Skip to main content

Mixed Poll Selection: What works, what doesn't?

What works, What doesn't?

• Head of House - works

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • Head of House - doesn't

Votes: 22 61.1%
  • House nominations - works

Votes: 28 77.8%
  • House nominations - doesn't

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • Second Chance Challenge - works

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Second Chance Challenge - doesn't

Votes: 16 44.4%

• Total voters
An interesting idea - have always said I'd rather evictees competed to return to the house rather than having fake evictions but never thought about the possibility of doing it just before the actual finale for a second chance. In traditional Big Brother I'm not a fan of someone being put in just before the finale (I think the housemates should have a chance to evict them again) but there is merit in it here, and your idea is better than just a pure viewer vote.
The reason for holding it pre-finale is the prerecorded episodes would all have aired so they can no longer complicate public involvement at this point. Don't get me wrong, this wouldn't make sense for a live series with on-going public voting (a live series is always preferred).

I'm getting 2007-era Friday Night Live vibes except for less whoopee cushions and kangaroo poo.

Was it really that obvious where I drew inspiration from? 😜

I do think in the competitive format it's more interesting to have powers which don't have to be used straight away so the holder not only has to work out how best to play them but when best to play them too, so perhaps rather than an HoH (in name only) it would have been better to have them become the holder of a weekly "Super power" which they can use on any of the next three evictions. That might add more sense to the weekly structure too, plus gives you the added complication of there possibly being two powers in play for the Monday evictions.
Interesting, not a bad idea for HOH being able to 'bank' their power for a limited period. Perhaps over a max period of two weeks (four evictions in this year's format, overlaps with one other nomination power)

My biggest frustration is the decision to have the second chance challenge following group noms but not having a second chance challenge after the challenge winner's noms? That itself is a huge miss to me. Also, HoH feels like an afterthought and does not add anything to the show whatsoever.

The audience reaction after tonight’s show in Twitter and Facebook has been an overwhelming amount of anger and hate for this format. It’s insane if they go through with another pre-recorded format when their entire social media audience is revolting against the shows current state, I just can’t see the public ever supporting a game heavy format like it is now.

I will admit that the Waiting Room is by far my favourite Secret/Twist room Channel 7 has done in the three series. It looks cool, has a nice psychological concept behind it and looks to have a twist that matches with the concept.

Shits all over that stupid attic from last season.

I will admit that the Waiting Room is by far my favourite Secret/Twist room Channel 7 has done in the three series. It looks cool, has a nice psychological concept behind it and looks to have a twist that matches with the concept.

Shits all over that stupid attic from last season.
I saw on Facebook Tim say they were there for 2 nights too

I see most have said the House Nominations works but wondering why people think that. Is it just the nostalgia factor or do you think it works in the context of this format, and does it actually work as a contrast to the Nominations Challenge format in that it gives those not winning power the chance to influence an eviction rather than relying on someone winning a challenge to do the dirty work?

Back