Skip to main content

ME TOO - Is there a female alive that hasn't had males do gross stuff

kxk

SAPIOSEXUAL
I am interested in this, any females alive that have avoided male shit?

How much we just put up with - from an early age too.

It starts when you are a kid, I cannot stand butchers they were the first, being all creepy when I was about 10.
Then I guess I was 11 or 12 when I suffered the first pinches and touches, erk.....old men, daylight, my local burb just shopping.
And so it goes.................gross stuff, escalates as you grow....and you get better at seeing warning signs and avoiding stuff, but honestly some of it was unbelievable as a teen, then an adult....

I had a male friend, married with three children, the son being about five years younger than me. We knew each other at church and we just clicked as friends. I was also friends with his wife and children. Long story short, he tried a move on me one day which freaked me out. Completely out of the blue. I had never, ever, looked at him as a potential 'love interest', just as someone I got along well with and was comfortable with. I wasn't inexperienced either and was in my early 30s. I've spoken with him a handful of times since then socially and was very uncomfortable. We don't move in quite the same circles anymore thankfully. The mere sight of him repulses me. In some ways, what he presumed would be accepted and reciprocated, wasn't much really in the greater scheme of things, but it was enough.

I am interested in this, any females alive that have avoided male shit..
I'm thinking maybe not. Maybe there are no females without at least some shit having been heaped on them. I've avoided posting "me too" because the first ones I saw on my feed came from friends whose stories I knew well and their experiences had been very serious. In comparison, my experiences had been things that I could walk away from and were short-lived.

But the more I thought about it, the more I realised that it is exactly that type of insidious behaviour that guys get away with which leads to the worse stuff. And - in my worst experience - it did actually get to the stage where I had to put in an official complaint at my workplace before it stopped (but not without him testing the boundaries just a couple more times).

Then I think back to how I handled him and I get ANGRY at myself: I put off reporting him because it could affect his career; I was always unfailingly polite to him; I upset my work routine to avoid him rather than face the embarrassment of our encounters ; and (after I reported him) felt I owed him to help him feel better about it and actually said to him - "It's okay, I'm just not a touchy feely person". His response was a snide, sleazy: "Well I feel really sorry for your husband". In reality I am the exact opposite. I'm a hugger and a cuddler. I use hand touch a lot in my interactions with folk - as long as we are both comfortable with that.

So why the hell did I think I had to help him save face? This was a while ago now and I hope I would react differently if it was to happen today.

Sorry to rave on - but @kxk, your question opened up some memories. I've had a few ( and only a few) instances in my life but wouldn't have described myself as sexually abused. But if the question is in there any woman alive who has not experienced any inappropriate behaviour from a man - sadly I think the answer is a resounding NO!

Can I please add that I do know quite a few men including my wonderful husband who have never - and would never - behave in such a way. Unfortunately, it seems they are in the minority. {end rant}

Reactions: kxk
I'm thinking maybe not. Maybe there are no females without at least some shit having been heaped on them. I've avoided posting "me too" because the first ones I saw on my feed came from friends whose stories I knew well and their experiences had been very serious. In comparison, my experiences had been things that I could walk away from and were short-lived.

But the more I thought about it, the more I realised that it is exactly that type of insidious behaviour that guys get away with which leads to the worse stuff. And - in my worst experience - it did actually get to the stage where I had to put in an official complaint at my workplace before it stopped (but not without him testing the boundaries just a couple more times).

Then I think back to how I handled him and I get ANGRY at myself: I put off reporting him because it could affect his career; I was always unfailingly polite to him; I upset my work routine to avoid him rather than face the embarrassment of our encounters ; and (after I reported him) felt I owed him to help him feel better about it and actually said to him - "It's okay, I'm just not a touchy feely person". His response was a snide, sleazy: "Well I feel really sorry for your husband". In reality I am the exact opposite. I'm a hugger and a cuddler. I use hand touch a lot in my interactions with folk - as long as we are both comfortable with that.

So why the hell did I think I had to help him save face? This was a while ago now and I hope I would react differently if it was to happen today.

Sorry to rave on - but @kxk, your question opened up some memories. I've had a few ( and only a few) instances in my life but wouldn't have described myself as sexually abused. But if the question is in there any woman alive who has not experienced any inappropriate behaviour from a man - sadly I think the answer is a resounding NO!

Can I please add that I do know quite a few men including my wonderful husband who have never - and would never - behave in such a way. Unfortunately, it seems they are in the minority. {end rant}
Mine was very minor and happened once but it gave me a fright as it was so unexpected. I agree that these small incidental things, can, if let go, have potential to give someone confidence to be brazen enough to go way too far.

The thing is it starts when you are just a kid
And your armour begins to form
Then as a teen you start to get the restrictions you need to stay safe
I became pretty cynical around 18, sick of dirty old creeps

And I learned to be careful early, a sister was almost murdered when I was about 10.

My family totally unfortunately proves the statistics are accurate, 1 in 3 women will suffer a serious sexual assault.

6 girls.....2 raped.................and we all learnt to walk down the middle of the road at night, safer, you can see all around you. Never walk on footpaths, attackers hide in drive ways, behind bushes, near fences etc.

But I refuse to go underground at night, I am careful but I need to be free and do what I like.

Males do not get how restricted life can be for females, once walked a boyfriend through what you do as a female to stay safe - he had asked me to meet him at a lads pub near a city wharf.....DANGER, DANGER, DANGER

I carry a lighter and a small hairspray - any stingy spray to blind em, mace is not legal, but anything else is:)

What has this forum come to? Can’t we all just behave?

@marquisite @Brekkie can we have this thread closed or deleted? Some of these posts are completely borderline and asking for trouble. Particularly the bullying shown in the last one.

@Affable........................No
Do not delete......we have a right to be heard, stop the silence

By all means ban the dickhead that wants to make this their personal sewer........WTF, idiot

I love males, especially my darling brother who was also a victim of sexual assault as a teen, by a male. Ruined his education.

And silly crap that idiot posters throw up, who cares

DO NOT KEEP QUIET

LISTEN

Find it hilarious when people call me a man hater.............first 8 years here I was mistaken for a man
Making up quotes.......out of context.............ie re qtkt, who never said that.....
Of course we must be ugly if we complain about male behaviour.....when clearly they do not discriminate against attacking old and ugly[DOUBLEPOST=1508639858][/DOUBLEPOST]

Last edited:
@kxk I do not care if people share their views. The thing that I have a problem with on here are the personal attacks by some posters.

If this person did not attack, then I probably wouldn’t be complaining about this thread.

I just don’t see why we all can’t get along on here. It’s bad.

The wanker just proves the points we have been making......who cares
They make me laugh
..................everyone around here thought I was a man for 8 years.

Tracey Spicer To Unveil Decades of Sexual Assault In Australian Media
The acclaimed journalist is investigating this country's #metoo revelations.

This week Tracey Spicer sparked a major conversation around insidious sexual assault in Australian media, when she linked the unfolding #metoo social campaign to the industry's long silenced issues.

Responding to the unfolding allegations of assault in the US entertainment industry, which have centred around Harvey Weinstein and Amazon Studios head Roy Price, the journalist tweeted: "Interesting that punishment often seems swift in the US corporate, media and entertainment space, but not in Australia."

Spicer detailed her own experiences of sexual harassment at work in her recent memoir The Good Girl Stripped Bare. Specifically she wrote about the actions of former Nine News director John Sorell, who once told her "I want two inches off your hair and two inches off your arse!" But now she's calling on individuals to share their experiences, announcing that "I am investigating two long-term offenders in our media industry," and calling on others to contact her privately to share their stories.

Within 24 hours, Spicer had received hundreds of responses relating specifically to harassment within Australian media. Speaking to the Daily Telegraph, she said she was aware of "30 to 40 alleged offenders so far," most of whom were household names. The vast majority of them, she said, "would have more than one case against them."

As part of Spicer's upcoming report, she has vowed to reveal the names of "long-term offenders" across the industry.

https://www.vice.com/en_au/article/...decades-of-sexual-assault-in-australian-media

Some males hold the belief you have to be attractive to have unwelcome advances........women know how untrue this is, especially the elderly who have been attacked...

Mayim Bialik Apologizes for this attitude....

: “As a proud feminist with little desire to diet, get plastic surgery or hire a personal trainer, I have almost no personal experience with men asking me to meetings in their hotel rooms.”

More likely she wasn't attacked because she is too smart.........

How bizarre. A new troll posts, instant delete or close the thread? Maybe it's because I don't have a degree, but I do know where the report post button is.
@kxk I agree with you on Mayim Bialik, and she obviously had good people around her when she was a kid.
As to the "Me too" campaign, there is a season for everything. Winter is over.

I personally enjoyed the ironic way in which this troll chose 2am on a Saturday night/Sunday morning to complain about weird miserable disgusting human beings, at a time when all of these people had something else they were doing.

We are all so evil:(
Obvious who it is

Spring cleaning time

Protect all, all the vulnerable...................like my brother....
Corey Feldman plans to out Hollywood paedophiles following Harvey Weinstein’s downfall
FORMER child star Corey Feldman says he is working on a plan towards bringing his Hollywood abusers to justice.
Feldman, 46, who’s been outspoken for years about alleged abuse he and his late friend and childhood co-star Corey Haim suffered —

I personally enjoyed the ironic way in which this troll chose 2am on a Saturday night/Sunday morning to complain about weird miserable disgusting human beings, at a time when all of these people had something else they were doing.

I liked it how they did that and then followed up with weird miserable disgusting behaviour. I mean look in a mirror.

I thought the squawking from chicken little was more interesting.

We are all so evil:(
Obvious who it is

Spring cleaning time

Protect all, all the vulnerable...................like my brother....
Corey Feldman plans to out Hollywood paedophiles following Harvey Weinstein’s downfall
FORMER child star Corey Feldman says he is working on a plan towards bringing his Hollywood abusers to justice.
Feldman, 46, who’s been outspoken for years about alleged abuse he and his late friend and childhood co-star Corey Haim suffered —
That's a sad story too. I read there are legal ramifications to him if he names names.

..........Can I please add that I do know quite a few men including my wonderful husband who have never - and would never - behave in such a way. Unfortunately, it seems they are in the minority. {end rant}

"Good men are the minority" says qtkt, forum preist. [sic]

Making up quotes.......out of context.............ie re qtkt, who never said that.....

Thanks kxk. I guess it is a reminder of how careful we have to be with our words. I didn't think I said that either, but the way I worded it allowed it to be taken in that context. And it's not what I meant to say. I know many fine men - probably not a minority. I should not have spoken in generalities.

Having said that; as one of the weird, miserable, disgusting human beings, old women and hermits who enjoys belonging in this forum, may I suggest that those who don't like it don't need to come here. It's not compulsory.

Kxk, I hope you were able to react to that disgusting, vitriolic, unprovoked and undeserved attack on you with the contempt it deserved. Blessings.

Thanks kxk. I guess it is a reminder of how careful we have to be with our words. I didn't think I said that either, but the way I worded it allowed it to be taken in that context. And it's not what I meant to say. I know many fine men - probably not a minority. I should not have spoken in generalities.

Having said that; as one of the weird, miserable, disgusting human beings, old women and hermits who enjoys belonging in this forum, may I suggest that those who don't like it don't need to come here. It's not compulsory.

Kxk, I hope you were able to react to that disgusting, vitriolic, unprovoked and undeserved attack on you with the contempt it deserved. Blessings.

Agree completely.

Back