Skip to main content

Mike Goldman Not Interviewing 'Evicted' HMs families?

I loved those interviews. Goddamnit. Is it because of the drinking problem? I never noticed it. WHY, Why why? Bring it back, it's Gold, man. Seriously. It's better than a lot of stuff they show.

I think Airfares and accommodation would be a nightmare for the BB team to cover. It must have something to do with that.

I went to a Big Brother eviction night when it was Travis' fake eviction - all the family members were still there in the front row (Mike introduced them during an ad break) so I guess the interviews haven't been included because they don't have enough time to cram everything in now, with all the extra stunts.

The excuse that they don't have enough time is a crock of shit - they need to stop fucking WASTING time on unnecessary shit. Alex and co have their priorities wrong - surely interviews with family members that would be of interest to the public should come before recapping past shows that people can easily catch up online or on Go.

Remember the little girl last year?
If anything, whoever is in charge at 9 is a control freak and can't deal with random,unplanned events happening.

I don't, what happened?
There was a little girl at least once or twice (different girls) who randomly came up to Mike or were in the shot so he had to speak to them. They weren't relatives or kids of housemates, they sort of demanded attention.

And, I like Mike more now, but he often came across as rude and aggressive, cutting people off, like Tahans Mom, though there may have been a good reason for that (to do with the family tragedy of one of Tahans relatives committing suicide, which I think can't be mentioned on Australian tv, without some kind of protocol being followed.) He was rude to Drew's Mom too, making mocking remarks about Tully.

There was a little girl at least once or twice (different girls) who randomly came up to Mike or were in the shot so he had to speak to them. They weren't relatives or kids of housemates, they sort of demanded attention.

And, I like Mike more now, but he often came across as rude and aggressive, cutting people off, like Tahans Mom, though there may have been a good reason for that (to do with the family tragedy of one of Tahans relatives committing suicide, which I think can't be mentioned on Australian tv, without some kind of protocol being followed.) He was rude to Drew's Mom too, making mocking remarks about Tully.

He also asked for Tahlia's phone for proof that she'd been saving Tully the first time she was up, and when he looked at it he said "vote to save Drew? That's ridiculous, Drew's not even nominated." Obviously the family / friends are voting, so Mike could have just stuck to asking for their thoughts on the goings on in the house the same way BB does with HMs in the DR.

All of that is just Mike's humour though/time constraints. There really isn't enough time for them to be having proper in depth interviews with the friends and family (especially when none of them have had any sort of media training, and therefore aren't necessarily good with on-the-spot questions), which is why they always come across as being kinda rude.

When I was at the eviction last week Goldman still had a chat with them (+ heavily took the piss out of them) during the ad break... Wouldn't give them the mic though.

Mike Goldman has made the inevitable transition from young, fun and quirky ... to middle-aged, lame and just a tad creepy. That's why.
Unfortunately I think his middle age creepiness somewhat appeals to me :( I don't know what on earth my brain is up to lol

They are the lamest interviews ever. Seriously, has a family member ever offered any insight beyond "X is doing us proud. X is strong he/she can go all the way". Would bloody love a parent to rock up and go " fuuuuck, clearly Travis is a raging cockhead. Sorry Australia! "

Back