and not exempt from the religion itself.

E: And yes i completely get what you are saying, as my muslim friends very much follow those morals.

And the Christian Bible says that nobody should drink, nobody should get tattoos, women who are raped belong to the men who raped them. So there's that, too.

And the Christian Bible says that nobody should drink, nobody should get tattoos, women who are raped belong to the men who raped them. So there's that, too.
And seafood. I was amazed by how often the Bible says not to eat seafood - there's way more about that than homosexuality, for example.

I don't know why you are all quoting me as if to think that i am completely against muslims, or any religion completely. This is CLEARLY the misinterpretation of peoples opinions, and people get defensive very quick without reading correctly. Yes the christian bible states very stupid and outdated ideas as well. As i said earlier, people pull abstracts or passages out of books they choose to follow, but in the end, they are still aware and follow the book itself. Every religion has there radicals, but religion is the easiest starting point to blood these radicals. Note the word EASIEST for your own assistance.

I don't know why you are all quoting me as if to think that i am completely against muslims, or any religion completely. This is CLEARLY the misinterpretation of peoples opinions, and people get defensive very quick without reading correctly. Yes the christian bible states very stupid and outdated ideas as well. As i said earlier, people pull abstracts or passages out of books they choose to follow, but in the end, they are still aware and follow the book itself. Every religion has there radicals, but religion is the easiest starting point to blood these radicals. Note the word EASIEST for your own assistance.

Not sure what this means or who THIS rob is ........ i think i best leave now eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Love you all xxxx Chereoo

I just went and read the transcript. As an Angican priest I am ashamed and disgusted. I will be interested to watch the follow up tonight because my experience is that we are not avoiding and running away from the accusations any more and we are facing up to our guilt, responsibilities and obligations. (Too little, too late I know). But that is not what this man is saying. :frown:I will be listening with an open ear.

I woud never blame those that take it to honesty. I was brought up as an Anglican. I was so upset to see this. TATe is good and bad

QTKT - i LOVE YOU XXXXXX

Love you back @hooleydooley

Missed last night's show as a parishioner rang at just the wrong time. Will probably not catch up with it until tomorrow as I've got a 6 hour round trip drive to make today.

There is no justification for what we allowed to happen but I believe our leaders have set things in place to ensure it will be noticed if someone tries anything now and it won't be tolerated. I'll be mighty upset if some of those leaders I trust are full of crap.

No, no, no.
I hate how this is the "accepted" view on what Islam is built on. Like any religion, Islam is built on morals and faith and being of good character. It is only the Islamophobic who interpret it as based on barbaric killings.
While I agree that it I think it's somewhat paranoid and dishonest to scrutinise the more harmful elements of the Quran as a means to paint Islam in one brush, it's just as irresponsible and misguided however well meaning to oversimplify with the counter-narrative that Islam is based exclusively on good morals and nothing else. If that were the case then why is it that the only 11 countries in the world where homosexuality is punishable by death are the one under Sharia Law, a system which serves as the most fundamentalist interpretation of Islam in full practice. The worse example of Christian-influenced homophobia on the political level is Ethiopia where engaging in homosexuality is a prison sentence. If you ask me that's a much bigger problem then not to say there aren't good teachings and passages that the majority of Muslims who rely on cherry-picking those parts the way a lot of Christians do the bible.

While I agree that it I think it's somewhat paranoid and dishonest to scrutinise the more harmful elements of the Quran as a means to paint Islam in one brush, it's just as irresponsible and misguided however well meaning to oversimplify with the counter-narrative that Islam is based exclusively on good morals and nothing else. If that were the case then why is it that the only 11 countries in the world where homosexuality is punishable by death are the one under Sharia Law, a system which serves as the most fundamentalist interpretation of Islam in full practice. The worse example of Christian-influenced homophobia on the political level is Ethiopia where engaging in homosexuality is a prison sentence. If you ask me that's a much bigger problem then not to say there aren't good teachings and passages that the majority of Muslims who rely on cherry-picking those parts the way a lot of Christians do the bible.

What about Catholic nations with FGM? I said built on - not "based exclusively on".

Watch western-Muslim leaders speak on homosexuality. It is considered a sin to engage in homosexual acts, but they acknowledge that in every day of their lives they engage with sinners and are still kind to them, so why be violently against homosexuality?

Is it just me, or is Sonia looking more and more like IVANA with all that makeup she's been packing on lately. Check out hose bags under her eyes, they're big enough to have their own post-code! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back