Skip to main content

Most awkward housemate ever?

I always thought Rohan was incredibly awkward because it seemed like he was in denial about it.
Whereas a lot of the other hms were very well aware of how socially awkward they were. Rohan sort of...tried really hard to fit in and it was never going to happen. He thought he was cool, which was the most awkward part of it all. Cringeworthy to watch.
Own your awkwardness.

Rebecca comes to mind as well but I can't remember what it was exactly without re-watching her.

Rebecca comes to mind as well but I can't remember what it was exactly without re-watching her.

Lots of tears in the diary room that year. And lots of sucking up to people who didn't deserve it. The Emma/Rebecca situation reminded me a lot of the early scenes of Muriel's Wedding with Muriel and her "friends". Rebecca tried too hard to be "cool" to compensate for being Mormon, and practically had a breakdown over the fact that, despite all her efforts to be "nice" and "cool" and friendly, Emma et al hated her. She blamed herself for not being able to get them to like her and tried in vain to become "friends". It was painful to watch. Not excusing Emma's behaviour at all - she was horrid then tried to brush it off & deny it afterwards - but I really hope Rebecca learned that being yourself is enough, you can't make people like you, and the ones who don't like you aren't worth it.

Lots of tears in the diary room that year. And lots of sucking up to people who didn't deserve it. The Emma/Rebecca situation reminded me a lot of the early scenes of Muriel's Wedding with Muriel and her "friends". Rebecca tried too hard to be "cool" to compensate for being Mormon, and practically had a breakdown over the fact that, despite all her efforts to be "nice" and "cool" and friendly, Emma et al hated her. She blamed herself for not being able to get them to like her and tried in vain to become "friends". It was painful to watch. Not excusing Emma's behaviour at all - she was horrid then tried to brush it off & deny it afterwards - but I really hope Rebecca learned that being yourself is enough, you can't make people like you, and the ones who don't like you aren't worth it.

Ahhh, now I remember. Thank you wonderful one :)

Mutton...told stories of going out clubbing with Krystal & her friends...
I don't see how that makes her "awkward". It makes her a "superstar" in my books. For a 40'ish yr old woman to be able to go clubbing with her hot 18-21yr old daughter & her hot friends & to be able to pull that off...well not many ppl can do that.

I don't know about Jake as a HM being awkward but if go & look up some of the videos he has posted on his YouTube channel they scream "awkward"!

Rebecca Dent SLAYED. She was awkward but only because she was OBVIOUSLY so very different from the rest of the house. She was still incredibly nice and personable to everybody. JAMIE on the OTHER HAND.

Rohan and Bradley were incredibly awkward.

David is awkward; the way he looks around to see if people are laughing at his shit jokes gives me LIFE.

I don't see how that makes her "awkward". It makes her a "superstar" in my books. For a 40'ish yr old woman to be able to go clubbing with her hot 18-21yr old daughter & her hot friends & to be able to pull that off...well not many ppl can do that.
Not many people can do that, but in all honesty, it's not something I would aspire to or be proud of...boundaries, anyone? :S

I do vaguely remember Jade from '06. From what I can remember she was VERY awkward to watch.

Nobody in the house understood her, we didn't understand her and I don't think even she fully understood herself.

Quite a few worthy contenders have been named in this thread, but my vote goes to Gemma 2014. Her crude attempts at "playing the game" were bizarre. Plus her eviction has to be the most awkward ever (and the cruelest).

Back