Skip to main content

Mikkayla's attempt to brand her group as 'misfits'

Yeah, I said this a few weeks ago when they were first talking about the cool group vs the misfits, that there were two cool groups, and that the only real misfit was Rohan. Ben could have been, but he seems to be fitting in ok.

Mikkayla is switched on enough to see what is happening in the house and label the group the way most people on the outside see them and the anti-Mikkayla crowd are once again freaking out about it! LOL!

I can wait to see Tahan's reaction when Ed is evicted and (hopefully) later when Mikkayla returns to the house after being fake evicted!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
It might just work and is appearing to already. Majority of people LOVE to bring down people who think they are "cool" or "popular". Its not an attractive trait and we all remember THOSE people in school and even adult life not who are "popular" *shivers*. Mik and her group might now be "misfits", but they certainly aren't the "cool" group that the boys and tahan are happy to play along with.

The Fake Misfits as they should be called are clearly far from rejected, as I said before Tahan is the one who some are trying to outcast. Mikkayla and her dog that she barks orders at, the sisters and their unfair advantage in being together, and Jade in her tedious showmances obviously aren't alone though I don't find them very interesting in those alliances or their clique together.

You can resort to personal insults all you want, just takes away any validity in whatever else you had to say. Mikkayla is NOT beautiful, she is an average (at best) looking person who is overweight. You can say fat is beautiful all you want, the reality is this chunky cellulite riddled creature won't be making a CENT off of her looks unlike girls such as Jade and Tahan.
What makes you think she wants to make a cent off her looks? So what if she isn't super model material. I think she's gorgeous.

I find it funny that the one person who goes on about being a model is actually the one I find least attractive in the house, Jade.
Mikkayla is more attractive than Jade.

The Fake Misfits as they should be called are clearly far from rejected, as I said before Tahan is the one who some are trying to outcast. Mikkayla and her dog that she barks orders at, the sisters and their unfair advantage in being together, and Jade in her tedious showmances obviously aren't alone though I don't find them very interesting in those alliances or their clique together.

Well said

I thought it was Tim that started the 'Misfit' group when he was in the halfway house with Jade and Drew. And he called Tully and Tahan mean girls and the jocks meatheads.

I find it funny that the one person who goes on about being a model is actually the one I find least attractive in the house, Jade.
Mikkayla is more attractive than Jade.

beauty is in the eye of the beholder as they say. Everyone is beautiful in their own way.

beauty is in the eye of the beholder as they say. Everyone is beautiful in their own way.

Absolutely agree. I see no point in comparing women to other women. Everyone is beautiful in their own way. Appreciate beauty for what it is and not use it to belittle the meaning of it.

They aren't outsiders or misfits and the others aren't the cool gang. If others are fooled into that then whatever. It will be pretty boring though if they are the only ones at the end.

You don't think it will be interesting to see how Tim or Mikkayla could beat Ben? I have no idea how they can do it, but they must. Both Tim and Ben can easily beat Mikkayla, but I believe Mikkayla has it in her to see a way to win. I don't know how, but if she does, it will be interesting to watch.

Asians, gays, big loud gingers are certainly more outsidery in Australian culture, of which BB is a hand-picked cross section, than footy players, soldiers and surfers. The cool kids were being fawned over in the early stages. Xavier, Heidi, Tully, Tahan all wanted to hitch themselves to that train. Just because Tim and Mikkayla managed to seize power from them does not mean that they are no longer 'misfits.' Jade looks like the classic Aussie beauty, but perhaps in Italy that is not such a great thing. Australians can feel very foreign sometimes when living in Europe.

Estelle was a true misfit, but her appearance meant that people were initially disposed towards her. Within days she had two admirers and a boyfriend. By the end the alpha male wanted her as his girl. And Australia loved her, she was really popular.

Loud, Korean, not-stick-thin Mikkayla is going to have felt like an outsider all her life in Australia, and, as a teacher, sees the patterns repeating at schools today. She is going in, revenge of the nerds style. Good luck to her.

Last edited:
You don't think i will be interesting to see how Tim or Mikkayla could beat Ben? I have no idea how they can do it, but they must. Both Tim and Ben can easily beat Mikkayla, but I believe Mikkayla has it in her to see a way to win. I don't know how, but if she does, it will be interesting to watch.

Asians, gays, big loud gingers are certainly more outsidery in Australian culture, of which BB is a hand-picked cross section, than footy players, soldiers and surfers. The cool kids were being fawned over in the early stages. Xavier, Heidi, Tully, Tahan all wanted to hitch themselves to that train. Just because Tim and Mikkayla managed to seize power from them does not mean that they are no longer 'misfits.' Jade looks like the classic Aussie beauty, but perhaps in Italy that is not such a great thing. Australians can feel very foreign sometimes when living in Europe.

Estelle was a true misfit, but her appearance meant that people were initially disposed towards her. Within days she had two admirers and a boyfriend. By the end the alpha male wanted her as his girl. And Australia loved her, she was really popular.

Loud, Korean, not-stick-thin Mikkayla is going to have felt like an outsider all her life in Australia, and, as a teacher, sees the patterns repeating at schools today. She is going in, revenge of the nerds style. Good luck to her.

I won't support Mikkayla just based on the fact she is of Asian origin. And how the hell can a teacher be an outsider?? She orders people around lol, she is used to being in control of others not being under other people. Anyway Tahan has some other descent as well I understand and I'd rather look at people as individuals. And I wouldn't say that people fawned all over the other group at all. There were no groups at the start really, Tim I suppose set himself apart on purpose and Ben is just like that and even now he does his own thing. But Ben doesn't have the liveliness of Estelle and I don't think is as intelligent, and the HMs tend to treat him like he is a big favourite as well.

I won't support Mikkayla just based on the fact she is of Asian origin. And how the hell can a teacher be an outsider?? She orders people around lol, she is used to being in control of others not being under other people. Anyway Tahan has some other descent as well I understand and I'd rather look at people as individuals. And I wouldn't say that people fawned all over the other group at all. There were no groups at the start really, Tim I suppose set himself apart on purpose and Ben is just like that and even now he does his own thing. But Ben doesn't have the liveliness of Estelle and I don't think is as intelligent, and the HMs tend to treat him like he is a big favourite as well.

I do not see people as individuals, merely as broad cultural stereotypes. Then, one by one, I systematically eliminate all other species of humans. Actually, I am not suggesting she be supported for her racial heritage, that would be insane to even consider, just that she has felt singled out and different for most of her life, leading to an identification as an outsider.

Teachers can totally be outsiders. All day they stand in front of students, some displaying the hostility apparent in your question marks, feeling alone, exposed, but required to be in control. That's why teachers develop the 'Teacher voice.' I know Dr Winterbourne the teacher is different to me at the pub or whatever. It is an act. A defense mechanism. Remember giving a 5 minute talk alone in front of class? That is what teachers do to a potentially indifferent or hostile audience everyday, for about 6 hours.

Tahan is drop dead gorgeous, and that counteracts the racism she has faced as an Aboriginal Malaysian Chinese, to an extent, I'd imagine. Still, she felt it, as she admitted to Jazz and Tim.

Re: fawning. Think of how they talked about Ed, and still do - he wins Mr Man competitions, beauty pageants etc, despite having had very little to say of any real interest all season. Jade left the perfectly-satisfactory Drew for him.

Tim did consciously foster the us and them mentality, and Mikkayla goes along with it, as it is helping to eliminate her enemies.

I kind of feel some of the hms treat Ben like a retarded neighbour. Mik, Drew and Tim seem to see him as the legitimate threat he is.

Actually, I am not suggesting she be supported for her racial heritage, that would be insane to even consider, just that she has felt singled out and different for most of her life, leading to an identification as an outsider.

Teachers can totally be outsiders. All day they stand in front of students, some displaying the hostility apparent in your question marks, feeling alone, exposed, but required to be in control. That's why teachers develop the 'Teacher voice.' I know Dr Winterbourne the teacher is different to me at the pub or whatever. It is an act. A defense mechanism. Remember giving a 5 minute talk alone in front of class? That is what teachers do to a potentially indifferent or hostile audience everyday, for about 6 hours.

Tahan is drop dead gorgeous, and that counteracts the racism she has faced as an Aboriginal Malaysian Chinese, to an extent, I'd imagine. Still, she felt it, as she admitted to Jazz and Tim.

Re: fawning. Think of how they talked about Ed, and still do - he wins Mr Man competitions, beauty pageants etc, despite having had very little to say of any real interest all season. Jade left the perfectly-satisfactory Drew for him.

Tim did consciously foster the us and them mentality, and Mikkayla goes along with it, as it is helping to eliminate her enemies.

I kind of feel some of the hms treat Ben like a retarded neighbour. Mik, Drew and Tim seem to see him as the legitimate threat he is.

I wouldn't say Mikkayla isn't beautiful, even if Tahan is more conventionally beautiful. Ed and Matt are like alpha males so they were likely to have some influence at the start, no doubt irking Tim. Anyway I wouldn't want Tim to be running this house from start to end as that would be boring. And the Jade-Drew thing was obviously set up by the producers, so I'm glad it never happened and got derailed by Tully and Ed. Teachers don't have to teach if they don't want or they can change schools, and they are in a position of authority. Children have little choice in the matter on the other hand.

Back