Skip to main content

Meglos?

February

I think, therefore I am, I think ...
(Re-posted here as I posted it originally in Housekeeping where it was suggested it might be noticed by most people)

I thought I'd start this thread as a few of us are concerned about Meglos.
He hasn't posted now for over two weeks, and we're worried about him.
Does anyone have contact with him outside of this forum?
We would be grateful to know if he is alright and everything is fine.
Here's hoping for some good news šŸ¤žšŸ½šŸ™ ā¤ļø

Last edited:
it's been almost a week, if he was okay he would have more than likely seen and responded by now. Now I am worried.
Did the email bounce back, or just didn't get replied to
Let's hope he suddenly make an appearance šŸ™šŸ¤žšŸ½

Hi everyone,

@T.R. here found me on another forum. I am an online friend of Meglos's and have known him (in an online sense) for some years.

Unfortunately, Meglos (real name Brad) passed away on Monday 13 May 2024. I do not know details of what happened, other than it was sudden and unexpected.

Like others here, I began to worry something bad might have happened when I hadn't heard from Brad in over a week, which was uncharacteristic of him. We were in almost daily email/online forum contact. He had disappeared previously for a day or 2-3 at a time when he had some computer issues, but never for this long. Fortunately, I had (finally) added him as a friend on facebook a month or two before this happened, and through that, his father was able to message me to inform me of this sad news.

While I didn't know Brad personally, I thought very highly of him, and we both shared an intense (OK, quite nerdy) interest in the Australian music charts from the 1980s and 1990s, particularly for low-charting 'flop' singles and albums/artists. I wrote a short tribute to Brad on my Australian chart flops blog the other week - https://www.bubblingdownunder.com/2024/05/week-commencing-25-may-1992.html .

I am sorry to be the bearer of such awful news. Brad will be remembered fondly by all who knew him.

ā€¦oh my god!ā€¦ how sadā€¦ he was a good friend of mine too in pmā€™s on hereā€¦ how devastatingā€¦ my commiserations to all of his familyā€¦ you will be missed my friendā€¦ so sadā€¦ goodbye my friendā€¦ ā˜¹ļø

This is absolutely devastating news. Last week I went looking online to see if Meglos was on any other forums and managed to find a place he had been active at in the past and that was where I found his online friend @Nugs and got in contact. Thank you for letting everyone know @Nugs. I wasnā€™t sure if it was my place to break this terribly sad news.

@Meglos was one of my favourite members on here. He was a wonderful sweet guy and will be immensely missed. I loved how he was literally here every day and his dedication with keeping up with all of the reality shows on the commercial networks. I also admired his passion for music and the Australian charts. I will remember his love for ā€œDoctor Whoā€ and ā€œPrisonerā€. He shared his life with us on here and I felt like I related to him in many ways. This is a terrible, terrible loss. Things will never be the same again around here without him.

R.I.P. Brad.

Back