Skip to main content

Meow Meow and Estelle

Yeah true, but, say if you had a very close relative that was an alcoholic, would you have a drink or two right in front of them? Posting on the web is basically doing the same thing.
Don't get that comparison at all. Don't see the similarity in this instance.

Only meow meow I see about Estelle is that great Gangnam style ad close up of her dancing.

Now that's meow meow and certainly worth petting.

Only meow meow I see about Estelle is that great Gangnam style ad close up of her dancing.

Now that's meow meow and certainly worth petting.

Hey its good luck you taped it so you can stop/start/slow mo it any time you like then isn't it?

Don't get that comparison at all. Don't see the similarity in this instance.

What you are saying is you don't consider Estelle a druggie because she has just done weed, so no harm done. Am I right?

What I am saying is that Estelle is not being supportive to her close heroin addicted family member (I've heard it may be her mother, father or brother) by posting it over the web she is smoking pot. I understand weed is the lesser drug, but a drug is a drug and if Estelle wants to experiment (good on her is all I can say), she should not post it where the addict can see it.

Plus that shit will come back and bite you on the arse if she is truly intending to get into law or politics.

What you are saying is you don't consider Estelle a druggie because she has just done weed, so no harm done. Am I right?

What I am saying is that Estelle is not being supportive to her close heroin addicted family member (I've heard it may be her mother, father or brother) by posting it over the web she is smoking pot. I understand weed is the lesser drug, but a drug is a drug and if Estelle wants to experiment (good on her is all I can say), she should not post it where the addict can see it.

Plus that shit will come back and bite you on the arse if she is truly intending to get into law or politics.

Good point.

Well, if Estelle is and addict she is keeping it well hidden in the house. I would imagine she would be rather strung out atm.
Who cares if she shows it on social media....she is being herself.

Well, if Estelle is and addict she is keeping it well hidden in the house. I would imagine she would be rather strung out atm.

I think you missed Sprites point.

I don't think it is Estelle's responsibility to be "supportive" of a parents/siblings substance abusive problems.

I'd be more worried that she has the same addictive personality traits as her family member and while a lot of people can just partake of a bit of dope occasionally with no real issues she may not. As I have already mentioned, I'd also be concerned that her drug habits may affect her future career.

As I have already mentioned, I'd also be concerned that her drug habits may affect her future career.

Do you ever wonder whether masturbatory habits affect your career?

I hear that's pretty addictive too.

I don't think it is Estelle's responsibility to be "supportive" of a parents/siblings substance abusive problems.

When I mean supportive, I mean giving support to help them quit. Say a smoker was trying to quit... you would not light up a fag right in front of them, unless you couldn't give a shit how they felt. Same as an alcoholic... you would not sit there and get blind stinking drunk and not feel any sort of guilt. If it is say Estelle's Mother who is the addict, how would she feel seeing that her daughter is posting that she is doing drugs? and if Estelle has previously supported her to quit and saying that she has had a tough life due to the addiction, it contradicts the support if she herself does it.

Plus if you cannot rely on your loved ones being there for you in your time of need, who can you rely on then for support?

I'd be more worried that she has the same addictive personality traits as her family member and while a lot of people can just partake of a bit of dope occasionally with no real issues she may not.

I agree it could be a worry

Last edited:
When I mean supportive, I mean giving support to help them quit. Say a smoker was trying to quit... you would not light up a fag right in front of them, unless you couldn't give a shit how they felt. Same as an alcoholic... you would not sit there and get blind stinking drunk and not feel any sort of guilt.

Oh I see what you mean and yes I agree. Even if you wanted to drink/smoke or whatever you'd be discrete.

I think you missed Sprites point.

That would not be anything unusual :)....but I did just reply to the thread, not to anyone in particular. I was just showing an opinion of what I thought . That is okay isn't it ??

Is Estelle anti drugs per se or just getting to that level of dependence whereby you can't function? From what I see she seems like a perfectly reasonable and intelligent young woman, quirks and all.

I might be wrong, but that was the impression I got from watching Confidential, that she's had that conversation with the other housemates before and was anti-drugs. You could be right about her just not believing in taking it too far, or that she just gets upset about the topic without taking an anti-drugs stance.

No one said Estelle is an addict, she's clearly not.

You do understand smoking a joint every now and then is a world away from shooting up Harry, yes?

That's what I'm wondering, if that's Estelle's attitude. If she's seen the effects of addiction first-hand but sees pot as different, if her anti-drugs stance only applies to harder drugs. It just seems odd that she can be so blasé about smoking pot herself when she's seen someone go through that.

Just wondering how this fits in with what Estelle was saying on Confidential, something like "If you're wondering why I get so upset about addiction, it's because my ______ is a heroin addict". Why does she do drugs herself then (that Tumblr post was only a year ago)?

Heroin is strongly associated with sudden, gruesome, preventable death. It is also extremely addictive, with addicts spending thousands of dollars per day and willing to risk their own and other people's well being to get on. Heroin distribution networks have some of the most predatory and unconscionable sociopaths ever to take human form operating them (basically, the most ruthless dealers rise to the top). That is the way it has always been, from when heroin was first derived from morphine, to the present day. That is how it has been when heroin was legal (including the distribution - vide the opium wars). It is the most physically harmful and addictive drug known. Only alcohol does more harm to the people it addicts and the people who live with them, and only because it is far more widely used than heroin.

Estelle smoked marijuana, maybe only because she was visiting the Nieuwendijk in Amsterdam, where smoking dope has the same kind of connotations as drinking water does at Lourdes, or using the pedestrian crossing with three mates on Abbey Road, or stroking the tit of the statue in the Casa di Giulietta - something that every tourist does when they are there. Marijuana is a drug that mainly causes people to imagine they are creative and insightful when they are thick witted and hungry, has no recorded cases of death through overdose or through habitual use, costs at least twenty times less than heroin, is less addictive than Coca Cola, and can be obtained as easily (and in Amsterdam, as legally) from sources not more sinister (Admittedly the distributors of cannabis have not as up front about their ties to armed groups as Coca Cola has been with its marketing itself through the US army, but there are many more and much stronger evidence of direct links between heroin distribution and war-lordism, arms trading and terrorism: look at Vietnam in the 60's, Myanmar and Laos in the 80's, Afghanistan in modern times. A drug that is smelly, bulky, low priced, and as easy for most users to leave as to take, a drug that most users would not knowingly risk their lives to take, is never going to have the profit margins of heroin.)

Another point: Why would somebody who grew up in an environment where taking drugs was normal adult behaviour, think taking drugs was normal adult behavior?
There is some dispute about the role of genes and environment, but there is evidence that the children of heavy alcohol drinkers, nicotine smokers, coffee drinkers, and heroin addicts, are more likely to use their parent's drug of choice as adults, than the children of parents who don't use those drugs.

So maybe Estelle's father was a pot-smoker and not a heroin addict at all.

Last edited:
Look, unless any of us are in or know of the family dynamic we simply do not know. Perhaps the relative in question has been cured for a number of years now? Maybe it happened when she was a kid and into her teen years and that's why she dropped out of school? It's all supposition. I just know I like her on television. She's a nice girl and doesn't appear to have any callousness or mean spiritedness in her.

Look, unless any of us are in or know of the family dynamic we simply do not know. Perhaps the relative in question has been cured for a number of years now? Maybe it happened when she was a kid and into her teen years and that's why she dropped out of school? It's all supposition. I just know I like her on television. She's a nice girl and doesn't appear to have any callousness or mean spiritedness in her.

http://stellvadore.tumblr.com/post/9798358100/ams-saturday-afternoon-claire-i-set-off-through

Dated 4th September 2011.

Heroin is strongly associated with sudden, gruesome, preventable death. It is also extremely addictive, with addicts spending thousands of dollars per day and willing to risk their own and other people's well being to get on. Heroin distribution networks have some of the most predatory and unconscionable sociopaths ever to take human form operating them (basically, the most ruthless dealers rise to the top). That is the way it has always been, from when heroin was first derived from morphine, to the present day. That is how it has been when heroin was legal (including the distribution - cv the opium wars). It is the most physically harmful and addictive drug known. Only alcohol does more harmful to the people it addicts and the people who live with them, and only because it is far more widely used than heroin.

Estelle did marijuana - a drug that mainly causes people to imagine they are creative and insightful when they are thick witted and hungry, has no recorded cases of death through overdose or through habitual use, costs at least twenty times less than heroin, is less addictive than Coca Cola, and can be obtained as easily (and in Amsterdam, as legally) from sources not more sinister (Admittedly the distributors of cannabis have not as up front about their ties to armed groups as Coca Cola has been with its marketing itself through the US army, but there are many more and much stronger evidence of direct links between heroin distribution and war-lordism, arms trading and terrorism: look at Vietnam in the 60's, Myanmar and Laos in the 80's, Afghanistan in modern times. A drug that is smelly, bulky, low priced, and as easy for most users to leave as to take, a drug that most users would not knowingly risk their lives to take, is never going to have the profit margins of heroin.)

Another point: Why would somebody who grew up in an environment where taking drugs was normal adult behaviour, think taking drugs was normal adult behavior?
There is some dispute about the role of genes and environment, but there is evidence that the children of heavy alcohol drinkers, nicotine smokers, coffee drinkers, and heroin addicts, are more likely to use their parents drug of choice as adults, than the children of parents who don't use those drugs.
So maybe Estelle's father was a pot-smoker and not a heroin addict at all.

The stuff on heroin is biased towards how the drug is when illegal.

Its not in itself powerfully addictive. It feels nice because it cradles you in a warmth and sublime carefree feeling about the world. All pain, physical and emotional becomes unimportant. If we are honest this is a state that is supremely desirable. So it's no surprise that a journey into this land is repeated or desired.

But I'd venture that more people venture into that world than become trapped in it.

The destructive side of heroin only manifests because of its illegality. If it was available at its true cost and marketed normally to those who wanted it then it might be like coffee is. People who get a regular supply of clean opiate can function absolutely normally as someone who smokes and is addicted to cigarettes.

The demonisation of heroin and opiates only occurred once the hidden modern slavery of humans to the usury system took hold. Industrialists needed labour and people being lost to their system was a loss to their bottom line.

People slave 30 years of their life for a block of land 500m squared. A whole fucking life of labour to feed the money power its share of your life efforts. You are a slave. People are slaves and don't realise that all of what they see is there to keep them impriaoned in that system.

The world is wide. Land is abundant. But it's all controlled by the money powers and you are a slave not a shareholder in that system.

Back